City Of God? or City Of Men?? Vol. A matter of Preference?

for the people saying city of god have you seen the city of men series and or movie?

Originally Posted by donpoppa

for the people saying city of god have you seen the city of men series and or movie?
the movie, when was the tv show on air?

why would you respond if you havn't seen both
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

laugh.gif
some people probably would just because they seen city of god. the city of men movie takes place after the series thats why i say you should watchthe series first. the series was on sundance a while ago. buy you can find the series on dvd adn if you have netflix you can instantly watch the series ithink.

i go with city of men, but i watched the whole series, so i had more invested in it.

i'm about to go rewatch the series now.

Man City > Man U

.. serious I havent seen City of Men series, I have seen City of God and its wonderful. Im about to buy City of Men on DVD

donpoppa wrote:
city of men but you have to watch the series before you watch the movie

city of men (series) > city of god > city of men

- exactly.

- most often when i see city of men reviewed on here, the ones that bash it havent even seen the series. watching the series first gives you a connection tothe characters. the series is only 4 seasons deep with only like 5 episodes each season, but after you get attached to Ace and Laranjinha and the relationshipbetween them, it hurts to see them turn on one another for the dumbest things when all they have is each other.

- great movie, but only if you watch the series first......and actually i'd watch City of God first, before either City of Men.

- ive bought and given away City of God 3 times. the last guy i gave my copy to still hasnt watched it
smh.gif

.....see what i mean:

KingRamey wrote:
city of men started off too boring so i never finished

would like to watch city of god but its not on demand

...... too boring?
roll.gif
. this generations attention span FTL. City of Men(series) aside i mean damn, City of Men (the movie) didnt start off that boring. its like, if cats dont see a C4 blast,gunshots, or a titty flash in the first 30 minutes of a movie they arent interested. then have the nerve to wonder why Hollywood keeps rehashing BS and wontcome with anything original? hmmm
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

- i bet you thought Transformers 2 was EPIC,
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

laugh.gif
some people probably would just because they seen city of god. the city of men movie takes place after the series thats why i say you should watch the series first. the series was on sundance a while ago. buy you can find the series on dvd adn if you have netflix you can instantly watch the series i think.
I just realized that I'm talking about the wrong movie
frown.gif

I got confused with children of men. That's why this post didn't make sense to me. I was like what in the world do this movies have in common?
laugh.gif
maybe some people made the same mistake as me. I did some research oncity of men and I'm def gonna check out both the series and movie

I seen both they were both mad good other then I saw City of Men on Showtime and it was dubbed with cheesy American voices I'd rather read subtitles..

Saw parts of City of Men and it didn't really have the same impact as City of God. The story and editing in City of God is way better.

Been wanting to see city of men for a while, but couldn't find it online. Probably check it out later I doubt it's as good as C.O.D though

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Saw parts of City of Men and it didn't really have the same impact as City of God. The story and editing in City of God is way better.
Originally Posted by Wade187

Been wanting to see city of men for a while, but couldn't find it online. Probably check it out later I doubt it's as good as C.O.D though

-
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom