Characters at the barbershop

Originally Posted by ksteezy

All my years dealing with barbershops, all I have to say is
Dominican barbers >>>>>>>>> all...

Shout out to my bros on 233rd and White Plains rd

Dudes at the old barbershop on tremont...btw homie with the beanie is the one that claims driving in reverse down the cross bronx at 65mph
roll.gif

3047613460_7b36128bd8_o.jpg
Dude w. the Henny looks like a dominican Juwan Howard
laugh.gif

When I was at St. John's there used to be a barbershop across the street from the school (headquarters, anyone? 
laugh.gif
) the worst barber in that joint was a dude named Mouse.  Dude could have been Beanie Sigel's body double....if you looked up the word "unsanitary" in Webster's, you'd probably see his mug.  Dude smelled like a bag of stale funyuns.  If he was cutting ur hair and got the munchies, he'd leave your %@! in the chair while he left and took a 45 minute lunch/snack break.  No joke....the last straw w. the dude was one day he was eating powdered donuts while cutting my boy's hair.  Dude had sugar all over his mitts, licked his fingers and then put his hand back on my boy's head to finish the cut
sick.gif
Straight nasty....his chair was empty 95% of the time we went in there for cuts...and that was for good reason.  "Yo son...u need a cut?...Nah, I'm good" 

*Cuttys on Parsons was where it was at
pimp.gif

**If u going to a dominican/PR/columbian barber shop...if that joint says they open at 10am, in reality it's noon.  Dudes need time to sober up after either watching boxing the night before or from hitting the salsa

Dominican Barbershop

- Loud Dominican barber
-Barber with all types of Ed Hardy, fake True Religion jeans, and chains looking like he just came from Bamboo Night Club
-The OG dominican barber who tries to get down with the younger ones
-Barber who hollers at any female that walks in whether they are grenade or not
-The dude or lady that walks in selling Pastelitos and Juices for the entire place, and makes a killing lol
-Hustler selling DVD's unreleased dominican movies and batteries
- The one guys left to clean the floor every 1/2 hour lol

Dominican Barbershop

- Loud Dominican barber
-Barber with all types of Ed Hardy, fake True Religion jeans, and chains looking like he just came from Bamboo Night Club
-The dude or lady that walks in selling Pastelitos and Juices for the entire place, and makes a killing lol

This thread make me wish I didn't cut my own hair.

When I was at St. John's there used to be a barbershop across the street from the school (headquarters, anyone? 
laugh.gif
)
I've never been there, but I've heard how terrible it is inside
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
)
laugh.gif

I go to the haircut and get exactly that and leave...I don't see people hanging around at all. People come in with the scheduled appointment get your haircut, pay and then leave. Maybe this is b/c I am white LOL

I go to the haircut and get exactly that and leave...I don't see people hanging around at all. People come in with the scheduled appointment get your haircut, pay and then leave. Maybe this is b/c I am white LOL

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

Dominican Barbershop

- Loud Dominican barber
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is so true with dominican barbershops. 
laugh.gif

Dominican Barbershop

- Loud Dominican barber
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is so true with dominican barbershops. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

laugh.gif
)
laugh.gif

I think it might be gone....

*Can't be a barbershop in NYC w/o some sort of tropical fish or exotic pets walking/flying around....

laugh.gif
)
laugh.gif

I think it might be gone....

*Can't be a barbershop in NYC w/o some sort of tropical fish or exotic pets walking/flying around....

Dominican Barbershop

- Loud Dominican barber
Bamboo
pimp.gif

Even tho someone got murdered there 2 weeks ago
30t6p3b.gif

Dominican Barbershop

- Loud Dominican barber
Bamboo
pimp.gif

Even tho someone got murdered there 2 weeks ago
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
)
laugh.gif

Went there once in like 2000 or 01 when I lived in the area, cut was eh.... there were a few good spots on Parsons back then I used to go to....

laugh.gif
)
laugh.gif

Went there once in like 2000 or 01 when I lived in the area, cut was eh.... there were a few good spots on Parsons back then I used to go to....

this may only apply to certain areas of NYC but the 40 year old in Timbs and a Yankee fitted who gets no customers and spends the entire day rapping while lining himself up in the mirror.

this may only apply to certain areas of NYC but the 40 year old in Timbs and a Yankee fitted who gets no customers and spends the entire day rapping while lining himself up in the mirror.

My shop has mad knockoff crap in the back.

Cats go back there and walk out super happy
laugh.gif

Dominican shop in Alaska btw. Only good place I could find here

My shop has mad knockoff crap in the back.

Cats go back there and walk out super happy
laugh.gif

Dominican shop in Alaska btw. Only good place I could find here

Everything I read in here rings true lol.

Craziest for me, was growing up my cuzin cut my hair and the shop he worked at Onyx, in New Bruns. NJ, was so big, It had like 40 chairs, and they'd all be fully. Also had like a clothing store in it, and a food spot. Was just crazy.

However the craziest character I've ever seen in a barbershop, was this dude that used to come around this other place i went to when my cuz was locked up. Dude was old and dark always had a Kangol on, and had to perfectuly triangular/pyramind puffs of hair coming out the back of the hat. I never saw dude without the hat on to know if was bald with this afro puffs in the back or what. But this guy would stand and tell stories for hours about nothing. Wild. wish I had a camera phone back then.

Everything I read in here rings true lol.

Craziest for me, was growing up my cuzin cut my hair and the shop he worked at Onyx, in New Bruns. NJ, was so big, It had like 40 chairs, and they'd all be fully. Also had like a clothing store in it, and a food spot. Was just crazy.

However the craziest character I've ever seen in a barbershop, was this dude that used to come around this other place i went to when my cuz was locked up. Dude was old and dark always had a Kangol on, and had to perfectuly triangular/pyramind puffs of hair coming out the back of the hat. I never saw dude without the hat on to know if was bald with this afro puffs in the back or what. But this guy would stand and tell stories for hours about nothing. Wild. wish I had a camera phone back then.

1. The dude that comes in the barbershop everyday and swears he knows everything from politics to sports smh.
2. Also the hairdresser all the way in the back that got the muffin.
pimp.gif

1. The dude that comes in the barbershop everyday and swears he knows everything from politics to sports smh.
2. Also the hairdresser all the way in the back that got the muffin.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom