**CHIEF KEEF**

I ***** wit keef but he shouldve embraced the kanye remix. That's a **** load of albums sold right there. Dude shouldve been on 106 at least twice and with shows, twitter, and videos he wouldve hit that number easily.

You don't think Chief Keef was as big as Waka when Waka FIRST came out?  That's arguable.  "I don't like" was as big or bigger Hard in the Paint.  It's slipped into every day vernacular in the hood and suburbs.  Just no one was checking for any of his music but that one song. That's all on him and his team mishandling opportunities.

Keef had WAY more going for him early on than Waka did.  Waka just worked harder and didn't **** up like Keef is.  It also helps that Waka's album was better and he seems to be better at building relationships with other artists/labels/media.
I don't think so.

Don't quote me on this...but I don't think any 2 of Keef's songs charted higher than "Hard In Da Paint" or "O Let's Do It" did. I know for a fact that Hard In Da Paint was #1 on the Rap List at it's height. I don't think Keef has had a #1 (on any list) song yet.

Let's also take a look at the timeline of Keef's situation. He didn't really hit the national spotlight until about April of 2012. Signed in June and his album drops 6 months later. There aren't too many artists we can compare his situation to. I mean...6 months isn't really alot of time to build THAT much of a fanbase outside of his core fanbase who likely were rocking with him before he hit the national scene.

I'm just looking at the rappers who did 100K+ on debut albums in 2012. All of them had a pretty big lead up to their debut albums. Meek been signed to MMG since 2010. Appeared on 2 MMG Albums, Wale's tape/album, Ross's tapes/albums, and 2 acclaimed mixtapes of his own before his debut launched. Kendrick dropped an acclaimed tape, followed up with an acclaimed digital album...then his major label debut. ASAP didn't drop in 2012 but same situation. Son been signed for more than a year...big time mixtape + crew tape + features before releasing his major label debut.

Was it really feasible for Chief Keef to do 100K with 6 months of being on the scene? 
I ***** wit keef but he shouldve embraced the kanye remix. That's a **** load of albums sold right there. Dude shouldve been on 106 at least twice and with shows, twitter, and videos he wouldve hit that number easily.
Embrace it how? He never denounced the song. Young Chop did. Was he supposed to MAKE Kanye West shoot a video and ask him to do the song live? 

Kanye never even spoke with him. He remixed the song on his own. Not understanding how Keef could have made that situation work more for him anymore than it did.

We need to stop acting like any and everything associated with Kanye magically turns into gold. If that were the case...Cyhi would have a release date and Pusha wouldn't be struggling to make strides as a solo artist right now. The remix did exactly what it needed to for Keef.

Last edited:
:lol: dude really answering radio interviews by shaking his head yes/no *DEAD* :rofl: :rofl: WE CAN'T SEE YOU KEEF!!

Still my dude tho, his album bangs.

Has anybody came to the conclusion that he's just not that good nor is he making music that sounds different from anything else.... 100k is where he should be

Lol he has decent shoe game tho, he just has no lyrical abilities 
Man, what?

What's a "shoe game" and what does it have to do with chief keef's music?
roll.gif

So this lil _ done ha they aint did nothing to keep his name ringing while he locked up ha where is the rest of gbe ha

i need some new keef man i still play finally rich time to time **** still bangs :pimp:

Last edited:
Ok. I forgot we're in the era of music where if you don't drop something every two weeks...you not ****. You right.

Back
Top Bottom