Charles Woodson won AP Defensive player of the year

Chuck is my favorite CB of all time. Well deserved.

And I agree with zube. If Revis would have gotten it this year, I would have been pissed because Nhamdi had a waaaaay better season last year then Revis hadthis year. Teams dont even throw to the side of the field Nhamdi is on. Hell, they didnt even do it this year or the previous 2-3 seasons. Nhamdi is still thebest %*$*#+@.

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

Originally Posted by TheRealMcCoy12

Nnamdi last year > Revis this year...

award to chuck...justified...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Just because Nnamdi didn't get numbers doesn't mean he didn't have a better season than Revis did this year. Go check and see how many teams actually tried throwing against him that would give him an opportunity to rack up tackles/picks(which he doesn't even try to pick the ball most the time he just makes sure his WR doesn't catch it). He had QBs/WRs/Head Coaches shook.

Teams were too busy throwing it to their other recievers being "defended" by that trash defense nnamdi is average

him and his defense looked real good the other night LMAO ... and dont tell me he played well he got burnt and turned around on the regular by az ... revis> woodson and its not even close ...

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

And I agree with zube. If Revis would have gotten it this year, I would have been pissed because Nhamdi had a waaaaay better season last year then Revis had this year. Teams dont even throw to the side of the field Nhamdi is on. Hell, they didnt even do it this year or the previous 2-3 seasons. Nhamdi is still the best %*$*#+@.
Can you explain this to me please?? I'm really not trying to talk trash but I need somebody to explain this reasoning with facts or numbersor something. Please.

SMH at all the AP voters and Woodson stans looking at just the numbers and thinking that he deserved it.

Our defense would be good without Revis, but there's no way we'd be #1 in passing defense without him.

Originally Posted by emkay

Our defense would be good without Revis, but there's no way we'd be #1 in passing defense without him.
and you think the pack D wud be good without woodson

and marley...it means nothing since yall still in and we out but dont you remember woodson shutting your offense down...just sayin

Originally Posted by OctobersFinest

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

And I agree with zube. If Revis would have gotten it this year, I would have been pissed because Nhamdi had a waaaaay better season last year then Revis had this year. Teams dont even throw to the side of the field Nhamdi is on. Hell, they didnt even do it this year or the previous 2-3 seasons. Nhamdi is still the best %*$*#+@.
Can you explain this to me please?? I'm really not trying to talk trash but I need somebody to explain this reasoning with facts or numbers or something. Please.
Asomugha was THROWN AT 27 times in 2008...allowing only 8 completions...Revis allowed 46 completions in 2009...easy enough to understand?

See below...

ASOMUGHA 2008:
Opposing quarterbacks tested Asomugha only 27 times with 8 completions allowed the entire season.

REVIS 2009:

[table][tr][td]Statistics that Revis allowed in 2009.[/td] [/tr][tr][th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Team[/th] [th=""]Receptions[/th] [th=""]Yards[/th] [th=""]TD[/th] [th=""]INT[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Andre Johnson[sup]b[/sup][/td] [td]Houston Texans[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Randy Moss[sup]b[/sup][/td] [td]New England Patriots[sup]c[/sup][/td] [td]4[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Justin Gage[/td] [td]Tennessee Titans[sup]c[/sup][/td] [td]4[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marques Colston[/td] [td]New Orleans Saints[sup]c[/sup][/td] [td]2[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ted Ginn[/td] [td]Miami Dolphins[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]57[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Terrell Owens[sup]b[/sup][/td] [td]Buffalo Bills[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Louis Murphy[/td] [td]Oakland Raiders[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Davone Bess[/td] [td]Miami Dolphins[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mike Sims-Walker[/td] [td]Jacksonville Jaguars[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Randy Moss[sup]a[/sup][sup]b[/sup][/td] [td]New England Patriots[sup]c[/sup][/td] [td]5[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Steve Smith[sup]b[/sup][/td] [td]Carolina Panthers[sup]c[/sup][/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Terrell Owens[sup]a[/sup][sup]b[/sup][/td] [td]Buffalo Bills[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Antonio Bryant[/td] [td]Tampa Bay Buccaneers[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Roddy White[sup]b[/sup][/td] [td]Atlanta Falcons[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Reggie Wayne[sup]b[/sup] (removed during third quarter)[/td] [td]Indianapolis Colts[sup]c[/sup][/td] [td]3[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chad Ochocinco[sup]b[/sup][/td] [td]Cincinnati Bengals[sup]c[/sup][/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table]

Ok I see your point. And without any sarcasm, here are my points:

The Raiders were ranked 5th last at pass attempts per team in 2008 (second to last in 2007) at 471.
I believe that had a major factor in the saying that nobody will test Asomugha. It's probably because they were 2nd to last at stopping the run that year(2008) so teams didn't have to pass on them at all.

Also in that season, they only had leads of 7 and half points or more in 4 of their 17 contests.
This point is to say that their opponents were rarely in a position where they were forced to pass against them to come back.

I'm not saying the guy isn't good. I'm saying I know nothing about him from his stats that show this except for the fact that nobody throwstowards his receiver. I don't think that bringing up a point that teams are "scared" of him is a great point at all. Revis was tested and camethrough every game against top tier receivers. He was also in on many more tackles.

I think Revis is better because he was constantly tested by, IMO of course, a better group of WRs than Asomugha was in 08. Which is also why I thinkRevis' career has been better than Aso's has as well. I don't think saying he had a better year than Revis is justified just because he wasn'tthrown to.

I don't know if these numbers are wrong, but they're different from yours:
Asomugha's Stats

[h4]NOT EVEN CLOSE[/h4]
1442.jpg
Charles Woodson, in voting by a national panel of 50 sportswriters and broadcasters, is only the second Green Bay Packer to win in the 36-year history of the award.
[table][tr][th=""]Player[/th] [th=""]Votes[/th] [/tr][tr][td]Charles Woodson, CB, Packers[/td] [td]28[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets[/td] [td]14[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Elvis Dumervil, LB, Broncos[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Darren Sharper, S, Saints[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jared Allen, DE, Vikings[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I mean, I think it could have gone either way...
But, really?

smh.gif

EDIT: Where is that silly, silly person who bet his life that Jared Allen would win this?
nerd.gif

Stats Inc. records what it calls "burns," the number of times a defender allows a reception to the man he's covering. Stats Inc. then divides that by the number of times the defender is targeted to compute a "burn percentage," a stat in which Revis led the NFL.

Revis: 40 receptions on 108 targets (37.0 percent) for 439 yards and two touchdowns.

Woodson: 40 receptions on 84 targets (47.6 percent) for 560 yards and six touchdowns.

grin.gif

grin.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by houser34

Stats Inc. records what it calls "burns," the number of times a defender allows a reception to the man he's covering. Stats Inc. then divides that by the number of times the defender is targeted to compute a "burn percentage," a stat in which Revis led the NFL.

Revis: 40 receptions on 108 targets (37.0 percent) for 439 yards and two touchdowns.

Woodson: 40 receptions on 84 targets (47.6 percent) for 560 yards and six touchdowns.
grin.gif

Whats that 5.6 yard more per game?
also i have a question. How many plays were each defense on the field for?

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

After watching the AZ game he should give it back.

No votes for Ware???? really
he was the only reason we had a chance to win. only one that felt like playing defense

Back
Top Bottom