Chelsea Handler to Host 2010 VMAs Vol. Black rappers/athletes Rejoice

[h1]Chelsea Handler to host 2010 MTV Video Music Awards[/h1]
By Cristina Kinon
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 9:11 AM

alg_chelsea_handler.jpg

Shearer/WireImage
Chelsea Handler will be the first woman to emcee the MTV VMAs since Rosanne Barr in 1994.

Are you there MTV viewers? It's your host, Chelsea.

Chelsea Handler is set to host the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, the network officially announced Thursday morning.

The comedian will be the first woman to emcee the event since Rosanne Barr in 1994.

"This has been a huge year for hip-hop and rap, and it is well-known that I have the closest ties with these communities - musically and sexually," Handler said in a statement. "I am to rap and hippity-hop, what Warren Buffet is to finance, minus the sex."

Other previous hosts include Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black and Russell Brand, who hosted last year.

The 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, airing live Sept. 12 at 9 p.m., celebrate the best in the music industry. Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Drake and Ne-Yo, among others, have already been confirmed to present awards.

Handler, 35, is the host of E!'s late-night talk show, "Chelsea Lately" and the author of several bestselling books including, "Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea" and "Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...010_mtv_video_music_awards.html#ixzz0x4iF7zfX

[h1]Chelsea Handler to host 2010 MTV Video Music Awards[/h1]
By Cristina Kinon
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 9:11 AM

alg_chelsea_handler.jpg

Shearer/WireImage
Chelsea Handler will be the first woman to emcee the MTV VMAs since Rosanne Barr in 1994.

Are you there MTV viewers? It's your host, Chelsea.

Chelsea Handler is set to host the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, the network officially announced Thursday morning.

The comedian will be the first woman to emcee the event since Rosanne Barr in 1994.

"This has been a huge year for hip-hop and rap, and it is well-known that I have the closest ties with these communities - musically and sexually," Handler said in a statement. "I am to rap and hippity-hop, what Warren Buffet is to finance, minus the sex."

Other previous hosts include Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black and Russell Brand, who hosted last year.

The 2010 MTV Video Music Awards, airing live Sept. 12 at 9 p.m., celebrate the best in the music industry. Kanye West, Justin Bieber, Drake and Ne-Yo, among others, have already been confirmed to present awards.

Handler, 35, is the host of E!'s late-night talk show, "Chelsea Lately" and the author of several bestselling books including, "Are You There Vodka? It's Me Chelsea" and "Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...010_mtv_video_music_awards.html#ixzz0x4iF7zfX

I only just heard of this girl this week and then I saw her show a few nights ago.

Weird. She was the most interesting person on it though - it seems like she surrounded herself with imbeciles and then she looked smart and witty.

I only just heard of this girl this week and then I saw her show a few nights ago.

Weird. She was the most interesting person on it though - it seems like she surrounded herself with imbeciles and then she looked smart and witty.

yes! she is going to be a great host. she talks $+$+ about basically all the celebrities on her show. she isn't that funny, but the shows about the music anyways and i think anybody will be better that russell brand, i think she will be the perfect host. watch her a show a couple times because sometimes her round table comedians talk too much and she doesn't say anything funny

yes! she is going to be a great host. she talks $+$+ about basically all the celebrities on her show. she isn't that funny, but the shows about the music anyways and i think anybody will be better that russell brand, i think she will be the perfect host. watch her a show a couple times because sometimes her round table comedians talk too much and she doesn't say anything funny

Originally Posted by Obey Your Thirst

I thought Russel Brand was hilarious. Chelsea ain't bad to look at though.

Originally Posted by Gameboi86

Are you serious? He is not funny at all.

Originally Posted by Gameboi86

Are you serious? He is not funny at all.

Yeah she says some pretty wild *@*+ about celebrities on her show, sometimes even to the celebrity guest.
Itd be interesting to see how much balls she got at the VMAs when all the celebrities will be right in front of her.
I have a feeling she bout to go in.

Yeah she says some pretty wild *@*+ about celebrities on her show, sometimes even to the celebrity guest.
Itd be interesting to see how much balls she got at the VMAs when all the celebrities will be right in front of her.
I have a feeling she bout to go in.

How can you not like Russel Brand?
He's hilarious to me, at least

And I'm just throwing this out there, but what about Daniel Tosh hosting...?

How can you not like Russel Brand?
He's hilarious to me, at least

And I'm just throwing this out there, but what about Daniel Tosh hosting...?

Chelsea keeps it real, I doubt she will hold back on anything, she always says whats on her mind.
Should be dope and I dunno why but I wanna meat her bad
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Chelsea keeps it real, I doubt she will hold back on anything, she always says whats on her mind.
Should be dope and I dunno why but I wanna meat her bad
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Back
Top Bottom