Check out this short film my friend made! It's up for some prestigous awards!

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Originally Posted by nublee

very nice
pimp.gif

One question though, what was up with him putting his hood up when those two dudes were getting arrested? I didn't quite get that part.
Hmm.. I saw it as sort of a societal critique.

His hair was a sense of pride/identity. It was a way that he identified himself with his peers.

Many people are judged on their appearances, in this case he saw some fellow peers getting arrested who looked similarly to him.

And so he wanted to conceal his locks, not to be judged/seen by the police.

It was just showing one of the dynamics of wearing his hair as he did. The way others may view his locks. While it was sense of pride/identity for him, it was to show that the police associated it with something else.

Indeed!

Very good short film. Amazing how deep of a story that can be told without words. Your friend has talent.

Originally Posted by nbirn2103

Originally Posted by nublee

very nice
pimp.gif

One question though, what was up with him putting his hood up when those two dudes were getting arrested? I didn't quite get that part.
Hmm.. I saw it as sort of a societal critique.

His hair was a sense of pride/identity. It was a way that he identified himself with his peers.

Many people are judged on their appearances, in this case he saw some fellow peers getting arrested who looked similarly to him.

And so he wanted to conceal his locks, not to be judged/seen by the police.

It was just showing one of the dynamics of wearing his hair as he did. The way others may view his locks. While it was sense of pride/identity for him, it was to show that the police associated it with something else.
That definitely clears it up. I'm kinda embarrassed that I didn't catch that now
laugh.gif

Thats wassup........i thought he was cutting them because of the perception that dreads give (unfortunately). It turned out to be for a totally differentreason......5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great short.

The Tribeca Film Festival is actually where they're going to premier Spike Lee's documentary on Kobe Bryant.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

And nbirn, I agree with your analysis. Also, it was probably used as a device to not have us guess the ending.
Yea I thought it would have something to do with him wanting to get out of the hood and start over bettering himself. So he got up went to theshop and abandoned his identity, the very same identity which echoed his surroundings. Really good little short flick. Had to be a pain in the %!% to findsomeone with locks willing to cut them all off.

Back
Top Bottom