CHEAP friends in college UNAPPRECIATION

How much money do you need in college? think about it, besides the 2 times a yr when you actually need a few hundred bucks (for books) and a cell phone bill,you don't pay rent, electric, water (if you live in the dorms; I don't understand why you wouldn't want to live in the dorm either). You have ameal plan, and there's too much free stuff sponsored by the school to do. On the weekends, house/frat/dorm parties. you might have to drop 20 bucks on somealcohol.

Originally Posted by KushIsMyCologne

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

I'd rather buy a new pair of J's and have something to show for my money than go out to dinner a few times
so you'll be copin jordans but you never wear them out anywhere except to the bus stop??

tired.gif
Kinda. I'll rock new Jordans to class and stuff, but I'm not gonna wear 'em out to the bar and get stomped on.
laugh.gif
just playing...

But I know what you're saying and my thing is moderation. I like going out to the bar on weekends with my friends, but I don't need to go outTuesday-Saturday when everyone goes out. Maybe 2 nights a week or so? I guess I just grew up a lot since I first started school. Now if my bar tab is $50 orso, all I wake up with is the memory of a good night and a hangover. And I'd rather put that money toward something useful.

I like to treat my girlfriend to dinner, movies, etc. But not every week. Not only is it expensive, but it loses meaning after a while. I'd rather buy hera gift she'll use, or buy something nice for myself if I'm gonna spend the money

Originally Posted by Chicityk7

Originally Posted by raptors29

That's why I don't go out with anyone anymore. "Man, I know you got money, you just bought another pair of J's"
indifferent.gif

makes no sence bro if he jus bought J's he out at least $150 if not more.......

No, I'm saying that's what they say to me.

Originally Posted by richiecotite

How much money do you need in college? think about it, besides the 2 times a yr when you actually need a few hundred bucks (for books) and a cell phone bill, you don't pay rent, electric, water (if you live in the dorms; I don't understand why you wouldn't want to live in the dorm either). You have a meal plan, and there's too much free stuff sponsored by the school to do. On the weekends, house/frat/dorm parties. you might have to drop 20 bucks on some alcohol.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
I wanna go to YOUR school!

My freshman year my dorm was $600/month and $1000 per semester for a meal plan. Senior year, my apartment is $455/month and utilities are around $70 (to splitbetween my gf and myself) And you're probably under 21 because once you and your friends hit that age EVERYONE will wanna go to the bar

Originally Posted by Tinchy Stryder

Sounds like they really need to step their game up...

I get like 500 dollars every 2 weeks for allowance, if that matters...

Ducktales or Spoiled as helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.

And what you are doing is not stepping your game up. Allowance means your folks give you money.

Yet you complain about your dad taking your external hd with all the videos on it. Then talk about snooping through his office to get it back. You better livewithout that if you getting 500 for allowance every 2 weeks.

How much money do you need in college? think about it, besides the 2 times a yr when you actually need a few hundred bucks (for books) and a cell phone bill, you don't pay rent, electric, water (if you live in the dorms; I don't understand why you wouldn't want to live in the dorm either). You have a meal plan, and there's too much free stuff sponsored by the school to do. On the weekends, house/frat/dorm parties. you might have to drop 20 bucks on some alcohol.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My freshman year my dorm was $600/month and $1000 per semester for a meal plan. Senior year, my apartment is $455/month and utilities are around $70 (to split between my gf and myself) And you're probably under 21 because once you and your friends hit that age EVERYONE will wanna go to the bar
lol, the infamous college bars.

they usually cheap too.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

People have different priorities. Sometimes eatting out or going to a club arent one of them.
That's understood but if you have these priorities you can't go out to eat or party knowing you don't have money and expect someone to spot you. My former roommate was guilty of doing this. He left the university owing people hundreds of dollars in borrowed money because he balled on a budget.

I'd rather buy a new pair of J's and have something to show for my money than go out to dinner a few times
This.

I completely understand where you comin from. I hate people who go out with you knowin they dont have no money and knowing before hand they gonnaask you to spot them some dough. I have been blessed with being able to have enough money to go out and do what I want. And I too would much rather have a newpair of Js or a nice car than go out every weekend to a bar and pay for overpriced liquor. If people want to go out and pay 10 dollars for a cup of cranberryjuice with a splash of liquor then be my guest. Ill be at the crib wit my peoples and a shorty with every1 gettin done off a couple bottles of Goose.

All im sayin is some people dont see going out to a bar as the end all be all as far as having a good time goes. And when it all boils down to it I see the baras a waste. You do the same !+!! as at the house (drink, watch the game, %+$%!%!# with your boys) you just spend like 10X the amount you would at the crib,then you gotta drive home and risk gettin DUIs. Dont get me wrong me and my people go out to the bar every once in a while but every weekend is a waste.

Originally Posted by II Jovo II

I graduated college a few months ago, so when i come back home its not to bad. And trust me, there were a few times i had to spot my boys for food, or drinks, and i have NEVER asked for money in return.
And that's probably why they're opposed to the idea of going out knowing they don't have money. If they were really *%@%@% up theycould just go out with you anyway knowing you'd pay and never ask for the money back.

Originally Posted by Tinchy Stryder

Sounds like they really need to step their game up...

I get like 500 dollars every 2 weeks for allowance, if that matters...
get out, grown men are talking

im da same way.

i value material possession over activities.

Also if one of my boys is low on cash and I just dont feel like goin to grab something by myself ill just tell them I got them. I mean we not goin out to RuthChris's or nothin like that, but if I gotta pay for a slice of Pizza for my boy just so im not goin alone (NH) then thats not a problem.

OP just sounds a little selfish and comes off as not knowing what its like to have to budget his money sometimes (No Offense)

laugh.gif
How are they cheap? They just don't have money man.
I'm in college, and I'd rather make a chip and fruity pebble sandwich then drop 30 on one meal.

People have different priorities. Sometimes eatting out or going to a club arent one of them.
That's understood but if you have these priorities you can't go out to eat or party knowing you don't have money and expect someone to spot you. My former roommate was guilty of doing this. He left the university owing people hundreds of dollars in borrowed money because he balled on a budget.

This.
I completely understand where you comin from. I hate people who go out with you knowin they dont have no money and knowing before hand they gonna ask you to spot them some dough. I have been blessed with being able to have enough money to go out and do what I want. And I too would much rather have a new pair of Js or a nice car than go out every weekend to a bar and pay for overpriced liquor. If people want to go out and pay 10 dollars for a cup of cranberry juice with a splash of liquor then be my guest. Ill be at the crib wit my peoples and a shorty with every1 gettin done off a couple bottles of Goose.

All im sayin is some people dont see going out to a bar as the end all be all as far as having a good time goes. And when it all boils down to it I see the bar as a waste. You do the same !+!! as at the house (drink, watch the game, %+$%!%!# with your boys) you just spend like 10X the amount you would at the crib, then you gotta drive home and risk gettin DUIs. Dont get me wrong me and my people go out to the bar every once in a while but every weekend is a waste.

preach.jpg

OP just sounds a little selfish and comes off as not knowing what its like to have to budget his money sometimes (No Offense)
My budget is $20 a week which is very possible. I also work so if I go over I know that I have money coming in so I don't fret as much.

I'm in college, and I'd rather make a chip and fruity pebble sandwich then drop 30 on one meal.
sick.gif
The dining hall is always hiring. Get some real food inyour stomach
laugh.gif
And you're probably under 21 because once you and your friends hit that age EVERYONE will wanna go to the bar
From what I read he definitely sounds under 21. The bars will be packed from Wednesday to Saturday. Sometimes its not even worth the hassle ofgetting in.

LOL Why do you have to do either one?

Why not save the $

Originally Posted by KushIsMyCologne

so you'll be copin jordans but you never wear them out anywhere except to the bus stop??

tired.gif
Kinda. I'll rock new Jordans to class and stuff, but I'm not gonna wear 'em out to the bar and get stomped on.
laugh.gif
just playing...

But I know what you're saying and my thing is moderation. I like going out to the bar on weekends with my friends, but I don't need to go out Tuesday-Saturday when everyone goes out. Maybe 2 nights a week or so? I guess I just grew up a lot since I first started school. Now if my bar tab is $50 or so, all I wake up with is the memory of a good night and a hangover. And I'd rather put that money toward something useful.

I like to treat my girlfriend to dinner, movies, etc. But not every week. Not only is it expensive, but it loses meaning after a while. I'd rather buy her a gift she'll use, or buy something nice for myself if I'm gonna spend the money

Tru, I feel u no brokeback, but trust me it's a great feeling getting drunk and partying and being fly all at the same time.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

It's not about being cheap it's about not having enough money.

Basically, I aint sayin you are but you do sound like a rich white kid (no racism)

Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

Originally Posted by cocolicious

It's not about being cheap it's about not having enough money.

Basically, I aint sayin you are but you do sound like a rich white kid (no racism)
How is that rich white kid talk? I'm not rich, and I'm not white. I had no money in college because it was expensive so I had to befrugal.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

My freshman year my dorm was $600/month and $1000 per semester for a meal plan. Senior year, my apartment is $455/month and utilities are around $70 (to split between my gf and myself) And you're probably under 21 because once you and your friends hit that age EVERYONE will wanna go to the bar

Nah brosef, I graduated college in 2005. I can feel you on the apt thing, depending on where you are, it might be cheaper to go that route (I was an RA my last2 yrs, free room and board), and $1000 for 350 meals (avg per semester), all you can eat, is crushing buying groceries/eating out. The school I went to thefirst 2 years of college, everyone went to frat parties, cuz the bars were pretty wack, most weekends there was a band/dj at some house, and free beer. Iremember for greek week my first year of college, we bought a quarter of dirt, 3 cases of natty light, and a handle of cheap vodka (bowman's). but we allhad a %%%+%#+! of fun, stayed inebriated, and everyone got some.

Being cheap in college is one thing but being cheap as a grown #+* 30 year old that cakes in more moo-lah then me is another thing. I have a friend that wasgetting paid about $30 an hour at his job and he never picked up any tabs for me at the bar and I am struggling as is and I would at least buy him a couple ofbeers.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Nah brosef, I graduated college in 2005. I can feel you on the apt thing, depending on where you are, it might be cheaper to go that route (I was an RA my last 2 yrs, free room and board), and $1000 for 350 meals (avg per semester), all you can eat, is crushing buying groceries/eating out. The school I went to the first 2 years of college, everyone went to frat parties, cuz the bars were pretty wack, most weekends there was a band/dj at some house, and free beer. I remember for greek week my first year of college, we bought a quarter of dirt, 3 cases of natty light, and a handle of cheap vodka (bowman's). but we all had a %%%+%#+! of fun, stayed inebriated, and everyone got some.
eek.gif
That's unpossible.

This.
I completely understand where you comin from. I hate people who go out with you knowin they dont have no money and knowing before hand they gonna ask you to spot them some dough. I have been blessed with being able to have enough money to go out and do what I want. And I too would much rather have a new pair of Js or a nice car than go out every weekend to a bar and pay for overpriced liquor. If people want to go out and pay 10 dollars for a cup of cranberry juice with a splash of liquor then be my guest. Ill be at the crib wit my peoples and a shorty with every1 gettin done off a couple bottles of Goose.

All im sayin is some people dont see going out to a bar as the end all be all as far as having a good time goes. And when it all boils down to it I see the bar as a waste. You do the same !+!! as at the house (drink, watch the game, %+$%!%!# with your boys) you just spend like 10X the amount you would at the crib, then you gotta drive home and risk gettin DUIs. Dont get me wrong me and my people go out to the bar every once in a while but every weekend is a waste.

My budget is $20 a week which is very possible. I also work so if I go over I know that I have money coming in so I don't fret as much.

sick.gif
The dining hall is always hiring. Get some real food in your stomach
laugh.gif
And you're probably under 21 because once you and your friends hit that age EVERYONE will wanna go to the bar
From what I read he definitely sounds under 21. The bars will be packed from Wednesday to Saturday. Sometimes its not even worth the hassle of getting in.

Even if you go to the bar, more than likely it'll be a college bar. I bounced for a while at a bar/club in CP (md) and theyd have all sorts ofdrink specials ($2 beers, $3 rails, etc) and since I'm assuming no one goes to a bar without pregaming, your total at the end of the night is gonna bearound $30

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Nah brosef, I graduated college in 2005. I can feel you on the apt thing, depending on where you are, it might be cheaper to go that route (I was an RA my last 2 yrs, free room and board), and $1000 for 350 meals (avg per semester), all you can eat, is crushing buying groceries/eating out. The school I went to the first 2 years of college, everyone went to frat parties, cuz the bars were pretty wack, most weekends there was a band/dj at some house, and free beer. I remember for greek week my first year of college, we bought a quarter of dirt, 3 cases of natty light, and a handle of cheap vodka (bowman's). but we all had a %%%+%#+! of fun, stayed inebriated, and everyone got some.
eek.gif
That's unpossible.

my meal plan in college was 21 meals per week. 4 weeks per month, 4 months per semester. that $1000 came from you; I remembered it being a little moreexpensive than that.

*edit* actually, it was 19 meals per week, so that comes out to about 305 meals per semester

Back
Top Bottom