Champions League knockout stage draw

Bayern with two pretty straightforward goal chances, missed both.

Lloris looking shaky on two crosses and a clearance.

Bayern cutting Lyon open right now.

eek.gif
Ribbery red. He looked frustrated with the Lyon defenders before that challenge.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

Wowzers. Gotta give it up to Rosetti, best in the business.
Yep, a fantastic and gutsy decision given the setting. Ribbery could've/might've crushed Lisandro's ankle. 

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

And Carlos Tevez...Balotelli was verbally abused by the Juventus fans when they were playing them away by people yelling at him calling him N and saying things to him that he'll never be a true italian, so yes, there is definitely a race factor.
The issue is if Inter fans booed him because of his race...we're not discussing whether or not some Italian fans are racist.

The quality in this Bayern/Lyon match isn't as good as it was in yesterday's match. The match has been chippy and sloppy...despite having an extra man, Lyon do not look threatening going forward at all. They may have to bring on another striker.

Anyone know why Gomez is on the bench? They spent all this money on him but 20-year-olds are relegating him to the bench.

Not sure about that decision on Toulalan. The first was absolutely a yellow, but the second looked like a 50/50 ball. If anything Bastian sold it really well and got him thrown out.

Well, I guess that's part of the reason Gomes doesn't play. Robben puts it on an absolute platter and Gomes barely puts a head on it.

Bayern have flubbed 4 or 5 solid goal chances.

AND ROBBEN SCORES!

Lloris got caught by the deflection there, but may have been beat anyway.

It was a pretty good game to watch even though there was only 1 goal and it was another rocket by Robben. Riberys red was definitely a red card, horrible challange, I thought Lisandro was going to be the victim of an Eduardo break for a second. The ref definitely did a great job today, all cards handed out were correct and all fouls as well. The 1-0 lead is pretty slim going back to France, Lyon do serious business at home...we should see 2 great 2nd legs next week, I personally cannot wait to see this. I think Lyon will overcome them at home and it'll be Lyon vs Inter final.

I'm watching the game now and I'm going to have to disagree about the red....It was high, but there wasn't any malicious intent there. Frank was looking to make a through ball, the ball got away from him and he went to retrieve it, a little brash at that.

Yellow in my books....Lisandro usually has a target on him by other teams because of the enthusiasm he injects in Lyon so I'm gonna say the ref was told that if anything was on Lisandro then it MUST be ill-thought of.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Excellent Victory!

I think the Red was deserved, most of the Bayern players also agreed with the refs decision. The fact is that it could have been really bad with more force from Riberys foot. It was definitely dangerous play which he was rightly sent off for.

Either way, we still pulled it out - while Ribery is a loss, his performances have been subpar recently so the loss is not as great. Bayern play great away so I expect we will pull this out next week, even if it means battling back from 2 goals down again.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Balotelli to AC Milan. You heard it here first.

Mario-Balotelli-in-ac-milan-top1.jpg

laugh.gif

Balotelli and Pato coming on either side of Boreillo and Ronaldinho would be something.

Umm no...it's been known he is a Milan follower, heard it way before you said it...the kid grew up watching Milan and has already expressed his desire to play for them. That is why the fans hate him from Inter, Italian fans like said above hate him because he is a black italian. They say he is not truely italian and he should never wear the Italy shirt. 
laugh.gif
i didnt think i was breaking a big story. all of that is common knowledge. 

Bayern vs Inter final it looks like, huh?

I have my doubts that Barcelona will score the necessary minimum two goals to tie it up and keep Inter to no goals tomorrow

This match is over...Bayern kind of got lucky making the finals. They only ran into one elite opponent (Man Utd) and advanced to the finals despite being poor defensively in the KO-stage.

Anyways, its good to see a new team in the finals. At least they are an entertaining team to watch on both sides of the pitch
laugh.gif

I think its highly unlikely Barca win by 2+ tomorrow. I dont think Mourinho will park the bus but instead Inter will play a cautious counter-heavy match that should give them some chances to ice this tie. However, if Sneijder misses out then I think Mourinho may be forced to dramatically alter Inter's strategy. Sneijder has been the reason Inter's counter-attack has been so successful this season...you take him out of Inter's line-up and its like taking away Inter's battery.

And thats a wrap.

Yeah, I don't know how Barca will score 2+ tomorrow... hope its not gonna be 90 mins of keep-ball by Inter.

Seems that Sneijder is fit for tomorrow. Has trained for two days now.

Nothing is out of the question for this Barca squad, even against Inter and Mourinho. I wouldn't be shocked if they scored 2 in the first 15 minutes.

Sneijder is fit. Probably just some Mourinho mind games.

Anyways, I hope Mou has his tactics right today.

Sick as hell too so if Inter lose put me on suicide watch
laugh.gif

Looking forward to Barcelona getting knocked out today....cue Barca players getting on like they got shot after getting tackled.

Barca got some serious help in last years semi's @ the Bridge from that horrendous referee; it's time for them to exit stage left.

COME ON INTER!!

Back
Top Bottom