~~~~| Celebrities Rockin Heat (Fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. IV | ~~~~

NY did not put cats onto air jordans.

:lol: They def did.

Can't tell me cats were rocking J's in the south and the west coast in the 90s like that. ****** was still on chucks and Lord knows what cats in the south were rocking.

I ain't see no body on No Limit rocking J's. Big Boi was rocking fakes when OutKast was popping :lol:.

Never seen none of these cats rock J's like that until the 2000s.

**** the Goadome for one. Two NY cats made that **** hot. Yeah those shop-owners had a great idea. But it was cats coming down from NY taking 'em back.

Cmon man. How you one on hand going to say DC/Bmore never put out nothing jiggy....then try to say "y'all made me hot" after coming down and getting them from us :lol:.

That doesn't make any sense.

Can't tell me cats were rocking J's in the south and the west coast in the 90s like that. ****** was still on chucks and Lord knows what cats in the south were rocking.

I ain't see no body on No Limit rocking J's. Big Boi was rocking fakes when OutKast was popping :lol:.

Big Boi rocking BC 3 in the 90s
14a9360343477720e67662af1328d22a.jpg

Last edited:
Cmon man. How you one on hand going to say DC/Bmore never put out nothing jiggy....then try to say "y'all made me hot" after coming down and getting them from us :lol:.

Don't mind NY'ers. These are the same dudes who claim Michael Jordan, and he only breathed in NY for like 2 hours as a baby :lol:. Cats are crazy.

Plies and Trick never even talk about style, :lol:. Look how Jay-Z dresses :rofl:. Most stylish NY rappers were Kane, Slick Rick, Grand Puba. Nowadays, ASAP Rocky is the best of NY. And Theophilus London but, he is not a household name.

Ny rappers usually have dope shoes, and that's it

Yeah Hov never been well-dressed. Now he has stylists dress him and he still looks unnatural in his fits.

But why are we talking about only rappers though? Look at athletes from NY. Actors. DESIGNERS. I mean c'mon with that.

Dear Dc and ny people.
Who put who on what and when means nothing 30 years later.

City rivalries are too corny. Like " screw you calgary, edmonton rocks, we put yall on oil"
meanwhile all these country idiots are freezing their sacks off watching oil prices plummet.

Let it go, you can both wear foams forces and acgs, the weather says youre all good

Hey, here's some guy named Mystikal in a Jordan jersey... oh, wait..

View media item 1950667

I don't think you realize how silly you sound dude

Thats a lie lol.
I personally have seen alot of cats rock js b4 2000
Da hell lol

I mean where i live we are and have always been behind in trends.
Back in the day we most definitely drew inspiration from ny....cali...etc.
Whether relatives that came down to visit or videos ..tv etc

But cats been rocking air jordans.

Michael jordan put cats on to air jordans.

NY was responsible for alot of trends but not that.

Thats ridiculous

Last edited:

Those shop owners certainly didn't make 'em hot.

WE made 'em hot by copping em up.

Dear Dc and ny people.

City rivalries are too corny. Like " screw you calgary, edmonton rocks, we put yall on oil"
meanwhile all these country idiots are freezing their sacks off watching oil prices plummet.

Let it go, you can both wear foams forces and acgs, the weather says youre all good
the convo is beyond corny.

City rivalries are too corny.

Facts.

That sh*t died years ago with the emergence of social media.

Besides, no one gives a **** where you're from anway.

If you fresh, you fresh, regardless of where you're from.

Last edited:
jordans always been out but reebok classics was the south shoe of choice for the 90's but some who could afford did j's....that much is a fact....hi-tec/eastland boots was they go-to boots too......timbs are now the norm

^^^ it's just kinda interesting banter. I mean there's history behind how the hip hop fashion stuff used to travel between cities before the rise of the Internet. I mean, the fact that people were traveling 3hrs back and forth to cop kicks soley from word of mouth is dope.

Regional identity is important in this "culture". It's been lost. But I always thought it was cool to see how people dressed/talked/lived in other cities. To see the similarities and differences. Seeing trends travel gradually. That's dope to me.

Every region kinda had their own thing. And you appropriate here and there. Detroit with carriers, south with gold fronts/girbauds/tees, west with the chucks etc. Not having regional identity is kind of boring in my opinion.

Thats a lie lol.

I mean where i live we are and have always been behind in trends.
Back in the day we most definitely drew inspiration from ny....cali...etc.
Whether relatives that came down to visit or videos ..tv etc

But cats been rocking air jordans.

Michael jordan put cats on to air jordans.

NY was responsible for alot of trends but not that.

Thats ridiculous

For it to get to this point, NY cats DEFINITELY took J's to another level.

I know because being a transplant from NY to the southwest (AZ) and having lived out here for damn near 10 years I've seen the evolution.

When I came down, only a handful of cats in the state had shoe game like that. It wasn't just AZ natives either, I noticed other transplants, from Texas and Louisiana (a ton came here after Katrina) just weren't up on Nikes and J's like that.

Now? everyone savvy. 10 years later :rolleyes.

^^^ it's just kinda interesting banter. I mean there's history behind how the hip hop fashion stuff used to travel between cities before the rise of the Internet. I mean, the fact that people were traveling 3hrs back and forth to cop kicks soley from word of mouth is dope.

Regional identity is important in this "culture". It's been lost. But I always thought it was cool to see how people dressed/talked/lived in other cities. To see the similarities and differences. Seeing trends travel gradually. That's dope to me.

Every region kinda had their own thing. And you appropriate here and there. Detroit with carriers, south with gold fronts/girbauds/tees, west with the chucks etc. Not having regional identity is kind of boring in my opinion.

This. It's all barbershop talk.

Nothing too serious...

For it to get to this point, NY cats DEFINITELY took J's to another level.

I know because being a transplant from NY to the southwest (AZ) and having lived out here for damn near 10 years I've seen the evolution.

When I came down, only a handful of cats in the state had shoe game like that. It wasn't just AZ natives either, I noticed other transplants, from Texas and Louisiana (a ton came here after Katrina) just weren't up on Nikes and J's like that.

Now? everyone savvy. 10 years later :rolleyes.

Of course everyone savvy 10 yrs later.
a Hella lot has changed in the last 5 years alone.

Alot of that is due to social media. Cats dont have to travel to see who is wearing what.

But in terms of jordans what are u talking about.
They have always been popular.

Like i said as long as i can remember dudes have liked jordans and it had nothing to do with an outside regional influence.

ny put on alot of things but jordans was not one.

and im not sayin this to slight ny or eem argue but that is very obvious to me.

laugh.gif
They def did.

I ain't see no body on No Limit rocking J's. Big Boi was rocking fakes when OutKast was popping
laugh.gif

Boy stop.  The Souf & West Coast always been rocking J's even before you were in pampers.

Ignorant General Statement.

west coasters been wearing jordans too

eazy-e-nike.jpg

if you had money, you were waring fly **** period. 

and not just rappers
4ba21e28188bffd772c8533a95770f51.jpg

Flea  
pimp.gif

Red-Hot-Chili-Peppers_01.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom