Cheap things you do vol. every dollar counts

I like riding bikes and commuting on my motorcycle but yeah I’m not ubering to use da epic pass or hit da trout crik. That would be insane. :lol:
😂 da Uber driver will ask you if you really want to take that trip? Not to mention they won’t like it if you roll through with your fishing gear on stinking up their Prius. 😂

I like riding bikes and commuting on my motorcycle but yeah I’m not ubering to use da epic pass or hit da trout crik. That would be insane. :lol:
Def getting a motorcycle hopefully this year or next. Wouldn’t dare drive a motorcycle if I still lived in nyc.

😂 da Uber driver will ask you if you really want to take that trip? Not to mention they won’t like it if you roll through with your fishing gear on stinking up their Prius. 😂

Uber gonna be pissed when I make him take it down some forest road off roading to get to the fishing spot or else I’ll give him one ⭐️ review.

Def getting a motorcycle hopefully this year or next. Wouldn’t dare drive a motorcycle if I still lived in nyc.

Come to the motorcycle thread when you are ready to cop. Don’t need to spend an arm and a leg.

living in a small town plus having a 10 mile commute is a special case (83% of Americans live in urban areas). if you're in that 17%, get a car, yes.

as for the weather, even in the wintery climates I've lived in, the number of days a year where it's so bad that you don't want to be outside for even 5 minutes is just a few times a year. on those days, I can Uber. and when the weather is really bad, I feel safer on a train or a bus than driving my car on an icy road full of other drivers who may or may not know what they're doing.

the question you should be asking is why, even in high population centers, we built everything to be so far apart.
Naw bro, as for as your first stat not sure how you are defining urban, but I think most would define as closer to 20% and if we are talking places without public transportation that would escalate to closer to 30%

Not sure where you have lived, but I am from Minneapolis and for almost 6 months of the year it absolutely sucks outside.

Naw bro, as for as your first stat not sure how you are defining urban, but I think most would define as closer to 20% and if we are talking places without public transportation that would escalate to closer to 30%

Not sure where you have lived, but I am from Minneapolis and for almost 6 months of the year it absolutely sucks outside.
Most cities have **** public transit and low density. I would argue we shouldn't call them urban (or cities), in which case I agree, only 20-30% of Americans live in true urban places.

Sure, it sucks outside in winter, but I'm just talking about a 10-15 minute walk. Biking is a different story (although some people swear it's not that bad if you have the proper gear).

Different strokes for different folks. I have done them both, used mass transit and commute by car. When driving I couldn’t stand when I was traffic and sometimes if I got out late driving home tired is no Bueno. At the same time get on mass transit with hundreds of people with no seats and you’re tired getting off late is almost the same thing, not a huge complaint. The one thing that really bothered me about mass transit in New York is the winter everyone’s coughing and hacking, but we all gotta go to work as to so expensive not too.

My boy used to bike all winter in Minneapolis.

He’s a psycho though.
Please tell me he had one these hogs
envo_flex_snow_e_bike_4.jpg

Different strokes for different folks. I have done them both, used mass transit and commute by car. When driving I couldn’t stand when I was traffic and sometimes if I got out late driving home tired is no Bueno. At the same time get on mass transit with hundreds of people with no seats and you’re tired getting off late is almost the same thing, not a huge complaint. The one thing that really bothered me about mass transit in New York is the winter everyone’s coughing and hacking, but we all gotta go to work as to so expensive not too.

Driving home late after work or whatever > commuting home late after work or whatever.

Ya’ll forget you gotta walk to the train, however far that may be, then wait for the train, walk home etc. Also what if its raining? Or beaming hot? What if you need to dona couple of errands like do groceries? You gonna carry all that **** with you everywhere you walk? I aint finna go shopping and carry 6 bags with me on the train hell nah. :lol:

This NYC im talking about also, I MUCH rather drive anywhere, even in traffic.

it's faster to get around NYC on the subway a lot of the time. especially if you factor in parking.

almost all the stops are sheltered and most are underground. and if you live someplace dense, it's easy to pop in and grab groceries wherever you are at any time. so you rarely need to carry home a shopping cart full of stuff.

walking 5 minutes in the heat is better than waiting 5 minutes in a car for it to cool down. as for rain, get an umbrella.

and going home late and falling asleep for a little on the train or bus is amazing, assuming it's safe and you wake up on time...

but like domogotsole domogotsole says, different strokes for different folks. and it of course depends on exactly where you live, even within NYC. all I'm saying is if you have a good setup it's hard to do back to the life where you gotta drive to go anywhere. public transit is just half of it. the other half is enough density that most necessities are walking distance away.

Nyc traffic really isnt that bad. Its only really bad obv during rush hour but its usually the highways (FDR, West Side, the major highways in the boroughs). The actual local roads in the city arent that bad even in rush hour.
that's true. unless you're dumb and try to drive through midtown when it's busy...

but the reason is that in NYC, 45% of households have cars and only 20% in Manhattan. if everybody had cars in NYC like the rest of the country (where 90% have cars) it'd have the worst traffic by far. not to mention the parking situation...

it's faster to get around NYC on the subway a lot of the time. especially if you factor in parking.

almost all the stops are sheltered and most are underground. and if you live someplace dense, it's easy to pop in and grab groceries wherever you are at any time. so you rarely need to carry home a shopping cart full of stuff.

walking 5 minutes in the heat is better than waiting 5 minutes in a car for it to cool down. as for rain, get an umbrella.

and going home late and falling asleep for a little on the train or bus is amazing, assuming it's safe and you wake up on time...

but like domogotsole domogotsole says, different strokes for different folks. and it of course depends on exactly where you live, even within NYC. all I'm saying is if you have a good setup it's hard to do back to the life where you gotta drive to go anywhere. public transit is just half of it. the other half is enough density that most necessities are walking distance away.

You may live far from the train, you might have to wait for the train (late night/off peak hours you waiting a little bit). What if you need to go to multiple places in one day? Dont gimme that I got a KFC on the corner for lunch and a pizza shop on the other corner for dinner. :lol: Im saying if you meeting up with a friend on the UES, then going to Soho to pick something up from Kith, then going to Williamsburg for dinner, then back home in Queens for the night. Im not gonna walk and then hop around on the train to different lines all day. And thats the thing, people think just hop on the train, man you still gotta wall to wherever you need to go, unless you do a bunch of transfers to get to the closest station. If you need to go strictly a to b, with no deviations sure train is faster, but no one said train isnt faster. A car is far more convenient, especially if you going different places, especially if its too cold, too hot, rainy whatever. Weekend? Forget, its not even a contest. Weekday? Sure to get to work and you dont have easy parking in the area and you have an easy commute. Otherwise if theres no time crunch, car it is. Plus, what if you wanna go outside the city? Go to the beach in the summer? Go hit the slopes in the winter?

If parking isnt an issue at home, a car is FAR more convenient in NYC than not.

that's true. unless you're dumb and try to drive through midtown when it's busy...

but the reason is that in NYC, 45% of households have cars and only 20% in Manhattan. if everybody had cars in NYC like the rest of the country (where 90% have cars) it'd have the worst traffic by far.

Midtown is NOT that bad during rush hour. Theres some streets that very congested cause its near the Lincoln or Holland but thats about it.

You may live far from the train, you might have to wait for the train (late night/off peak hours you waiting a little bit). What if you need to go to multiple places in one day? Dont gimme that I got a KFC on the corner for lunch and a pizza shop on the other corner for dinner. :lol: Im saying if you meeting up with a friend on the UES, then going to Soho to pick something up from Kith, then going to Williamsburg for dinner, then back home in Queens for the night. Im not gonna walk and then hop around on the train to different lines all day. And thats the thing, people think just hop on the train, man you still gotta wall to wherever you need to go, unless you do a bunch of transfers to get to the closest station. If you need to go strictly a to b, with no deviations sure train is faster, but no one said train isnt faster. A car is far more convenient, especially if you going different places, especially if its too cold, too hot, rainy whatever. Weekend? Forget, its not even a contest. Weekday? Sure to get to work and you dont have easy parking in the area and you have an easy commute. Otherwise if theres no time crunch, car it is. Plus, what if you wanna go outside the city? Go to the beach in the summer? Go hit the slopes in the winter?

true, it depends on a lot of those factors.

but to keep it in perspective -- covering one mile in NYC is more than most complete cities in the USA. like it's 30 miles of suburbs in many metro areas and they have less going on than a corner of each burrough in NYC. car or no car.

Theres a subreddit /****cars. Bunch of weirdos. :lol:

7326DD75-2936-4364-8AC5-66032242FD94.jpeg

So you just staring at dude chillin in his car for an hour? Or checking on him every 10 min? Mind yo damn business. :lol:

This one of the comments:

4593393D-5B1F-4DD3-A41E-D24433AF9342.jpeg

Equating this to watering the grass during a drought. :lol:

Then theres this Captain Planet over here

49B1E7A8-3C13-4D02-B76C-2C71A0903694.jpeg

Ill be damned someone told me to turn my engine off. How else imma listen to this Yeat. :pimp:

952654F4-B1AC-49CE-BE15-028C56DFC59C.jpeg

Car is too long for the parking. :lol: These car haters really got nothing better to do.
lmao this brazy :lol:

unless you live in Manhattan or certain parts of Brooklyn, a car is damn near a must in NYC.

NYC subway is so trash. Filthy, filled with crazed unhinged people and antiquated with constant delays, but somehow people don't think you need a Car in NYC? LOL

Back
Top Bottom