Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

Lived in Manhattan my whole life. Will always have a car. I get on the subway every now and again, and recently let me tell you, the subways are the worst I have seen it. Im only 33 so I didnt experience the 70s and 80s but when your father says NYC is back to the 70s ways, you listen. Hes been through it all, living here since 1958.

Even up on the upper east side where my parents live is not that great at night. When they walk their dog at night, I worry.

Lived in Manhattan my whole life. Will always have a car. I get on the subway every now and again, and recently let me tell you, the subways are the worst I have seen it. Im only 33 so I didnt experience the 70s and 80s but when your father says NYC is back to the 70s ways, you listen. Hes been through it all, living here since 1958.

Even up on the upper east side where my parents live is not that great at night. When they walk their dog at night, I worry.
Yeah that's no way to live, man.

Could never live in Manhattan. Too crowded. Need my space. Summers are ridiculously humid because all the building ACs are on. Feels like being trapped in a heat dome.

I feel like Costco fell off. The deals aren't that great like they used to be. Pricing is similar to regular grocery stores when they do their weekly sales.
nice to be able to return anything even 5-10 year old products. When my stuff goes out i just return it.

207CBC75-FBEA-4FA1-A1E6-BF08A16561DD.png

Another gem. :lol:

This is so similar to Boston and their crap public transit system. Boston is deemed as a "walkable city" but to get from one side of town to another side of town is a journey. The trains are always delayed and one train caught on fire over the summer.

It's just hard to get around sometimes without a car even if everything is close by

I will say this though, I don't trust anyone who has gotten their license during the pandemic.
To avoid covid on the driving test did the test admins just tell peeps to drive around and grade themselves on things like signaling, parallel parking, backing around a corner, etc??

To avoid covid on the driving test did the test admins just tell peeps to drive around and grade themselves on things like signaling, parallel parking, backing around a corner, etc??

I helped a friend get her license during covid, you dont need to do drivers ed or anything like that, just a 5 hour online course then you can take your permit test (in person) and as far as the actually driving exam you just went as normal, but masked. This was towards the end of 2020 though, probably for the early part of the year that was shut down.

I don't know, but from NY experience, many of them can't drive.

Back
Top Bottom