~~~~| Celebrities Rockin Heat (Fly gear/Fly kicks) VOL. IV | ~~~~

Seems like I struck a nerve up in here. What I’m speaking is facts. Some of the clothing of the older generation of Hip Hop/Rap was sometimes similar, but it was nothing like how it is today. Run Dmc and N.W.A where not worried about how the other was dressing or sounding, in order to bite an element of each others style like they do nowadays. OutKast wasn’t copying Mob Deep in any way. Wu-Tang wasn’t copying Goodie Mobb, etc. Everybodies look was completely different in some aspect, despite of maybe wearing the popular brand of that era.

It’s not all of the new artists doing it, but it’s a huge number of them that come out looking,sounding the same. It’s so bad today, that even their backgrounds and story is the same. It’s like they think that they need to dress, think, and literally sound the same. It sort of started with the Kanye era, when it comes to this popular sheep mentality in Hip Hop/Rap. Where it’s cool to be a follower, instead of being a trendsetter.

It has nothing to do with my music taste either. I listen to Travis S.,NBA,K.Gates,MoneyBagg,GHergo,L.Baby and even more new artists when they make songs that I like. But I’m calling out any new artists that has colored dreads/braids,face tattoos,emo in any way,skinny/distressed jeans, chokers, whiling saying yea after every 5 or 8 words in a song.

Prime example of the sheep mentality of today = anything loud in color or matching is talked bad about, because it’s a really bad herd mentality today when it comes to fashion. I don’t agree with everything that Fab or dipset wears, but it balances out this clone era we’re in, so I like some of their fits, not all though.

Lupe
Screenshot_2018-09-02-21-06-24-553.jpeg

They literally did the fusion dance from Dragon Ball Z

Seems like I struck a nerve up in here. What I’m speaking is facts. Some of the clothing of the older generation of Hip Hop/Rap was sometimes similar, but it was nothing like how it is today. Run Dmc and N.W.A where not worried about how the other was dressing or sounding, in order to bite an element of each others style like they do nowadays. OutKast wasn’t copying Mob Deep in any way. Wu-Tang wasn’t copying Goodie Mobb, etc. Everybodies look was completely different in some aspect, despite of maybe wearing the popular brand of that era.

It’s not all of the new artists doing it, but it’s a huge number of them that come out looking,sounding the same. It’s so bad today, that even their backgrounds and story is the same. It’s like they think that they need to dress, think, and literally sound the same. It sort of started with the Kanye era, when it comes to this popular sheep mentality in Hip Hop/Rap. Where it’s cool to be a follower, instead of being a trendsetter.

It has nothing to do with my music taste either. I listen to Travis S.,NBA,K.Gates,MoneyBagg,GHergo,L.Baby and even more new artists when they make songs that I like. But I’m calling out any new artists that has colored dreads/braids,face tattoos,emo in any way,skinny/distressed jeans, chokers, whiling saying yea after every 5 or 8 words in a song.

Does Drake dress like Kendrick? Do Migos dress like J Cole? Does Travis dress like Meek? Please stop. There are style difference everywhere in hip hop right now.

Back
Top Bottom