Chappelle's Show is 10 years old...

Wow I was 11, seems unreal. But hulu has all the seasons and I have the few episodes of the third season on dvd. Great times watching this.

It's amazing how good this show was. Chappelle really was a genius. The comedic timing, cleverness, how well thought out the entire setup of a sketch often was...

Think about the difference in quality with shows of similar formats. Maybe two or three skits from the last 3 SNL seasons could be considered near the level of quality.

Comepletely agree with all of that (though SNL has gone through light years between skits actually being funny since 2000). Chappelle Show & Arrested Development are probably the most well written comedies to ever come out. All the shows that have tried to follow the same format are either complete busts, or just not nearly as funny as the writers think (Chocolate News, Carlos Mencia, Key & Peele, Sarah Silverman Show, etc)

Ohh too many to choose from but for me the one that got me hooked was Clayton Bigbsy. I was dying when they ask him to take his hood off and the guy's head explodes and then the recap stating he divorced his wife because she was married to a black guy. Too Much!!!

Honorable Mentions

Dylan in the studio with Wyclef "You gettin to close to me man"

Redman Toilet Cleaner

"I grew up in the burbs man" -whitewashed black cop singing Every Rose Has it's thorn

"Back then, we was the darkest ****** on the planet...this was before Wesley Snipes"

The casual delivery of that line caught me off guard...I pissed my pants, not even gonna front.

Comepletely agree with all of that (though SNL has gone through light years between skits actually being funny since 2000). Chappelle Show & Arrested Development are probably the most well written comedies to ever come out. All the shows that have tried to follow the same format are either complete busts, or just not nearly as funny as the writers think (Chocolate News, Carlos Mencia, Key & Peele, Sarah Silverman Show, etc)

Just the concepts of the "Racial Draft" or "Clayton Bigsby" sketches were genius and light years ahead of any setups those others have thought of. Then the writing and jokes that filled those sketches and brought the concepts to life were light years ahead too.

It boggles my mind

Cannot believe its already been a decade, I still remember being a 16 year old junior watching the premiere episode and being completely blown away. The Clayton Bigsby sketch was one of the funniest, smartest, and bravest things I ever saw on television.

idk who i would be with out this show. Lol

sooooooooooooooo many jokes and sooooooooo many hours stoned just sitting in front of the tv watching the dvd. i know so many episodes by memory lol

best comedy show EVER

none even come close

I never watched a single episode of the chapelle show

I might start

Wow! That is crazy and I don't mean that in a rude way.

I remember me and my dad would watch every new episode together :D then go to school and talk about the episode at lunch with my friends. That was back in junior high. It's hard to believe that that much time has went by.

me and my dad used to watch every new episode together when i was 14. that was our favorite **** ever is watching this show. had a falling out with him now i don't watch the show.

man...i was a freshman in college when the show started. i had the DVDs, everyone in the dorm watched. nonstop quotes

and i read the grantland article, and vehemently disagreed with the elimination of Mad Real World. that one was a classic and was by far 19583944x better than Making the Band.

"america wanna see us live, not work. look at me america, look how tron is livin, in the ci-taaay" :lol: :lol: :lol:

also i went to UCR so best believe wayne brady and "riverside mf" was quoted for days :lol:

I stab a brother in the neck wit a butter knife for fisticuffs.

Just cause

It ain't goin platinum it's goin double uranium son! We poppin bottles stabbing people killin people

Ayo fisticuffs if you need some new artistis we down. We drinkin malt we bangin chicks wit no rubbers. We keep it gangsta!

FISTICUFFS! JU HEARDDD! WHAT? JU HEARD? WHAT? WHATTT?

got japan sending playstation 2s..stankonia dropping bombs over bagdad...

'granny nooooo'

why dont you purify yourselves in the waters of lake  minnetonka ....      pancakes,,,,, *******??    

quotes for days man....makes me miss high school

- check out that squirrel skin coat...... get that thing some peanuts......... HOW MANY SQUIRRELS MUST DIE, for you to look fly...     
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom