Cavs' Supporting Cast vs. Lakers' Supporting Cast

Originally Posted by CROSSISOM

laugh.gif

OP have u lost your mind.....

Gasol or big Z.... GASOL
MOE WILL or Lamar... LAMAR
Delonte or BYnum....BYNUM....

everybody knows, and agrees with the fact that outside kobe and lebron, lakers have a way more talented team... enough said

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Lakers cast is much better.

But the Cavs team defense > L.A. team defense.

That credit goes to Mike Brown's coaching ability.

Defense wins championships.

I agree that the Lakers cast is better than the Cavs, but people really dont give the Cavs players the credit they deserve on D. There are some pretty damngood defensive players on the Cavs. If we were just talking offensively, then yes, the Lakers have a far superior cast, but the Cavs cast of Defensive playersis pretty damn good and dont get nearly the credit they deserve.

People like to say how Lebron supporters act like Kobe always had it, well, he did. He just needed time.

It's no mistake Bynum started balling all of a sudden with Sasha. The same dude who became the Machine overnight. Farmar, for all his faults, was pretty solid at the same time as well.
laugh.gif
wow. This is the roster the year before the Lakersdrafted Farmar and Bynum.

Lamar Odom
Smush Parker
Chris Mihm
Brian Cook
Kwame Brown
Devean George
Luke Walton
Laron Profit
Sasha Vujacic
Jim Jackson (for 13 games)
Aaron McKie (signed for the MLE, played 121 minutes and scored 7 points)
Devin Green
Von Wafer
Smush Parker is no longer in the league, Brian Cook and getting jack for PT with the Magic, Devean George Blows, Laron Profit no longer in theleague, Sasha is the Lakers like 8th man and losing playing time to Shannon Brown, Jim Jackson I dont believe plays any more, Aaron McKie is retired, I dontknow who the !!@# Devin Green is, and Von Wafer is starting to blossom. Kwame Brown had talent but unfortunately he lacks a brain, and Chris Mihm is made ofglass. You cant honestly tell me that getting Bynum and Farmar gave the Lakers a cast and they have had it. Sure Bynum looks great but he is yet to play afull season as a starter, Farmar still seems to be struggling, Sasha isnt anywhere near what he was in terms of shooting.

So the answer to your response is no, the Lakers havent always had a supporting cast. 3 of their 5 starters from those years either dont play in the leagueanymore, or are struggling to get minutes off the bench.

Originally Posted by Scottsauce88

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Lakers cast is much better.

But the Cavs team defense > L.A. team defense.

That credit goes to Mike Brown's coaching ability.

Defense wins championships.

I agree that the Lakers cast is better than the Cavs, but people really dont give the Cavs players the credit they deserve on D. There are some pretty damn good defensive players on the Cavs. If we were just talking offensively, then yes, the Lakers have a far superior cast, but the Cavs cast of Defensive players is pretty damn good and dont get nearly the credit they deserve.

People like to say how Lebron supporters act like Kobe always had it, well, he did. He just needed time.

It's no mistake Bynum started balling all of a sudden with Sasha. The same dude who became the Machine overnight. Farmar, for all his faults, was pretty solid at the same time as well.
laugh.gif
wow. This is the roster the year before the Lakers drafted Farmar and Bynum.

Lamar Odom
Smush Parker
Chris Mihm
Brian Cook
Kwame Brown
Devean George
Luke Walton
Laron Profit
Sasha Vujacic
Jim Jackson (for 13 games)
Aaron McKie (signed for the MLE, played 121 minutes and scored 7 points)
Devin Green
Von Wafer
Smush Parker is no longer in the league, Brian Cook and getting jack for PT with the Magic, Devean George Blows, Laron Profit no longer in the league, Sasha is the Lakers like 8th man and losing playing time to Shannon Brown, Jim Jackson I dont believe plays any more, Aaron McKie is retired, I dont know who the !!@# Devin Green is, and Von Wafer is starting to blossom. Kwame Brown had talent but unfortunately he lacks a brain, and Chris Mihm is made of glass. You cant honestly tell me that getting Bynum and Farmar gave the Lakers a cast and they have had it. Sure Bynum looks great but he is yet to play a full season as a starter, Farmar still seems to be struggling, Sasha isnt anywhere near what he was in terms of shooting.

So the answer to your response is no, the Lakers havent always had a supporting cast. 3 of their 5 starters from those years either dont play in the league anymore, or are struggling to get minutes off the bench.
QFT

I'm not saying Sasha had anything to do with Bynum's development.

And I don't mean the Lakers always had a potent lineup.

But it's no mistake that Sasha and Bynum started producing at the same time. And then you throw in Gasol, and it is what it is.

Lakers winning the West, Kobe MVP, etc.

Compared to Lakers fans belief that Kobe all of a sudden switched up his game. Not really. More like the Lakers improved overnight, thus, making the Lakers amuch better team than they had been.

The Cavs play good team defense. They don't have good defensive players. Wally is not a good defender. Mo Williams has never been known as a defender.That's Mike Brown's coaching if anything.

the thing is, he actually made a VALID argument.
true, the lakers BENCH is better, but the lakers are an offensive team, and the cavs are a defensive team, which makes it harder to compare, but still, thesupporting cast isnt as far off as others make it seem.

We'll find out the answer to this question if both teams make it to the finals. Until then LAKERS > jazz and CAVS > pistons

This @$@! is going way too far.

Kobe is great. Lebron is great. Both teams are great.

Just enjoy watching great basketball and shut up.

people are missing the point, clearly the Lakers group are the more 'talented' team, but talent alone doesn't win games

focused, driven, prepared professional players win games by learning the system the coach provides and executing on both ends, right now the Cavs, I feel, areexecuting better on both ends

the Cavs are not as 'talented' on offence, but offence don't win games, defence does, and that's where the Cavs are the better team

its obviously the lakers. Bynum is their 4th best player. shows how good he is. Tell me a 4th best player on another team as good as andrew

the cavs supporting cast is still straight....if they played motived as they are with lebron then they would've made the playoffs w/o lebron...i honestlyfeel that way

now the lakers supporting cast wouldnt sniff the playoffs w/o Kobe

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

the cavs supporting cast is still straight....if they played motived as they are with lebron then they would've made the playoffs w/o lebron...i honestly feel that way

eek.gif
roll.gif
$$#? They almost won last night in Utah WITHOUT Kobe showing up.

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

the cavs supporting cast is still straight....if they played motived as they are with lebron then they would've made the playoffs w/o lebron...i honestly feel that way

eek.gif
roll.gif
$$#? They almost won last night in Utah WITHOUT Kobe showing up.
but kobe was still on the floor.......i'm talking about either him or lebron in a suit.....not hoping either one gets injured next year but ifone or both did you'll see

Back
Top Bottom