Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Yesterday I got a soda at McDonald's at the drivethru for a soda. When I finished the soda, there was another McDonald's nearby so I just parked and walked in with my cup and refilled my soda. None of the workers said anything. Will be saving my McDonald's cup from now on. :pimp:

Yesterday I got a soda at McDonald's at the drivethru for a soda. When I finished the soda, there was another McDonald's nearby so I just parked and walked in with my cup and refilled my soda. None of the workers said anything. Will be saving my McDonald's cup from now on. :pimp:
Used to do that so much in middle school in the summers at Carl's jr .. They eventually put up signs on refills on first visit only

Sometimes I save money on my water bill by showering at my apartment club house.

Last edited:
Sometimes I save money on my water bill by showering at my apartment club house.

You have to be chinese

I used to be real cheap, especially in college, I noticed I've kicked a lot of those habits. I'd buy low quality stuff that always ended up breaking or getting tossed.

Used to never pay for games and emulate everything, now I do, same goes for music.

I do the water cup thing sometimes and fill it up with sprite.

I've had the same desktop for almost 5 years, I've only had to replace the fan once. I installed hackintosh on it b/c I don't want to pay for an iMac (however I'm copping a MacBook soon).

When I first got into shoes (in HS) I'd look for the cheapest deal on a used pair and clean the hell out of it. Gone are those days though.

Eating in the whip is for fat people.

You fat papi?

Haha. Na son. Good to have just in case of a random spill OR when my Lady gets madd excited when i take that off ramp with the quickness in The Bavarian. Gushy...

Last edited:
when i go to the taqueria i get a container of salsa
i dont even order anything. i like their salsa

You have to be chinese

:lol:

Not Chinese, but after I play soccer instead of going all the way back home to shower I'll just drive to the student rec center or LA fitness and shower there

How does budgeting make you a scumbag?
 hes the type that goes to a party and doesn't bring anything,

not quite cheap but i buy market brand pasta, pasta sauce etc instead of big name brands. 

buying stuff in bulk at costco, (chicken, steak, tp, juice, cereal, rice, cereal bars/trail mix)  

i get my car washed during the tuesday special not on the wknds like most

on occasion will wait to buy dodger/concert tickets for the low on the day of, off of craigslist or stubhub off of people who cant make it or couldnt resell them. gonna do this for the travis scott show this wknd...

forgot to add that when i go to five guys i ask for a small bag and fill that joint up with peanuts... my pops loves the peanuts so i bring it home for him

Some of these are hilarious, dude eating around the pickle in his "no pickle" sandwich only to bring up the part w the pickle to the counter and demand a new one :lol:

And I Don't think considering best value is same as cheapness. Why pay more than the lowest price available? Learned early on that broke people are the ones that think bargain hunting is cheap, and wealthy folks almost never pay retail for anything.

That said, the worst I've done is Prob pack some "to go" dinner from office luncheon leftovers, there's usually tons of hi qual protein left (salmon, chicken, steak), I see no harm in saving some $$ and avoiding having to go out later for food

Go to Starbucks and order your drink. When they're done with the drink, tell them they made it wrong and they'll do it again. Since they'll throw it out anyway, ask if you can keep the old one and give it to whoever you're with. My girl has done this a couple times and gives me the "wrong" one. :lol:

i grab salt and pepper and random spice condimenta. i actually use it at home to mariante steak or make my mayo salad. at some nacho n cheese places, we would always over fill and save it for later.

Proally the worst habit is grabbing napkins. Its good for so many things.

Im not into the phony jedi mind tricks for soda. Napkins can be copped with out issues, and condiments that are left outside is fair game.

Wendy is the place to be. free individually wrapped utensils, napskins, etc etc. always go there to.prep. lol

Whenever I go out to eat with my girl, we order 1 soda to share.

Last edited:
Instead of paying a Netflix subscription or going to a RedBox, I stream all my movies for free onto my TV

roll.gif
showering elsewhere to save? Water bills not even that steep either. But do what you gotta do I suppose.

-My eldest son is 13 years old, he's 10 every time we go eat at a buffet.

-I take straws and utensils from Chipotle

-At California Chicken Cafe, I order a salad with Hot chicken. When I get it I get hot chicken in it but I tell the server that I meant a breast and a wing. They bring that Breast and Wing right out and I stay with my hot chicken.

-In N Out, you order your burger and eat it half way. Tell them the center is too pink for your liking and they will make you a new one. If the manager is cool, they will give you a coupon worth a full meal for next time.

-If the cashier charges me incorrectly for an item, I stay quiet and walk out like I won the lotto. Went to Smart and Final (store kinda like costco) and I asked them to charge me for 8 bags of 20 pounds of ice.
the cashier charged me for 8 bags of reusable plastic bags at $.10 each in stead of ice. I did not say a dam word. That saved me like $30

-When at the grocery store, I use self checkout. I punch in codes for the cheaper stuff. Example, Small Avocados are $.69 each while large are $2.99 each. So I grab 4 large avocados and punch in the codes for the smaller ones.
This also works with apples. I love large Fuji apples, so instead of punching in the code for large apples, I punch in the code for smaller apples.

-Vallarta supermarket, freshly baked bread is 3 for $1. We put 8 in the bag and eat 2 while walking around.

Back
Top Bottom