Chris Hayes (MSNBC) Spoofs how the media covers black news stories

But see, back in the 50's and 60's in the United States Hispanics were not looked as black but rather Whites, just Lesser whites. 

SMH - You guys crack me up. Try to mix stuff up like if you aren't able to follow what's being said.

The question is not about if hispanics could ride, it is about if he would be able to ride. He would be classified as black, therefore unable to ride.

Lmao ninjahood stay throwing shots at black people just to prove how opposite he is or how down he is for the white right agenda .Homie has more in common with black people than he does with whites .Him and his mother fit the image of every black stereotype his beloved Fox News throws out to belittle and dehumanize black people .Father went to jail mom raises him by herself in a poor neighborhood on the poor side of town .Full of those dreadful brown and black people .She probably works two jobs doesn't speak English .He probably doesn't have much education beyond high school and worst of all he buys expensive gym shoes lives at home is almost 30 in rent controlled housing .Blaring that god awful hip hop colored music

Son is a walking statistic worrying about copping a Jesus piece. :lol:

Last edited:
The question is not about if hispanics could ride, it is about if he would be able to ride. He would be classified as black, therefore unable to ride.
No he would not - that's your problem and yes he would of have been able to ride.

The segregation and classification of Hispanics as minorities came in the late 60's. Why don't you look this up?

LMAO! LORD!

Anyways, this thread has been derailed.

To get back on topic - I really did not like the video.

I think the indirect shots taken are well hidden. 

Last edited:
you're right he wouldnt be let into a country club, I'll let you know next time I add to my posts.

I worry about him because I like him.

you're right he probably doesnt worry about me, but that doesn't matter because you obviouls care about how I feel  about him....and thats all that matter keko jones
wink.gif
Actually Ninja and You are the same IMHO.

Two members of NT.

You just failed to realize that I'm not speaking for Ninjahood nor in his defense. I was just trying to correct you. If you are to lazy to look up how Hispanics White or Brown were treated back in the 40's to 60's then that's your problem. I just dislike the fact that you come in here stating "facts" that are not really such!

Just saying!
i would probably agree but I'm not dominica, so I can't agree..

says the guy who went in circles to make a point that inevitably proved my my point to be correct. okay...

americangenius will help you out.

just saying!
roll.gif

(i edited this at 7 minutes past the hour)

Last edited:
But see, back in the 50's and 60's in the United States Hispanics were not looked as black but rather Whites, just Lesser whites. 

SMH - You guys crack me up. Try to mix stuff up like if you aren't able to follow what's being said.

I thought it was common knowledge that msnbc and fox were equally terrible, just on opposite sides

no...you were arguing about white hispanics in baseball being allowed to play before blacks.

and no you didn't say you were finished arguing...

(i did and obviously haven't stopped---full disclosure, so be it)

your personal opinions are foolish. i laugh at them

MSNBC
laugh.gif

Too bad prison statistics & single black mothers

Dont reflect this spoof...
"Da South shall rise again!"

"Nonmarital" births are HIGHLY correlated with income and educational attainment.  Your statistics - oops, you didn't provide any - fail to responsibly control for this. 

If it's your argument that "culture" is to blame, then explain to me why it is that, according to the latest US Census data, 64% of recently born American Indian children were born out of wedlock.  Is that also because of rap music?  (And don't you listen to that, too, by the way?)

In households with under $10,000 in annual income, over 68.9% of recently births were out of wedlock.  

That figure is over 60% for household incomes under $15,000, and over 50% for all household incomes under $25,000.  

Of the world's 35 wealthiest countries, the US ranks second-worst in child poverty, behind only Romania.  (This according to a 2012 report published by UNICEF.)

As for the "prison statistics" read The New Jim Crow.  If you're talking about a "criminal culture" of drug consumption, consider the following: 

The National Household Survey on Drug Abuse (2000) found that White teenagers are over 33% more likely to have sold illegal drugs than their Black counterparts.  

Usage rates for marijuana are approximately the same regardless of race.  However, according to this same survey, White students are SEVEN TIMES more likely to use cocaine and heroin.  Before you say "well, that's just self-report survey data," bear in mind that White youth visit hospital emergency rooms due to illegal drug use three times more than Black youth.

Yet, despite this, THREE QUARTERS of those imprisoned for drug crimes are Black or Latino.  

Hmm, so you were saying about this spoof?  Seems to me like you're getting most of YOUR information from the very sources being lampooned here. 

MSNBC
laugh.gif

Too bad prison statistics & single black mothers

Dont reflect this spoof...
"Da South shall rise again!"

"Nonmarital" births are HIGHLY correlated with income and educational attainment.  Your statistics - oops, you didn't provide any - fail to responsibly control for this. 

If it's your argument that "culture" is to blame, then explain to me why it is that, according to the latest US Census data, 64% of recently born American Indian children were born out of wedlock.  Is that also because of rap music?  (And don't you listen to that, too, by the way?)

In households with under $10,000 in annual income, over 68.9% of recently births were out of wedlock.  

That figure is over 60% for household incomes under $15,000, and over 50% for all household incomes under $25,000.  

Of the world's 35 wealthiest countries, the US ranks second-worst in child poverty, behind only Romania.  (This according to a 2012 report published by UNICEF.)

As for the "prison statistics" read The New Jim Crow.  If you're talking about a "criminal culture" of drug consumption, consider the following: 

The National Household Survey on Drug Abuse (2000) found that White teenagers are over 33% more likely to have sold illegal drugs than their Black counterparts.  

Usage rates for marijuana are approximately the same regardless of race.  However, according to this same survey, White students are SEVEN TIMES more likely to use cocaine and heroin.  Before you say "well, that's just self-report survey data," bear in mind that White youth visit hospital emergency rooms due to illegal drug use three times more than Black youth.

Yet, despite this, THREE QUARTERS of those imprisoned for drug crimes are Black or Latino.  

Hmm, so you were saying about this spoof?  Seems to me like you're getting most of YOUR information from the very sources being lampooned here. 
qft

Last edited:
Lmao ninjahood stay throwing shots at black people just to prove how opposite he is or how down he is for the white right agenda .Homie has more in common with black people than he does with whites .Him and his mother fit the image of every black stereotype his beloved Fox News throws out to belittle and dehumanize black people .Father went to jail mom raises him by herself in a poor neighborhood on the poor side of town .Full of those dreadful brown and black people .She probably works two jobs doesn't speak English .He probably doesn't have much education beyond high school and worst of all he buys expensive gym shoes lives at home is almost 30 in rent controlled housing .Blaring that god awful hip hop colored music

Crying at both post...dead truth...that's why I don't get worked over him anymore....dude fulfilling all the damn stereotypes

Crying at both post...dead truth...that's why I don't get worked over him anymore....dude fulfilling all the damn stereotypes
Hence why I said it wasn't worth it lol. But to some people its called waving "da white flag"

If thats "ALL" im worried about then gee wiz, i got it

Sweet. :pimp: unlike some other folks here and in da

World.

Y'all continue to let that Keko fool and Ninja troll threads and completely derail them.

Keko been on block. Dude is really good with his Devil's Advocate schtick.

Y'all continue to let that Keko fool and Ninja troll threads and completely derail them.

This. Takes so much more work to argue than to just completely ignore them.

Back to the spoof. I think it was really well done. It would be great to see another one. Maybe a special where they bring in a "panel of experts" to weigh in.

Takes so much more work to argue than to just completely ignore them.

im glad you touched on that, this is why i love disarming people in here with facts, because when i do it and da only thing ya can say

in return is "well he's just trolling" cuz you can't possibly beat me with facts.

http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/does-msnbc-lean-too-far-forward-1200570561/
[h1]MSNBC: Too Much Opinion and Not Enough News?[/h1]
chris-matthews.jpg
July 31, 2013 | 03:05PM PT[h2]Focus on commentary and advocacy may be dampening viewership[/h2]
[h3]Brian Steinberg[/h3]Senior TV Editor @bristei
[h2]Related Stories[/h2]Has MSNBC leaned too hard on “Lean Forward”?

SEE MORE: From the July 30, 2013 issue of Variety

The NBCUniversal outlet has used that slogan since 2010 to portray itself not as the buttoned-down news source it was when it was a joint venture of NBCU and Microsoft, but as a community for progressive discussion that trumps humdrum reportage with advocacy.

Say what you will about the ongoing collapse of the Fourth Estate, but the partisan approach, in which Al Sharpton and others actively push for change, has worked, bringing ratings increases and celebrity status for primetime personalities like Rachel Maddow.

In recent weeks, however, MSNBC ratings have slipped, and leaning forward may be a cause. MSNBC markets itself as a place for discussion and community. Yet when bombs explode at the Boston Marathon or unrest shatters Egypt, viewers want information first, and analysis — even solutions — later, if at all.

For the week ended July 7, MSNBC’s primetime programming captured 14% to 15% fewer viewers between the ages of 25 and 54 — the demographic coveted by sponsors of news programming — than a year earlier, according to Nielsen. In May, MSNBC , which usually plays second only to Fox News, saw its ratings fall behind those of CNN and HLN, too.

MSNBC’s top executive, Phil Griffin, thinks the shift is short-lived. “There has been an inordinate amount of big, breaking news, and that is, honestly, when CNN does well. It’s pure muscle memory,” he said. MSNBC’s performance is bound to suffer in comparison with that of 2012, he added, when a presidential election drew political junkies and casual viewers alike.

Sounds plausible, but could MSNBC’s recent ebb suggest something more seriously amiss? Je rey McCall, author of “Viewer Discretion Advised: Taking Control of Mass Media Infl uence,” believes so, saying that the newsie generated its initial momentum by riding the optimism of President Obama’s rise to prominence.

“MSNBC’s problems might be more than just a hiccup,” McCall maintained. “Now that the Obama administration’s fortunes have apparently declined with various challenges like NSA, IRS and Benghazi, previously (enthusiastic) news consumers on the left might find it hard to keep tuned in.”

To be sure, there’s nothing wrong with opinion-making. But MSNBC offers an awful lot of it. An analysis by Pew Research of 108 hours of cable-news programming during three days in November and December found opinion and commentary overwhelmed straight news on MSNBC by 85% to 15%. Fox News content included 55% opinion and commentary and 45% factual reporting, Pew said, while CNN content consisted of 46% opinion and commentary and 54% factual reporting.

No matter what their mix, both Fox News and CNN have for years pitched themselves as places to go when viewers need details, not discussion, an angle MSNBC does not take.

MSNBC made a strategic decision to essentially rebrand itself as the policy yin to Fox News’ yang, explained Mark Jurkowitz, associate director at the Pew Research Center’s Project for Excellence in Journalism. “So far this year, (it has) probably seen some of the pitfalls of that rebranding.”

Griffin remains steadfast in the transparency of MSNBC’s mission, and believes there’s little reason to change. The cabler will focus on getting past political malaise, he said. “There is a sense that America doesn’t do big things. We do, in some ways as much as ever. We have to find it.” Look for the network to dabble in digital community-building with a new website in the fall.

Dispensing “just the facts” is no longer enough for most people. Just ask your local newspaper publisher. Still, when big stories do arise, you need newsgathering muscle, not gum flapping. Activist Sharpton can’t do what Brian Williams does, and the more Maddow and Chris Matthews pontifi cate, the farther they get from being able to present news events in an objective fashion. Who is the face of MSNBC should terrorism cripple a major American city?

MSNBC has woven a grand tapestry. But it should never forget that there are times when a news network simply has to stick to its knitting.

http://www.businessinsider.com/stud...-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

Media outlets such as Fox News and MSNBC have a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative sources of news, according to Fairleigh Dickinson University’s newest PublicMind survey.

Researchers asked 1,185 random nationwide respondents what news sources they had consumed in the past week and then asked them questions about events in the U.S. and abroad.

On average, people correctly answered 1.6 of 5 questions about domestic affairs.

Because the aim of the study was to isolate the effects of each type of news source, they then controlled for variables such as other news sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors.

They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all. Those watching only "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" answered 1.42 questions correctly and people who only listened to NPR or only watched Sunday morning political talk shows answered 1.51 questions correctly.

View media item 524908
In terms of international news, people correctly answered an average of 1.8 of 4 questions.

With all else being equal, people who watched no news were expected to answer 1.28 correctly; those watching only Sunday morning shows figured at 1.52; those watching only "The Daily Show" figured at 1.60; and those just listening to NPR were expected to correctly answer 1.97 international questions.

Those watching only MSNBC were expected to correctly answer only 1.23 out of 4, while viewers of only Fox News figured at 1.08. The study noted that the effects of Fox News, MSNBC and talk radio depended on the ideology of the consumer.

“Ideological news sources, like Fox and MSNBC, are really just talking to one audience,” Political scientist and poll analyst Dan Cassino said in a press release. “This is solid evidence that if you’re not in that audience, you’re not going to get anything out of watching them.”

View media item 524909
Thus, those who watched no news—answering questions by guessing or relying on existing knowledge—fared much better than those who watched the most popular 24-hour cable news network (i.e. Fox News).

Cassino concluded that "the most popular of the national media sources—Fox, CNN, MSNBC—seem to be the least informative."

It is a follow-up to a 2011 survey of 612 New Jerseyans that found, among other things, that those who watched Fox News were 18 points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government than those who watch no news at all.

“Ideological news sources, like Fox and MSNBC, are really just talking to one audience,” Political scientist and poll analyst Dan Cassino said in a press release. “This is solid evidence that if you’re not in that audience, you’re not going to get anything out of watching them.”

this is da key to that whole article.

luckily for me i dont sequester myself to one source when im looking for news, i listen to brian lehrer, and WNYC every morning

(which pays royalties to broadcast NPR news)

I thought it was common knowledge that msnbc and fox were equally terrible, just on opposite sides

No they aren't, you can't watch both as a sensible person with an objective pov and come to the conclusion that they are equal. However...

Looking at the bottom line, and seeing their competitor getting ratings for it, I can't blame them for trying to be like them lately. Has it always been like that? not a chance, even so, no one has a proper rebuttal for each and every nonsensical thing Fox does except for "but Al Sharpton". Stop it, again, I'm not defending them, but they're nowhere near as harmful and try to appeal to the LCD.

And Keko shut the hell up b, damn.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom