CHEAP friends in college UNAPPRECIATION

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

I'd rather buy a new pair of J's and have something to show for my money than go out to dinner a few times
Word but im not going to lie me and my boy go out to get something and hes got to spot me sometimes but its b/c i dont have money with me ratherthan not having it @ all but i do actually pay him back

And that's probably why they're opposed to the idea of going out knowing they don't have money. If they were really *%@%@% up they could just go out with you anyway knowing you'd pay and never ask for the money back.
The only reason I do it at times is because i have always told myself the more I give, eventually the more I will get back someday/throughout mylife.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

I'd rather buy a new pair of J's and have something to show for my money than go out to dinner a few times
im da same way.

i value material possession over activities.

QFT Bulls Game or 2 pair of xii the shoes win because i gotta pay for 2 tickets(me & my bm)(280 before taxes) or pay for 2 pair of shoes(250) im saving $30right there before you factor in parking,gas,food @ the game,etc.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It gets even worse after college. And that's not being cheap, if they don't have money they don't have money and they probably feel bad about not being able to go out so maybe you should cut them a break. One day you might find yourself in the same position.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

It gets even worse after college. And that's not being cheap, if they don't have money they don't have money and they probably feel bad about not being able to go out so maybe you should cut them a break. One day you might find yourself in the same position.
thats funny cuz that is a VERY valid point, however there are people who just dont F with money, ie they got money for food, candy, and otherstupid stuff, but dont have it when it comes to serious matters like buying a car, going out of state for spring break, buying drinks/chippin in for weed, loletc. Its just POOR MANAGEMENT OF MONEY. STRAIGHT UP. lowkey that *$%+ pisses me off, because it limits your fun. IF your friend is really your friend yaltechnically should do alot of things together but if your friend can afford a FUN lifestyle, then it kinda limits your fun. catch my drift?

eLNiNo4530 wrote:
I HATE when people say things like this.

Youd rather have a pair of shoes than an experience with friends??

Originally Posted by Durden7

eLNiNo4530 wrote:

this

eLNiNo4530 wrote:

Co-sign. If you've got enough money for J's, you have enough money to go out and grab a bite to eat. If you're stretching your lastdollars to buy material things you should probably re-evaluate your financial planning.

Originally Posted by reemz

eLNiNo4530 wrote:

Co-sign. If you've got enough money for J's, you have enough money to go out and grab a bite to eat. If you're stretching your last dollars to buy material things you should probably re-evaluate your financial planning.

True....I used to be the same way, but I think it all goes through phases (and it helps to get out of the sneaker game). I find have better experiences more ofa satisfying thing now then just going out to buy something. I think you learn to appreciate it as you get older.

Back
Top Bottom