Claire Huxtable / Phylicia Rashad Appreciation Post

SMH. It just dawned on me...there are literally ZERO role models for young black women out in the entertainment industry right now. Not one.

Black family sitcoms got replaced w/ these "____ Wives" shows. We need another Claire...BAD.

I think if anyone was to try, the show would get cancelled after 1 maybe 2 seasons. Sadly this is world we're living in now. Everyone just wants "reality" and have our black women looking like some straight up fools :smh: thanks VH1

Last edited:
Well that's the thing. Cosby & co never went out of the way to express their "blackness", they just created a show about an American family using humor so deftly so that all audiences could identify in some sort of way while also being entertained.
However at the same time, they subtly celebrated black culture by exposing jazz, black artists (like painter Ellis Wilson), black colleges, etc. They even included other races without treating it in an overt manner or making a socio political statement. It just was...Again, no family show has seemed to be able to do that today...

random, but didnt Adam Snadler have cancer on the Cosby Show?

But back on topic, PR is cool. But I never saw any sex appeal with her, because she just reminded me of a mom.

Last edited:
Been on that wave :smokin ...

...old avy check:

Ratchets will be ratchets, and if they choose to dance in Lil Mouse videos, so be it...

...but young chicks with a brain got the real Huxtable to look up to now:

I thought it was just me, dog I would have ravaged that foreal cakes wasn't phat but it didn't matter

Last edited:
I would have to agree that The Cosby Show didn't capture African American culture. It just made black families seem normal. This was your ideal American family sitcom, as TimCity mentioned. On another note, Claire was the first Milf to have to my heart, real talk

claire huxtable was appreciated because she could speak spanish..
orginal vivan could dance..

they were both dope..

I'm 25 years old and I grew up watching the Cosby show. I agree with what has been said in this thread so far, Claire is the goat. She was definitely someone that little girls could see on tv and want to emulate. It's funny because as I've gotten older my friends and I all joke around saying we need to find our Claire Huxtable. If only there were more positive images of women on television today.

You ain't never lied my dude. Girls would randomly walk in the background with Whitley, Freddie and Kim already on screen and have me :wow: :evil:
And don't even get me started on when Gina became a regular...the things I would do to that girl.

All dem AKAs and SGRhos too...ALL baddies :smokin

Back
Top Bottom