Check out this short film my friend made! It's up for some prestigous awards!

Check out this short 5 minute film my friend made called 'locks'. The ending directly relates to my family and it struck me deeply.

Synopsis:
In Oakland, Ca., a young man wakes up with a heavy heart, and decides to walk to the local barbershop.

https://www.delta-offers.com/offers/go/flyinmovies

(I'd embed this video but I cannot figure out how to since it is hosted by brightcove.)

Thanks NT and I hope you enjoy.

And vote 5 stars if you like it please!

great short film, i liked it
pimp.gif

submitted!

gonna watch the others as well

very nice
pimp.gif

One question though, what was up with him putting his hood up when those two dudes were getting arrested? I didn't quite get that part.

Originally Posted by nublee

very nice
pimp.gif

One question though, what was up with him putting his hood up when those two dudes were getting arrested? I didn't quite get that part.
Hmm.. I saw it as sort of a societal critique.

His hair was a sense of pride/identity. It was a way that he identified himself with his peers.

Many people are judged on their appearances, in this case he saw some fellow peers getting arrested who looked similarly to him.

And so he wanted to conceal his locks, not to be judged/seen by the police.

It was just showing one of the dynamics of wearing his hair as he did. The way others may view his locks. While it was sense of pride/identity for him, it wasto show that the police associated it with something else.

Originally Posted by nublee

very nice
pimp.gif

so the cops wouldn't approach him?

Dude, props. Tribeca is solid.

And the short film held my attention. Won't say more and won't ruin it for anyone else. Good stuff.

Very nice. Great short movie. Nice seeing some of those street signs. Man I miss the Easy Bay.

And nbirn, I agree with your analysis. Also, it was probably used as a device to not have us guess the ending.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

And nbirn, I agree with your analysis. Also, it was probably used as a device to not have us guess the ending.
Word. I didn't think of it as a device. That is a good point to note.

I also see it as a direct reflection of the society/community that exist in Oakland. It's like a small cultural footnote to the entire story.

I think of it in terms of "association."

While the cops "associated" it with crime, the protagonist peers "associated" it with acceptance.

Pretty smart.

Back
Top Bottom