Central Park Five (2012) documentary on notorious NYC case in the late 1980's

View media item 260086
Synopsis...
In 1989, five black and Latino teenagers were arrested and charged for brutally attacking and raping a white female jogger in Central Park. News media swarmed the case, calling it "the crime of the century." But the truth about what really happened didn't become clear until after the five had spent years in prison for a crime they didn't commit. With THE CENTRAL PARK FIVE, this story of injustice finally gets the telling it deserves. Based on Sarah Burns' best-selling book and co-directed by her husband David McMahon and father, the beloved doc filmmaker Ken Burns, this incendiary film tells the riveting tale of innocent young men scapegoated for a heinous crime, and serves as a mirror for our times.

I've heard great things about this doc. Studied the case a little bit in school. Anyone seen it or know how to watch?

Last edited:
Studied it in school a bit. Always been pretty intrigued. Bears a striking resemblance to the West Memphis 3 case.

Can't find it anywhere.

interesting...

gotta check this out. thanks for the heads up.

can't find it anywhere :nerd:

I gotta check out the west memphis 3 also.

Last edited:
can't find it anywhere
nerd.gif

I gotta check out the west memphis 3 also.
West Memphis 3. Didn't know they made this 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
If I can get it in my room, i'll watch.

edit: currentlywatching

Last edited:
I saw it. It was a good watch. Pretty messed up what they had to go through. :smh:

I was only 6 years old when this was happening but I definitely remember how NYC was the crime capital. I would definitely recommend this documentary to anyone who's interested in seeing how NYC was back then in the early 90s.

Last edited:
have it recording on wed night....will watch it after i get in from school.....back to the clippers game

Back
Top Bottom