Champions League knockout stage draw

LOL.

I'll need to ask NIMFH what the financial ramifications are for Madrid for getting knocked out of the European Cup... in the round of 16!

Fletcher! Its a rout in Manchester!

laugh.gif
Raul with the Mutombo finger wave

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Real falling apart.

Lyon had 2 complete breakaways and missed the net both times
smh.gif

Until Real learn to play D they wont win crap. Even Barcelona know this.

soccernet.com wrote:

Real Madrid's dreams of a Champions League final at their Bernabeu home were crushed by Lyon tonight as the Spanish giants were knocked out at the last-16 stage for the sixth successive season.
whether they've spent billions or not,they still suck in Europe...

United...
eek.gif

pimp.gif

smh.gif
me being blind and not seeing this thread until now.

Ronaldo is cool in my book, but Kaka is my man. Love running games with him in FIFA.

Should be 3-0 Real right now, but they are playing a good enough defense to put themselves into position to get the other needed goal without that much pressure.

ManU is on a warpath right now. Los putos blancos failed to make it to the quarter finals again? Thats turrilbe.

I'd just like to update you on the festivities here in Barcelona. The local sports paper's website actually collapsed for a few minutes after the match ended. There are people parading and lighting up fireworks. The right-wing media from Madrid is running amok with speculation about Pellegrini getting canned and speaking about how they're signing Ribéry and Navas, talking reckless to attempt to cover up the fact that their imperialist crap just went down the drain for the sixth straight year.

Real haters in here deep I see - it's all good though - Ronnie still found the net and we're still sitting pretty in La Liga...

...but here's a well deserved
pimp.gif
to Rooney and ManU.

I'm absolutely disgusted by Madrid smh. Only starters that came to play were Ronaldo, lass, and garay.

Pelligrini should be GONE after the season. Everyone in the stadium and myself watching from home can tell a sub was needed to bring energy/confidence in the team to stop Lyons momentum and dude waits til all hope is lost to bring in Raul. Higuain shoulda been taken out if the game at the 60-65 min mark.

SMH @ kaka playing like his name yet again, I haven't watched madrid as much as I have in previous years but there's no way he can be considered a top 10 player from what I've seen. SMH at higauins miss too.

Yes I'm mad. And I slightly hoped Lyon scored on that 1on1 cuz real deserved more embarassment for that disgusting second half and half the team should still be executed for losing to a third division team a few months ago.

posting from iPod so I can't edit but add to the last sentence that it was over 2 #$@@@@ legs. Idk how my tv doesn't have a crack in the middle of the screen with how real gets bounced in the rd of 16 every yr and how badly the knicks suck balls for the last decade

That .gif is an act of genius. Real Madrid deserves all the ridicule humanly possible for being eliminated after Sergio Ramos was on the front page of As with his "We'll win 3-0" BS, Pellegrini was puffing his chest out at the pregame press conference saying "We don't need an epic comeback, we'll definitely make it to the Round of 16" and Cristiano followed Ramos' lead with "We'll show Lyon who rules in Bernabeu".

Let this serve as a lesson that humility and hard work are what leads to championships, not arrogant spending and petulant attittudes.

We (Arsenal) played absolutely AMAZING yesterday. I hope we can keep up this form up through the rest of both campaigns...Go Gunners!

laugh.gif
 @ all the Real hate.

Originally Posted by bkmac

smh.gif
me being blind and not seeing this thread until now.

Ronaldo is cool in my book, but Kaka is my man. Love running games with him in FIFA.

Should be 3-0 Real right now, but they are playing a good enough defense to put themselves into position to get the other needed goal without that much pressure.
Son was watching the match on tape delay and had no idea Real were eliminated 2 hours earlier
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Damn, Rooney's still hungry. Cristiano Who? United are doing fine without Ronaldo.

Originally Posted by NIMFH

That .gif is an act of genius. Real Madrid deserves all the ridicule humanly possible for being eliminated after Sergio Ramos was on the front page of As with his "We'll win 3-0" BS, Pellegrini was puffing his chest out at the pregame press conference saying "We don't need an epic comeback, we'll definitely make it to the Round of 16" and Cristiano followed Ramos' lead with "We'll show Lyon who rules in Bernabeu".

Let this serve as a lesson that humility and hard work are what leads to championships, not arrogant spending and petulant attittudes.
Uh, they should've put the wraps on the match in the first half. They were all right in their predictions. They missed easy chances, that's all there is to it. It wasn't their "D" (who says D to describe football?) or Ronaldo's tricks or the boatload of money they spent. Lyon were very stingy for two legs and in the Champions League that kind of effort is enough to get past any side. Other than the Chelsea-Inter draw, Lyon were the most difficult to face. Give them credit, this wasn't Alcorcon. Everyone already knew RM were not a complete football team. As was seen in this match with Higuian's selfish play, they still have a lot of work to do in terms of getting familiar with each other. They were also without Alonso and Marcelo, two fixtures in their starting XI this season. Marcelo in particular has been dynamite at winger this season and been the glue in the attacking third, he has linked up well Ronaldo and Kaka. Granero was non-influential today. Guti faded in the 2nd half after providing the ball for Ronaldo's goal and also igniting the RM attack vs Sevilla. How many games has he started? Despite all of this, RM still sit a top La Liga and I really like their chances of finishing that way with Barca still having to go to the Bernabeu, not to mention tough fixtures in the final month. It's disappointing not progressing further in the CL, but you have to be realistic in this competition. You're not going to just pour in 3-5 goals every match and with RM they play their way or the highway. They can still win the league and that should be a positive going forward.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Originally Posted by NIMFH

Uh, they should've put the wraps on the match in the first half. They were all right in their predictions. They missed easy chances, that's all there is to it. It wasn't their "D" (who says D to describe football?) or Ronaldo's tricks or the boatload of money they spent. Lyon were very stingy for two legs and in the Champions League that kind of effort is enough to get past any side. Other than the Chelsea-Inter draw, Lyon were the most difficult to face. Give them credit, this wasn't Alcorcon. Everyone already knew RM were not a complete football team. As was seen in this match with Higuian's selfish play, they still have a lot of work to do in terms of getting familiar with each other. They were also without Alonso and Marcelo, two fixtures in their starting XI this season. Marcelo in particular has been dynamite at winger this season and been the glue in the attacking third, he has linked up well Ronaldo and Kaka. Granero was non-influential today. Guti faded in the 2nd half after providing the ball for Ronaldo's goal and also igniting the RM attack vs Sevilla. How many games has he started? Despite all of this, RM still sit a top La Liga and I really like their chances of finishing that way with Barca still having to go to the Bernabeu, not to mention tough fixtures in the final month. It's disappointing not progressing further in the CL, but you have to be realistic in this competition. You're not going to just pour in 3-5 goals every match and with RM they play their way or the highway. They can still win the league and that should be a positive going forward.

you_mad_5.jpg

Shut up with your lame a.ss excuses. Your team spent 200+ million Euros on players and couldn't even get out of the round-of-16. Give me a break with your lame crap about Xabi and Marcelo being hurt...the fact is every single team must overcome injuries during the season if they want to succeed. Barcelona managed to win the UCL last season despite missing atleast 2 starters against Chelsea and Man Utd. Stop talking up this Lyon team, you know damn well that Real are better on paper but they choked as usual. This is the same Lyon team that Barcelona scored 6-goals on last season in the same competition and yet this sorry group could only score once in 180 minutes.

You lament missed chances and yet you forget that Lyon dominated the 1st leg and missed a bunch of chances of their own early in the 2nd half today.

Real can have La Liga if they want but the fact is, it's nothing more than a consolation prize for them this season. There is nothing more in the world Real wanted this season than to hoist the UCL trophy inside their own stadium.

P.S. Real's 'D' sucks and the idiots who think they can just buy trophies can go choke on a 'D'

I'm watching the replay and I'll be damned. I'm kinda laughing on the inside though at Real's underwhelming showing in both Champions League and La Liga season. I wished they could've continued just to see the team play, but happy their fans' hopes and expectations are pretty much killed in this year's tournament.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I just watched the tape delay (avoided scorelines all day)...oh lord, this is beautiful.
Sorry #+$ Madrid choking once again...What's more embarrassing: being eliminated by Lyon or by a 2nd division team in copa del rey?
laugh.gif

Lyon is a solid team, but they were there for the taking in the first half....Let's be real here...you supposedly signed their best player in Benzema and this still wasnt enough to beat them.
Higuian is that dude, but this is when you need someone with that killer instinct like Ruud has, someone who does not forgive an opponent's error.

Positive going forward? Madrid is more than capable to win la liga this year, but they better hope the season is not on the line when they play Barca

Back
Top Bottom