Check out Gentry Humphrey's reaction when Niketalk is mentioned Vol.Kix and The City Interview III

Your a fool if you think he actually cares about this place....Hes got bigger things than NKETALK

Im sorry but I agree with the man. The fusions are innovative because Jordans and AF1 are two of the most popular selling shoes EVER, so why not capitalize ofthe opportunity. Fakes came out and they went and dropped colorways, which was smart because although they are not authentic, some of the color schemes arehot....my opinion. But, he's definitely looking @ things from a broader perspective, so people might as well stop complaining about this shoe's isquality is this....I want Nike Air on this. If the business calls for it, then it will happen, but clearly we see that JB is not hurting for anything.

Originally Posted by beeniesfoams

It so easy to not like a dude for putting out crap like fusions but getting him in a room and talking to him about it, answered so many questions for me.
I have nothing but respect for this dude. His marketing game is on point. I can take a few pointers from him.
Real talk. I am sure many here don't like some of the decisions, but Gentry is selling shoes.....period. We can sit here and say he is"dissing" the older collectors, but of course they are going to cater to the younger crowd. They have money to spend on kicks and they aren'tspending it on Kobes or Lebrons....its still Jordans.

Half of these kids haven't seen MJ play....so? Doesn't mean they won't buy them because they "cool". And what better way to reach thatyounger crowd than thru hip hop and thru celebrities, via our celebrity-focused society.

I am with the collectors here who have voiced their complaints in regards to quality and colorways, but truth be told - the Jumpman is as strong as it everwas. They are making a killing thru strategic marketing rather than pushing a quality brand. I don't condone it, but I sure admire their businessstrategy.

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

I'm not a Gentry fan, but he DID NOT laugh at NikeTalk!

He was laughing at Maze turning to the camera and giving a "shout out" to NT. He was not laughing at NT, nor was he giving it the "cold shoulder" just because he turned his head when Maze was asking the question.

And dude... a "leg shrug"??? You were really reaching there. I've never heard of a "leg shrug" being an offensive gesture. The guy was just moving his foot.

Come on, CarmineJordan...You shouldn't try to stir up sh*t where there is no sh*t to be stirred.

Agreed! I was watching for Gentry's disrespectful/offensive gesture towards NT. I didn't see it.

-NF

Originally Posted by dizmthagreat

Im sorry but I agree with the man. The fusions are innovative because Jordans and AF1 are two of the most popular selling shoes EVER, so why not capitalize of the opportunity. Fakes came out and they went and dropped colorways, which was smart because although they are not authentic, some of the color schemes are hot....my opinion. But, he's definitely looking @ things from a broader perspective, so people might as well stop complaining about this shoe's is quality is this....I want Nike Air on this. If the business calls for it, then it will happen, but clearly we see that JB is not hurting for anything.

haven't used this word in a while, but

SHEEP. Enjoy your OLY VI's and VII's

dumb...
indifferent.gif

I had to chime in as well. We all know what many have said and will keep remaining as the the truth concerning Gentry's feelings towards Nike Talk. NikeTalk is the place where the older shoe enthusiasts discuss Jordan brand and Nike from the perspective of past, presents, and future. There would be no ISS orany other successful forum website with out Nike Talk. Even though many people at Nike/Jordan Brand do not like what we say on here the valididatity isunrelenting. I read both website's at lease once or twice a week but we all know that ISS, Sole Collector, and many other websites make money off ofJordan Brand. Nike Talk actually has actually done what it's moniker denotes and that is discuss what is happening with the products most of us havesupported for many years. Gentry did have a reaction to Nike talk and it was the right one. We are the core ladies and gentlemen, the heart and sole. Sooneror later Nike/Jordan brand will have to deal with us and in a way they already are. The economy is only going to get worst which will make Gentry and therest of the brain trust start to have to deal with more limited sales like their limited, overpriced packages. Any ways I had to rant and say keep thediscussions going because in the end we will have what we have been striving for which is a brand who truly reciprocates the love the fans have given over theyears.

I just checked the Sole Collector website to see what was being said, and I found this interesting, straight from the "Jordan Brand Profile":
It's no secret that there's some unruly unrest among many of the company's most loyal collectors and avid Jordan Brand followers. Most of that can be attributed to a perceived continual decline in quality in just a five year window. It's a complaint that's arguably entirely tangible and not just perception. From the 2003 White/Cement Grey Jordan Retro 3 to the 2007 White/Fire Red Jordan Retro 3, there's an undeniable drop-off in build quality and material selection. Never was this lack of quality more apparent than on September 9, 2006 when the Off-white/Military Blue Jordan Retro 4 released. And go figure, 'cause I love that shoe so damn much I bought three pairs. And therein lies the largest dilemma for the Jordan Brand. As the quality declined, sales actually increased and profits soared to record highs. Some would argue shrewdly that Jordan Brand simply played their cards right, picking and choosing when to cut corners by using cheaper materials on models that were obviously going to sell out. White/Fire Red Retro 4's, White/Grape Ice Retro 5's and White/Fire Red Retro 5's each flew off the shelves at an already inflated retail price, and with dreadful leather quality only seen in budget chain sneakers. After establishing itself upon quality products inspired by the greatest basketball player ever, Jordan Brand has considerably been slacking in its retail line quality. The XX3, however, used remarkable leathers, materials and was expertly crafted and constructed. So, it appears those finer leather swatches are indeed available, and here's to hoping the Retro line ahead takes a more careful look at not just the appearance of the original model, but both the shape and feel as well that made the Air Jordan the industry benchmark for quality and performance innovation.

'leg shrug' lmao that had me rollin...next time I'm with one of the fellas im about to ask him, 'why you leg shruggin' on me?!'

Originally Posted by L0VE Me or HATE Me

I just checked the Sole Collector website to see what was being said, and I found this interesting, straight from the "Jordan Brand Profile":
It's no secret that there's some unruly unrest among many of the company's most loyal collectors and avid Jordan Brand followers. Most of that can be attributed to a perceived continual decline in quality in just a five year window. It's a complaint that's arguably entirely tangible and not just perception. From the 2003 White/Cement Grey Jordan Retro 3 to the 2007 White/Fire Red Jordan Retro 3, there's an undeniable drop-off in build quality and material selection. Never was this lack of quality more apparent than on September 9, 2006 when the Off-white/Military Blue Jordan Retro 4 released. And go figure, 'cause I love that shoe so damn much I bought three pairs. And therein lies the largest dilemma for the Jordan Brand. As the quality declined, sales actually increased and profits soared to record highs. Some would argue shrewdly that Jordan Brand simply played their cards right, picking and choosing when to cut corners by using cheaper materials on models that were obviously going to sell out. White/Fire Red Retro 4's, White/Grape Ice Retro 5's and White/Fire Red Retro 5's each flew off the shelves at an already inflated retail price, and with dreadful leather quality only seen in budget chain sneakers. After establishing itself upon quality products inspired by the greatest basketball player ever, Jordan Brand has considerably been slacking in its retail line quality. The XX3, however, used remarkable leathers, materials and was expertly crafted and constructed. So, it appears those finer leather swatches are indeed available, and here's to hoping the Retro line ahead takes a more careful look at not just the appearance of the original model, but both the shape and feel as well that made the Air Jordan the industry benchmark for quality and performance innovation.

Very well said!!

Yo Mister Gentry

I agree about NikeTalk. They will never understand though.

But we need to see more hot jays! 7,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16,17,22 are nothing special, give us retros with new designs for your new demographic!

One love sports fan

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Originally Posted by IcyyyESR Two3

wow,
eyes.gif

although i do not like this guy, he did not laugh at nt there, he just laughed cuz dude gave a shout out to a sneaker forum, thats all.

no need to hype this up

Exactly. I would change the title of this thread... it's completely misleading.

indifferent.gif
eyes.gif

seriously if JB just released more of the OG colorways for one style instead of wasting their resources for ugly colors...then we would have plenty to goaround. screw a new point of view hahaha the world is not "about" florescent colors.

"pretty sick reactions"

as in throwing up on the table? or as in doodling pictures of the kids killing jb's design squad?

or i guess that a small smile will be acknowledged as a possible reaction as well

Back
Top Bottom