Champions League knockout stage draw

Thanks for the link.

Sort of an awkward ball for Anelka in the box, but he was wide open and surely could have put it away. More than a half chance there.
Also, Eto'o missed a pretty straight-forward chance to put Chelsea on the ropes with a header that should've been tucked away. Looked like he wasn't expecting the ball. 

No penalty?
smh.gif

It seems like Dana White booked this match...this is a brawl, not a football match
laugh.gif

Walter Samuel, Maicon and Motta have all saved Inter from conceding.

Eto'os touches today have been dreadful. He would've had some nice chances today if he controlled some passes a bit better. I can see Mourinho subbing out Pandev soon as he hasn't done anything at all.

If I were Ancelotti I wouldn't make any changes for atleast the first 15-20 mins. of the 2nd half. Chelsea are knocking on the door and its only a matter of time before they break through.

interesting point about stepping up the strictness on corners...defenders get away with way too much there but it's hard to give a penalty for such a half chance.

this game is slow and ugly so far. chelsea had a great spot in the last few minutes of the first half but thats been about it. hoping things open up in the second half.
tired.gif
 eto'o was so much better for barcelona. i never agreed with that trade. 

nerd.gif
 More Champions League drama for Drogba.
In all fairness, he was getting fouled (again) in the box... 

Chelsea was damn near tackled in the box on every set piece.
On field play chelsea was fouling Inter like they had no damn common sense.

Nonetheless Chelsea have no composure. You lost(once again) just walk off the field. Terry complaining to refs like a female. Just give it a rest. You dont deserve to win if you cant score at home. You ever had an away goal to take to the bridge. Tons of chances, none hit the net. Same thing couldve been said for Inter however they didnt need to score.

Whats gonna be interesting is a few key players will be missing for inter next game. Guys gonna have to step up

Eto'o was poor for 77 minutes but then sealed the victory. I think the problem with him is positioning. At Barca he'd normally get the ball in the final 3rd of the pitch (usually in the middle) and then go from there. With Inter he's expected to do much more and cant really play a central role because of Milito's presence.

Wesley Sneijder is a freakin' baller.

Chelsea are just not good enough in Europe. They've always lacked the creativity necessary in tight UCL matches to squeeze out wins. You look at the scores in all the times they've been eliminated in Europe and you see that they dont concede too many goals when they lose but the problem is they cant score at all. IMO, they've always had good strikers but no real creative influence in the middle. You have a guy like Lampard that plays in the AM role but doesnt make the team better and is pretty much only good at one thing (making late runs into the box and shooting on net). Year in and year out Chelsea are eliminated in the same fashion but some of their fans point the finger at the refs or their manager rather than at the personnel that they have. It's time to make some serious alterations to that team.

Inter are legit UCL contenders. This team is capable of beating anyone...including Barca.

Motta was surprisingly good today, but they have cover for him. Lucio is a big loss, we may see The Matrix in the first leg.
laugh.gif
Hopefully Stuttgart pull off the unthinkable and Inter draw them.

I think Florentino Perez saw what needed to see today; he knows what he has to do this summer. As much as I'd like to see Jose in Madrid, I think he's better off in the Prem with Citeh's funds. That would be a nightmare for everyone else. Ancelotti can't **** with dude. But for Chelsea, they need another year under him and need to bring in more of his players. It's always a different team when Essien is on the pitch, too. But the Anelka+Drogba partnership has been lacking; too many performances like today in big matches. Next season Aguero will replace Anelka he can still be great if he spells Drogba as the main target. 

Back
Top Bottom