Chicago Bulls Season Thread 35-33 -- vs kings 3.21/3.23 vs knicks/3.24 knicks

The only change I would make is to put Taj as the starting PF.
Bobby will eventually take the reigns but like I said last year, showcase Taj and get his value up so we can flip him for some valuable assests.
Can't afford to keep letting guys walk away without getting anything in return.

Yeah i know that makes sense if I were them I would get rid of Dunleavy as a straight salary dump that creates another 5 million, That be in 15 million Cap space and you can use that to get an athletic wing, and then get rid of Snell while your at.

showcase Taj and get his value up so we can flip him for some valuable assests.

The same front office that let Pau showcase himself, not trade him claiming him as a "core" player/priority, and watching him walk for nothing.

Not saying Taj can't/won't be moved but the problems with this organization start and end with the front office

Maybe they turned the chapter with the Rose trade and see the light now but I'm not holding my breath.

The identity crisis is real with this team.

Jimmy will be leaving the first chance he gets. The organization is a mess. Tough times to be a bulls fan.

Jimmy will be leaving the first chance he gets. The organization is a mess. Tough times to be a bulls fan.

Well they don't have to worry about that until 4 seasons, if they can't put together a competent team by that time then they deserve to lose him.

The rondo deal is actually a decent one 2 year deal with a option after year 1, so basically a 1 year rental. If they dont like him they can cut ties. Basically the same thing as the Rose contract situation except you don't have worry about if Rose was coming back, which I feel like he wasn't.

Last edited:
Get out your bag. This was a solid pickup. Not necessarily the one we want, but one solid enough. Rondo wont be jacking up shots, so guys like Doug and Niko and Valentine will be able to get a chance to get more touches.

You get rid of Rose and Jo to turn the locker room over to Jimmy and now you bring in Rondo, what sense does that make? How does he help the younger guys? I get the contract, but you are taking the legs out from the coach you just hired. Maybe its me. I'd rather get Seth Curry

i don't like the player but bulls had the spend $ read something about salary floor? either they sign a young player that might be a budding legit player like some guys getting signed which would be long term and kill our cap room next year or they sign rondo and let him walk next year. hope what i read about his contract is true. that would give us 40 mil to sign westbrook and durant......

Everybody criticizing the Bulls about not making moves any move they made wouldn't be comparable to KD going to GS at-least they didn't blow there money on marginal players. Next summer they'll have close to 60 million to sign two max players you need it to compete now that KD has gone to GS, maybe the front office will pull a miracle and get two max guys not holding my breath though.

Everybody criticizing the Bulls about not making moves any move they made wouldn't be comparable to KD going to GS at-least they didn't blow there money on marginal players. Next summer they'll have close to 60 million to sign two max players you need it to compete now that KD has gone to GS, maybe the front office will pull a miracle and get two max guys not holding my breath though.

I never, for a second ,thought we were gonna sign an impact player this off season. Go bare bones. Lose a lot of games, and build cap space to make another run at big free agents. That's we can do.

Why not both. We should have the cap space.

Well unfortunately Boogie isn't a free agent, until 2018 and I don't think Russ is a good Fit with Jimmy but I could be wrong. This is an bridge season but if some way this team can make the playoffs and show some promise, that could possibly convice FA to come.

Rondo? Really? Im done man
mean.gif
Get out your bag. This was a solid pickup. Not necessarily the one we want, but one solid enough. Rondo wont be jacking up shots, so guys like Doug and Niko and Valentine will be able to get a chance to get more touches.
my thing is its all this talk how rose and bulter dont fit. how do you expect rondo and bulter to fit?

fred wont have his job by the all star break. book it. 

my thing is its all this talk how rose and bulter dont fit. how do you expect rondo and bulter to fit?

fred wont have his job by the all star break. book it. 
IMO they were a great fit, but the organization simply gave up on Rose.

So our dream scenario is pairing Westbrook and Griffin with Jimmy & Co. , right??

And the odds of that happening are like .3% right?

I think we're good on Blake, but the dream is definitely Russ and Cuz.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening with Jimmy on board, which IMO is still better than a combo of either one with Jimmy. If you have to sacrifice Jimmy to get either then so be it.

Russ will be a FA and we could throw the bank at him, Big Cuz we'll definitely have to make a trade for, which I highly doubt Gar is capable of, but it could literally save his job.
Given his Twitter fingers and his clear discontent with the Org. I really don't see him being there after the all star break unless they're in playoff contention, the downside is that we don't have the type of coach that could reign in all these head cases (Rondo, Jimmy, or Cuz).

Last edited:
I think we're good on Blake, but the dream is definitely Russ and Cuz.

Unfortunately I don't see it happening with Jimmy on board, which IMO is still better than a combo of either one with Jimmy. If you have to sacrifice Jimmy to get either then so be it.

Russ will be a FA and we could throw the bank at him, Big Cuz we'll definitely have to make a trade for, which I highly doubt Gar is capable of, but it could literally save his job.
Given his Twitter fingers and his clear discontent with the Org. I really don't see him being there after the all star break unless they're in playoff contention, the downside is that we don't have the type of coach that could reign in all these head cases (Rondo, Jimmy, or Cuz).

Homey....if we get Russ and Blake/Cuz...I'm buying ur ticket to the home opener. 100 level

Back
Top Bottom