CDP/OG 18s Vs 22s In COMFORT - Please reply if you have both

I have an option to buy the CDP 18s or the Omega 22s for $100 each and am just looking for which is the most comfortable.

Please get back to me asap.

Originally Posted by swingshot

They both have their problems TBH. Are you wearing them for comfort or to play in?
Thanks for your input guys. I don't play serious ball, its winter here anyway. They're for walking around over the winter so I can wearred shoes without messing up my suede 21s

Originally Posted by shottyblood

Thanks for your input guys. I don't play serious ball, its winter here anyway. They're for walking around over the winter so I can wear red shoes without messing up my suede 21s

Note: Comments on the XVIII are based on the OGs, i've not tried the CDP version.

IIRC, it's a full length Zoom air bag with a second bag in the heel - so definitely comfortable.
The 'comfort control plate' also works pretty well. Additionally, the cover over the laces may help keep your feet dry/warm.
The downside of the XVIII is that there can be a certain amount of heel slipage, and the outsole is made of relatively soft rubber. This may help traction...but it affects durability.
Without regular maintenance, the upper is likely to look worn pretty soon..

XX2:

XX2 beats the XVIII on fit/support.
Although i only own the suede/nubuck versions i've heard the upper on the 'leather' ones crease easily.
Regardless of color or upper material, the midsole creases easily.

In terms of cushioning...... i really feel the shoe falls short of the XVIII. The forefoot cushioning is adequate... but the heel cushioning is another story:

Regardless of which cushioning unit you have in the heel, the unit is too small to provide anything but very minimal cushioning.. you have proper Air, and thenPhylon, which gives it a slightly inconsistent feel. Additionally, the heel feels rather high off the ground compared to forefoot.. and the shoe is rather widearound the back. These factors make the shoe feel a little 'clunky'
The rubber seems durable enough.... but the paint on the exposed plate will start to chip easily.

There's no clear winner here. The XVIII wins on cushioning, but upper will require a lot of care, and the outsole isn't great for extended outdoorwear.
The XX2 falls short on cushioning, but the upper is more durable. The rubber on the outsole appears more hard wearing.... but the "Titanium" platewill show wear quickly.

On a personal note: I think the lasering on the Omega XX2 does the shoe no favors.

Thanks for your input guys. I don't play serious ball, its winter here anyway. They're for walking around over the winter so I can wear red shoes without messing up my suede 21s

Note: Comments on the XVIII are based on the OGs, i've not tried the CDP version.

IIRC, it's a full length Zoom air bag with a second bag in the heel - so definitely comfortable.
The 'comfort control plate' also works pretty well. Additionally, the cover over the laces may help keep your feet dry/warm.
The downside of the XVIII is that there can be a certain amount of heel slipage, and the outsole is made of relatively soft rubber. This may help traction... but it affects durability.
Without regular maintenance, the upper is likely to look worn pretty soon..

XX2:

XX2 beats the XVIII on fit/support.
Although i only own the suede/nubuck versions i've heard the upper on the 'leather' ones crease easily.
Regardless of color or upper material, the midsole creases easily.

In terms of cushioning...... i really feel the shoe falls short of the XVIII. The forefoot cushioning is adequate... but the heel cushioning is another story:

Regardless of which cushioning unit you have in the heel, the unit is too small to provide anything but very minimal cushioning.. you have proper Air, and then Phylon, which gives it a slightly inconsistent feel. Additionally, the heel feels rather high off the ground compared to forefoot.. and the shoe is rather wide around the back. These factors make the shoe feel a little 'clunky'
The rubber seems durable enough.... but the paint on the exposed plate will start to chip easily.

There's no clear winner here. The XVIII wins on cushioning, but upper will require a lot of care, and the outsole isn't great for extended outdoor wear.
The XX2 falls short on cushioning, but the upper is more durable. The rubber on the outsole appears more hard wearing.... but the "Titanium" plate will show wear quickly.

On a personal note: I think the lasering on the Omega XX2 does the shoe no favors.

*clapclapclap*

That was great man, thank you. I still haven't decided, and will probably end up trying on my buddy's 22s first compared to my 18s to see how thingsare. I definately appreciate the full air unit on the 18s, that is the most comfortable sole I've ever stepped on, even if they are annoying to get on vs.other jays. For just $100 I can deal with a pic of MJ over the winter:wink:

Thanks again, wish you all all th ebest

Casual - 18's
Basketball - 22's

18's cushioning is great. They aren't very durable though. They'll crease, squeek, & cushioning will seem to wear if you play in them. Casual,they'll be fine though.

22's would be a better choice in terms of playing performance.

So I went to see those 18s today and my god they suck @%+.

They're so bad I can't even describe - do NOT cop the CDP 18s. They are utter garbage. My Black/Blue 18s are so cushiony, the CDP ones just feel liketheres cardboard. Hard to believe there's even nike air under there - is this just because they need to get broken in? Also my jordan 18s are a 11.5. Inormally wear a 10.5 and these CDP ones were size 11. I could barely get my foot in and they were so tight I just couldn't walk.

The guy's from the next city over and I know he's not coming back to meet me anytime soon, but I would like to know in case for the future if anyonehas specific jordan 18(cdp) experience with this.

My next option is Jordan 19s from the CDP. Just wondering if anyone has them and thinks they're comfortable compared to the OG jordan 18s. I don'twanna meet this guy and try on another pair of cardboard jordans.

So I went to see those 18s today and my god they suck +@$.

So, now they can't even properly reproduce shoes from *five* years ago? Pathetic.

18's. i've played bball in every single jordan.....yes, including the 1's.....but the 18's work best for me, especially cause i have kind of awide feet. they never hurt my pinky toe. 18's are my best balling shoes imo. casual wise, neither the 18 or 22 are made to wear casually.....they just lookugly with jeans and stuff....but to each his own.

im split on this one, the 18's insole slip when playing in them but are more comfy imo for casual wear than the xx2's, on the other hand the xx2'sare very comfy for playing hoops so go with what you intent to use it for.

He's moved on from the XVIII.

He wants to know what people think of the CDP XIX.

OG XIX would get two thumbs up from me, but the CDP XIX may be a different shoe.

Yeah I know what you mean. If you look at the CDP 18's that are just sitting on the selves in stores around here in Boston. They look like GARBAGE. They're like all creased and look like the beaters that have been beaten for too long. They honestly will make you shake your head when your in the store looking at them

So, now they can't even properly reproduce shoes from *five* years ago? Pathetic.

Originally Posted by jermz101

Yeah I know what you mean. If you look at the CDP 18's that are just sitting on the selves in stores around here in Boston. They look like GARBAGE. They're like all creased and look like the beaters that have been beaten for too long. They honestly will make you shake your head when your in the store looking at them

Yeah I thought people knew that the CDP 18 was garbage? When I seen them in stores I wanted to throw the shoe across the store. The shoe looked like someonepurposely creased them. So then no matter what store I go to I see the 18's and they still look as though they've been ran over by a car. I have noidea how a sneaker can look so bad and be new all at the same time. How can someone honestly tell themselves its hot. Good idea on not picking them up.

Back
Top Bottom