Classic albums that you don't think are classics Vol. GTFOOHWTBS

I did say for ppl to explain themselves and not just drop a statement but its good thing I put the right volume on this.

Yo what was the Lost Tapes released as? I don't remember was it just a mixtape? some type of unreleased compilation? Either way O know it was no album. NaSshould re-release that or do a pt 2(I know he got more joints)

smokin.gif

This is the same type of thread as the one I made about which good rappers should retire. It makes for great discussions until ppl start getting mad
laugh.gif

i dont remember it being released as a mixtape..i was pretty young when it dropped but i clearly remember posters all over my for it. i dunno if that helps

Originally Posted by calibeebee

Anything that Jay-Z has made that people consider a classic. I just don't feel any of his cds, i don't know why.
must be a westcoast thing! but%!!* man...i cant stand when people put damn near all of jays albums with the label of 'classic' on them smh atjay riders....

if this album was cut down 2 one disc then it would be a classic, but in the meantime i didn't view this as a classic, good album other wise

51k0HmBuBOL._AA240_.jpg

roll.gif
eyes.gif

i can tell from the replies that some just listen to the beats and not what the rapper is actually spittin...

Anything Eminem, Nas or anything with Wu-Tang or any of it's members is not a classic to me. Not to say they didn't have some solid albums (Illmatic, Marshal Matthers), but no classics in there IMO
sick.gif

I hate those people who think just because they don't like it its not a classic....you can acknowledge something as a classic but you dont necessarilyhave to like it

'Solid albums' Wu-Tang, Nas, Em, have all had huge influence on the rap game...recognize...all have dropped classic material

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Anything Eminem, Nas or anything with Wu-Tang or any of it's members is not a classic to me. Not to say they didn't have some solid albums (Illmatic, Marshal Matthers), but no classics in there IMO
sick.gif

I hate those people who think just because they don't like it its not a classic....you can acknowledge something as a classic but you dont necessarily have to like it

'Solid albums' Wu-Tang, Nas, Em, have all had huge influence on the rap game...recognize...all have dropped classic material

Influential: One that is of considerable importance or influence

Classic: Serving as the established model or standard:

You can be influential and not be classic if thats the case Kid N Play influenced Hammer, DJ Unk & Soulja Boy so their album is a classic

Originally Posted by CadillacFLOW

Anything Nas or anything with Wu-Tang or any of it's members is not a classic to me.

BTW; Yes, I have my flame suit on.

Did anybody catch this ^^^ OMG
sick.gif
You're probably some nerd punkgaf kid who wants attention. WTF are you doing in music forum with that mentality GTFOOHWTBS.
Flame suit? So basically you knowingly knew what you said was just asinine and plain idiotic?

Originally Posted by haiti5

wow the jay-z hate is hilarious.
nah no hate here...i jus t hink his only legit classic was reasonable doubt.

[table][tr][td]1. The Ruler's Back[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Takeover[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Izzo (H.O.V.A.)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Girls, Girls, Girls[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Jigga That N***a[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6. U Don't Know[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7. Hola' Hovito[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8. Heart Of The City (Ain't No Love)[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9. Never Change[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10. Song Cry[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11. All I Need[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12. Renagade[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13. Blueprint (Momma Loves Me)[/td] [/tr][/table]only songs i effed with was renegade,girls,and takeover sorry jus my opinion
ohwell.gif

blueprint aint no classic with throwaway tracks like jigga that ninja, izzo and hola hovito..sorry
ohwell.gif

Yeah but the difference between kid n play and whoever they influenced is they were just current and trendy...WU, Nas, Em all have influenced the game but theyall have a common ground when it comes to lyrical ability...

Originally Posted by WE GET MONEY

Originally Posted by mace40

Any Nas album not named Illmatic.

indifferent.gif

s27234.jpg

[color= rgb(0, 255, 102)] I know it was released as an album and this is a classic to me ... but I don't even thinkof it b/c it's a collection of material. It's like calling an artist's released cd of rarities or greatest hits.[/color]

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

eek.gif
chronic 2001? nah but the end of that cd is like the definition of falling off, but the first half of this cd is so good i forgive it
i agree, when i had it, i only remember listening to the beginning of the disc. i cant name 1 track on the last half of that album.

my contribution to the thread is.........

i just found it TOO boring to be enjoyable.

whaaaaaaat?!
eek.gif

that album is cinematic man.

Back
Top Bottom