choosing universities in Ontario?

which is the best university to go in terms of academic and social life? major is IT/Business Management (not sure) thanks
smile.gif

for what your after id say laurier or western if u can get into richard ivey aoe

If your going for your B.Comm...
Schulich (York), De Groote (Mcmaster) and Queen's

I don't know much about that field, but schulich popped out.

I almost forgot about the Ivey AOE. Step it up if you want that. I tried and didn't get it. but afaik, the program can be very rewarding if you applyyourself, but they mislead you asto what degree you actually get.

Queens has a nice program but i hear the people there are very snoby ... but thats just what i heard

and for ITM my friend is in the program at Ryerson and he enjoys it.. and Ryerson has got some very fine looking ladies

Queens has a nice program but i hear the people there are very snoby ... but thats just what i heard

Yeah, I've heard that too. But it's the result of many kids that come from private schools like UCC.
The highschool tuition is like +$20 000 a year! Yikes and go figure a perfect equation for snobby.

But co-sign on business management at Ryerson. It's where most ITM students go if not UTSC.

I'm thinking either Ryerson or York.

which one? (academic + social life)

iono I know a lot of people who go to Queens and some can be snoby but if you go there you meet a lot of new people and it's a good school.Don't let that steer you away from a good school like Queens.......

I'm aiming for Schulich, 90.5% average minimum tho... gotta do well on the upcoming exams...

Schulich is the best Business school in Canada, it's also internationally known, and if you graduate from Schulich, you're pretty much GUARENTEED agood job right outta uni

Damn, i don't even think ill get accepted to any universities. Anyone know what the good colleges are in Ontario?

my choices are brought down to either Ryerson or York.

how is campus life on each?

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Damn, i don't even think ill get accepted to any universities. Anyone know what the good colleges are in Ontario?

depends on what you want to go for.
but in general Sheridan Seneca, Humber, George brown, centennial are good ones

I'm Ivey AEO at Western. Got in with an 89% and extracurriculars in HS.

If you want any information on UWO or the Ivey AEO program, get at me.

like 5-6 of my friends got accept into ivey and not all of em at 90+ averages... they even say aslong as u got dirty extracurricular + a good average yourfine.

schulich is no fun, then again neither is ivey from what i heard but atleast thats not until 3rd year.

hey true how bad are winters up in london? im moving there from jan - may,

mellowg, you're 4stream? and AEO is heavy on those extracurriculars + average comobs. One of the few programs where extracurriculars are a 99% necessity

Schulich is actually not the best business program in Canada. Richard-Ivey at Western, Queens, and UBC all beat out Schulich by far.

My friends at Schulich put in a lot of work, even the laid back dudes. Always reading and studying. I didn't want to do that, and being stuck in Toronto, Idecided to go to Ryerson even though I had the 89% that would have gotten me into Schulich. Academically in Toronto, I'd say Schulich, UTSC, and Ryersonare the tops, but not far in margin. Ryerson however has the best social life compared to all of them.

For the one dude who said he wouldn't get into university, apply to some anyway. Ryerson's minimum average is like a 70%, some 65%'s get in also.But I don't know, school's always been the same for me. If you study, you'll do well and if you don't, you won't. Ryerson's VERY laidback. I don't really study until the day before exam and do really well, but there's others who study a lot and don't do well. It's differentfor everybody.

If you do plan on going to York and don't get into Schulich, don't settle for Atkinson as the program is worst than Ryerson's academically.

How is humbers buisness program? How is the social life at Humber north in rexdale? anyone have any stories about residence there? life in that area?

Originally Posted by TheAbove

True Blues, where did you go to HS?

London Central
Originally Posted by mellowg

like 5-6 of my friends got accept into ivey and not all of em at 90+ averages... they even say aslong as u got dirty extracurricular + a good average your fine. schulich is no fun, then again neither is ivey from what i heard but atleast thats not until 3rd year. hey true how bad are winters up in london? im moving there from jan - may,

Winters here are no different than anywhere else in SW Ontario. Maybe a little warmer than Toronto, but overall, pretty much the same.

Even being AEO is stressful because you have to maintain an 80% average + extracurriculars (or close to). Coming into this I thought I could get by with doingas much as I did in HS while going to the bars, etc., but after finishing 2/3 exams, I realize now Term 2 is gonna be all work no play.
Originally Posted by raptorsfan1

what kind of extracurriculars?
I had a lot, which is what got me in, I think. I played senior basketball all four years, senior volleyball all four years, won athletic awards,won some subject awards, OBA competitive basketball, was on Yearbook committee, school newspaper, a bunch volunteering, summer job + job during grade 12, and Ico-founded/co-owned a business from grade 8-12. I'm sure there was more, the application took me a few days. A lot of their weighting goes into the essaysection of the application, too. Also, make sure you have good references.

Originally Posted by True Blues

I had a lot, which is what got me in, I think. I played senior basketball all four years, senior volleyball all four years, won athletic awards, won some subject awards, OBA competitive basketball, was on Yearbook committee, school newspaper, a bunch volunteering, summer job + job during grade 12, and I co-founded/co-owned a business from grade 8-12. I'm sure there was more, the application took me a few days. A lot of their weighting goes into the essay section of the application, too. Also, make sure you have good references.

Doesn't Ivey accept OUAC Applications?

Originally Posted by shrk1001

Schulich is actually not the best business program in Canada. Richard-Ivey at Western, Queens, and UBC all beat out Schulich by far.
In terms of reputation though and in the eyes of employers, isnt schulich > anything in canada for business?...

EDIT: i've also heard mixed reviews about the workload and difficulty of Schulich from different people...

i was led to believe richard ivey was through many sources,

hey true blue what rez are you in? and ya nick im 4 stream but rather be in 8

Originally Posted by I Love AF1

Originally Posted by True Blues

I had a lot, which is what got me in, I think. I played senior basketball all four years, senior volleyball all four years, won athletic awards, won some subject awards, OBA competitive basketball, was on Yearbook committee, school newspaper, a bunch volunteering, summer job + job during grade 12, and I co-founded/co-owned a business from grade 8-12. I'm sure there was more, the application took me a few days. A lot of their weighting goes into the essay section of the application, too. Also, make sure you have good references.

Doesn't Ivey accept OUAC Applications?
Yeah, you apply through OUAC, but Ivey requires a supplementary application

Back
Top Bottom