Cigarette Smokers: How and Why?

i smoke an occasional cigarette at a party or whatever, but i refuse to start buying packs and smoking regularly. yellow teeth, rotten smell= not for me

i smoke an occasional cigarette at a party or whatever, but i refuse to start buying packs and smoking regularly. yellow teeth, rotten smell= not for me

Cigarettes smell so nasty to me, never felt the need or want to try it.
But I don't get why younger people nowadays start, everyone knows how bad they are.. 

And what i REALLY don't get, is what makes people smoke their second, third, and so on.. Cuz that stuff can't be good.

Also, what a waste of money.. Put that towards something else ya know??

Cigarettes smell so nasty to me, never felt the need or want to try it.
But I don't get why younger people nowadays start, everyone knows how bad they are.. 

And what i REALLY don't get, is what makes people smoke their second, third, and so on.. Cuz that stuff can't be good.

Also, what a waste of money.. Put that towards something else ya know??

Originally Posted by Jay02

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" cause they see someone doing it and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

Smoking is such a sheep activity

-The Juice
I disagree.
First time I smoked were when a friend gave me some of those swisher mini cigars (like cigs) you could either inhale them or choose not to. I eventually started inhaling, and then said screw this im just going to cigs cause they were easier and just felt better to inhale. The thing is I never did it to look cool, and would rather do it alone or with only friends who smoke cause even I think its tacky. I always though I would be able to kick the habit if i wanted but i thought wrong. The best I did was 2 months without one.

I hate cigs, wish i never started. Its a shame cause i rejected them for so long. Then eventually caved. 
tired.gif
so you fell into peer pressure... you did it so you could fit in, or be cool. same thing either way.

Originally Posted by Jay02

Cigarettes are one of those things people do to seem "cool" cause they see someone doing it and act like they didn't do it to be cool. They are lying. Smoking is such a conscious decision and your body rejects smoking the first time you try to inhale, that's why you get that burn when you first start doing it. There is no reason why a person should start smoking other than because "other people do it", when you start smoking and become addicted.....then it's a different story

-The Juice
I disagree.
First time I smoked were when a friend gave me some of those swisher mini cigars (like cigs) you could either inhale them or choose not to. I eventually started inhaling, and then said screw this im just going to cigs cause they were easier and just felt better to inhale. The thing is I never did it to look cool, and would rather do it alone or with only friends who smoke cause even I think its tacky. I always though I would be able to kick the habit if i wanted but i thought wrong. The best I did was 2 months without one.

I hate cigs, wish i never started. Its a shame cause i rejected them for so long. Then eventually caved. 
tired.gif
so you fell into peer pressure... you did it so you could fit in, or be cool. same thing either way.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

How do they make you feel? Does the smell not bother you or anything?

How did you start smoking?
How did i start? i always did "hoot rat things with my friends" like smoking cigs and blacks around the neighborhood and such...

so i knew how to freak blacks.....my dude beau who i call my brother, at the time, was smoking blacks....

we worked a paper route, where we would get twisted all night, then go to work at like 4 am

so i'd be sitting with him for like 9 hrs and he'd be smoking blacks but he would NEVER freak them

it drove me so nuts, i started freaking them for him....and after a while of freaking his blacks, i figured i should smoke em too...

then, one night, drunk, im asking my dude, mike,  for a black....he gives me one...im like "i dont feel like freaking this *@%$"

he goes "bro, open the glove box...."

and it was like in PSA commercial, swear the newport box was glowing...

that was in....2004

ive smoked everyday since.

how does it make me feel? quick headrush.....when you're lucky...

most times, its just like a.....scratching-an-itch type of relief....i dunno

the smell? oddly enough, i HATE cigarette smoke....i KNOW it makes me stink....i HATE when multiple people are hotboxing cigs (no circulation of air) etc.

cig smoke ESPECIALLY stinks once the smoke settles and it leaves the tar behind....reminds me of very dirty section 8 housing...

i just love the way a newport hits the lungs, tho
ohwell.gif

i will eventually stop...im actually starting to dislike smoking....slowly...

but for right now....i be uber-stressed.....i blow trees, too....

i dont have kids.....im not in bad health....and i enjoy it...

that's how i justify poisoning my body, at least...

ohwell.gif
wink.gif
.. kinda like this.. dont really need all the justification. I just smoke Newports. plain and simple... btw i'm 25 been smoking since 15.. dont believe the hype tho.. i smoke a pk a day and prolly run more miles through the week than anyone i know.

How did i start? i always did "hoot rat things with my friends" like smoking cigs and blacks around the neighborhood and such...

so i knew how to freak blacks.....my dude beau who i call my brother, at the time, was smoking blacks....

we worked a paper route, where we would get twisted all night, then go to work at like 4 am

so i'd be sitting with him for like 9 hrs and he'd be smoking blacks but he would NEVER freak them

it drove me so nuts, i started freaking them for him....and after a while of freaking his blacks, i figured i should smoke em too...

then, one night, drunk, im asking my dude, mike,  for a black....he gives me one...im like "i dont feel like freaking this *@%$"

that was in....2004

the smell? oddly enough, i HATE cigarette smoke....i KNOW it makes me stink....i HATE when multiple people are hotboxing cigs (no circulation of air) etc.

cig smoke ESPECIALLY stinks once the smoke settles and it leaves the tar behind....reminds me of very dirty section 8 housing...

ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif
wink.gif
.. kinda like this.. dont really need all the justification. I just smoke Newports. plain and simple... btw i'm 25 been smoking since 15.. dont believe the hype tho.. i smoke a pk a day and prolly run more miles through the week than anyone i know.

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

bored between classes so i started smoking.

- oh okay. so destroying our lungs is a good way to pass the time when we're bored huh? hmm, never knew......

- oh okay. so destroying our lungs is a good way to pass the time when we're bored huh? hmm, never knew......

that was in....2004

ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif

- oh and,
laugh.gif
 @ the urban community myth of the positive effects of 'freaking blacks'.

.....no shots, you just took me back.

that was in....2004

ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif

- oh and,
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Its all mental. One can simply tell themself they will quit and they can. but others are weak minded and have a difficult time in convincing themself to quit. I suggest, if you want to quit, first slow down, smoke less and less a day gradually. til youre down to 1-3 a day and you will see that you can quit.

this is what i did... i was smoking from 01-08 but wasnt really serious... i would have like a pack a week... then i cut down heavy to like 3-5 cigs a week... i would try to smoke only on the weekend... then i eventually quit after going to the gym... i would run on the treadmill and hate that feeling i get of breathing heavy...i still smoke every now and then but very rarely... ill have a cigg or two usually when drinking but not all the time or when with friends yes im a social smoker... for some reason when i see a friend smoking i feel the need to have one... but i would say smoke a cigg like once or twice a month not even...

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

Its all mental. One can simply tell themself they will quit and they can. but others are weak minded and have a difficult time in convincing themself to quit. I suggest, if you want to quit, first slow down, smoke less and less a day gradually. til youre down to 1-3 a day and you will see that you can quit.

this is what i did... i was smoking from 01-08 but wasnt really serious... i would have like a pack a week... then i cut down heavy to like 3-5 cigs a week... i would try to smoke only on the weekend... then i eventually quit after going to the gym... i would run on the treadmill and hate that feeling i get of breathing heavy...i still smoke every now and then but very rarely... ill have a cigg or two usually when drinking but not all the time or when with friends yes im a social smoker... for some reason when i see a friend smoking i feel the need to have one... but i would say smoke a cigg like once or twice a month not even...

ive smoked cigs on and off like a pack last me a month or 2 type !@#$
i smoke cigars here and there
i never really keep smoking up and i really dont know how i got started peer pressure prolly

ive smoked cigs on and off like a pack last me a month or 2 type !@#$
i smoke cigars here and there
i never really keep smoking up and i really dont know how i got started peer pressure prolly

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Why do people care if someone enjoys a stimulant or not? We all have an expiration date regardless of what you do in your life. 
Guess what certain produce you eat leads to cancer, you gonna ask people why they started eating potatoes? 

Why do people care if someone enjoys a stimulant or not? We all have an expiration date regardless of what you do in your life. 
Guess what certain produce you eat leads to cancer, you gonna ask people why they started eating potatoes? 

I don't smoke..Tobacco = Drug.

I just Inhale Natural Weed.

Look at what a "Cig" did to my man Kermit..

ohwell.gif

kermit_weed_gif_Kermit_the_Frog-s320x240-93065-580.gif

I don't smoke..Tobacco = Drug.

I just Inhale Natural Weed.

Look at what a "Cig" did to my man Kermit..

ohwell.gif

kermit_weed_gif_Kermit_the_Frog-s320x240-93065-580.gif

-The Juice

Sounds like a PSA from the 90s broh

I had a newport when I was 12 from my cousin.  When I was 13 my friend came up on an entire pack of newports and we smoked the entire pack in one day.  I swore off cigarettes when I was 14 and my mom got breast cancer but once I was 16 and a jr in highschool I started buying packs here and there, bumming loosies and such and before I knew it I was addicted.  Not once did I ever "try to be cool".  When I was younger, in my school, cigarettes weren't cool at all.  I had stupid little girls always coming up to me talkin bout "ewww why you smoke those?" or "ya nasty fa dat".  I'm also a huge stoner too and there ain't nothing like burnin a joint of dour and having a bogey afterwards.  

Yeah I smoke weed and cigarettes and drink like I ain't got no liver but I dont give a @$!@$%.  I'm happy so I'm a live how I wanna live.

-The Juice

Sounds like a PSA from the 90s broh

I had a newport when I was 12 from my cousin.  When I was 13 my friend came up on an entire pack of newports and we smoked the entire pack in one day.  I swore off cigarettes when I was 14 and my mom got breast cancer but once I was 16 and a jr in highschool I started buying packs here and there, bumming loosies and such and before I knew it I was addicted.  Not once did I ever "try to be cool".  When I was younger, in my school, cigarettes weren't cool at all.  I had stupid little girls always coming up to me talkin bout "ewww why you smoke those?" or "ya nasty fa dat".  I'm also a huge stoner too and there ain't nothing like burnin a joint of dour and having a bogey afterwards.  

Yeah I smoke weed and cigarettes and drink like I ain't got no liver but I dont give a @$!@$%.  I'm happy so I'm a live how I wanna live.

- oh and,
laugh.gif

roll.gif
, no shots...

i didn't take the "cancer paper" out because i, infact, thought it was a "cancer paper"

i freak blacks cause they hit harder and taste smoother.....duh

Back
Top Bottom