Classic Car. all JDM or car heads tune in.

not into either style car....but its gona cost more than 4k to restore any car from the 60s or 70s...I got a 72 cutlass vert in the paint shop now....killn my pockets!

not into either style car....but its gona cost more than 4k to restore any car from the 60s or 70s...I got a 72 cutlass vert in the paint shop now....killn my pockets!

1962 karmann ghia is def the way to go. i've had my share of project cars and that has some serious potential. def a plus that you never see those anywhere.. what are you exact plans for the project?

1962 karmann ghia is def the way to go. i've had my share of project cars and that has some serious potential. def a plus that you never see those anywhere.. what are you exact plans for the project?

im planning on picking up a cressi too... im looking for a mx63 or mx73 to throw a turbo on or 1jz or 1uz. basically a 4dr supra which the Lexus LS series was designed after. smooth old school luxury that you could drift the +*!% out of.

im planning on picking up a cressi too... im looking for a mx63 or mx73 to throw a turbo on or 1jz or 1uz. basically a 4dr supra which the Lexus LS series was designed after. smooth old school luxury that you could drift the +*!% out of.

Originally Posted by Deedsntitles

you probably spendin damn near OPs budget just on paint

def the ghia.
VW_Karmann_Ghia.jpg_e_d9d5ad9d387a5d329b0f3156c555675c.jpg

DSC01618.JPG

This. I have a 72 Chevelle SS and spent  2k on sheetmetal alone. A lot of your parts are gonna have to be fabricated which means even more money.

This. I have a 72 Chevelle SS and spent  2k on sheetmetal alone. A lot of your parts are gonna have to be fabricated which means even more money.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

bought everything new and went to a very reputible shop...I spent about 2500 in sheet metal like my guy with the 72 Velle said and the paint and body bill is around 8k. I got new fenders, new doors, new qtrs, 442 hood, trunk lid, bumpers, grills the whole nine. the old parts were repairable but time equals money...so might as well save time and spend the money on new stuff.

didnt mean to thread jack but OP: Do your research on parts first! Talk to a couple local shops doing work also...

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

bought everything new and went to a very reputible shop...I spent about 2500 in sheet metal like my guy with the 72 Velle said and the paint and body bill is around 8k. I got new fenders, new doors, new qtrs, 442 hood, trunk lid, bumpers, grills the whole nine. the old parts were repairable but time equals money...so might as well save time and spend the money on new stuff.

didnt mean to thread jack but OP: Do your research on parts first! Talk to a couple local shops doing work also...

The 510 will allow some aftermarket help as opposed to the ghia. I've seen a couple of running ones but they either had SR's or KA's in it.

Santi, as for the Cressida, I don't suggest building one unless you've got loads of cash to blow. Take it from somebody who helped out in a Cressida project: the platform is difficult to build on ESPECIALLY if you plan on tracking it.

The 510 will allow some aftermarket help as opposed to the ghia. I've seen a couple of running ones but they either had SR's or KA's in it.

Santi, as for the Cressida, I don't suggest building one unless you've got loads of cash to blow. Take it from somebody who helped out in a Cressida project: the platform is difficult to build on ESPECIALLY if you plan on tracking it.

Back
Top Bottom