Cee-Lo & Dre 3000 - Anybody want them to quit playin and just put out a normal rap album?

Just like people who only know Eminem after hearing Recovery, people now seem to only know Cee-Lo from The Voice, "#^$&" You", and Gnarles Barkley.
And those same people only know Dre 3000 from....well, those 3 verses a year he does on R&B songs. I recently went back to listen to Cee-Lo's 'Perfect
Imperfections' and Goodie Mob's 'Soul Food' and was reminded of how incredible he is (or was) as a pure lyricist, and the same with old OutKast stuff. Anybody
else waiting for them to drop/push aside this alternative/fusion style stuff and just bless us with a normal rap album? I can't be the only one.

Just like people who only know Eminem after hearing Recovery, people now seem to only know Cee-Lo from The Voice, "#^$&" You", and Gnarles Barkley.
And those same people only know Dre 3000 from....well, those 3 verses a year he does on R&B songs. I recently went back to listen to Cee-Lo's 'Perfect
Imperfections' and Goodie Mob's 'Soul Food' and was reminded of how incredible he is (or was) as a pure lyricist, and the same with old OutKast stuff. Anybody
else waiting for them to drop/push aside this alternative/fusion style stuff and just bless us with a normal rap album? I can't be the only one.

One of those things that goes without saying...but needs to be reiterated until the real fans get what they deserve!

One of those things that goes without saying...but needs to be reiterated until the real fans get what they deserve!

I don't know a lot about Cee-Lo.  I wasn't big into Goodie Mob back in the day.  But I'm definitely wishing Andre 3000 would drop something.  I get
mad.gif
whenever I hear him drop a verse on another artist's track.

I don't know a lot about Cee-Lo.  I wasn't big into Goodie Mob back in the day.  But I'm definitely wishing Andre 3000 would drop something.  I get
mad.gif
whenever I hear him drop a verse on another artist's track.

they both dope, switching it up, but i agree they should go back to the basics and drop some lyrical +%#*.

they both dope, switching it up, but i agree they should go back to the basics and drop some lyrical +%#*.

they both dope, switching it up, but i agree they should go back to the basics and drop some lyrical $%%#.

they both dope, switching it up, but i agree they should go back to the basics and drop some lyrical $%%#.

Cee-lo got a GREAT thing going now....vocally, he's one of the most talented guys in music (not just hip-hop...but ALL of music). Period. I'm not mad at the direction he's gone in...he's opened up more doors for himself.

Cee-lo got a GREAT thing going now....vocally, he's one of the most talented guys in music (not just hip-hop...but ALL of music). Period. I'm not mad at the direction he's gone in...he's opened up more doors for himself.

I don't mind Cee-lo singing, but I stopped listening to Andre when he stopped rapping.

I don't mind Cee-lo singing, but I stopped listening to Andre when he stopped rapping.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

!!

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

!!

I would like more rap from him but Cee-Lo's current lane produces nothing but great music.

3stax is a lost cause. I'll just be glad to hear an album from dude.

I would like more rap from him but Cee-Lo's current lane produces nothing but great music.

3stax is a lost cause. I'll just be glad to hear an album from dude.

Not mad at Cee-Lo either...

A 3 Stacks album or any new material from him for that matter would be appreciated though.
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom