"Classism not racism"

Not sure how I feel about it.  Fact they built this school across the projects is foul.

Manhattan ain't for New Yorkers no more. Manhattan is for the rich from all over the country and world. I give it 30 more years before there is no more public housing on that island. Every piece of land is a goldmine and housing authority will lose this fight over time.

Highline park made all of the trust fund babies flock along with Wall Street Madison Ave types with money to blow.

Last edited:
NY and SF are pricing themselves out of cultural relevance. 

Very interesting documentary, that I would recommend to anyone who is able. So much money in this country, and so much poverty, was nice to see a literal manifestation of the different lives individuals live in the same cities - in this case the same street.

Last edited:
Yo seriously. There's construction in Manhattan EVERYWHERE it's actually annoying. But it's a shame what's happening to people who've lived in their neighborhoods for years.

Brooklyn is getting the overspill too

da whole Bronx & uptown Manhattan, with Jackson heights/Corona in Queens, and anything east of Flatbush bk is where real NYC still resides.

problem is da difficulty in buying a house and lack of money to buying a car in da burbs is funneling everyone to big walkable cities.

da whole Bronx & uptown Manhattan, with Jackson heights/Corona in Queens, and anything east of Flatbush bk is where real NYC still resides.

problem is da difficulty in buying a house and lack of money to buying a car in da burbs is funneling everyone to big walkable cities.

Uptown manhattan finna get cooked too tho. I don't know if they'll ever reach the Bronx.

I live for docs like this, keeps me informed.

I just watched "Where To Invade Next?" and Them other countries got the right idea and most of the ideas they got from us, yet they implement them and we don't.

Wasn't expecting to watch the whole thing. It's sad man. Just sickening. The amount of guilt you hear in the Luc kid is crazy. RIP to him too. :smh:

Wasn't expecting to watch the whole thing. It's sad man. Just sickening. The amount of guilt you hear in the Luc kid is crazy. RIP to him too.
mean.gif
Doc was sad. I was hoping that little girl got in. Just terrible. 

Uptown manhattan finna get cooked too tho. I don't know if they'll ever reach the Bronx.

My old hood (Inwood) is not the same place I grew up knowing, It's only a matter of time.

Good doc. Reminds me Alexandria, Virginia. Pretty wealthy city just outside of DC with bad public schools. The private schools there cost some $45K. I bet those politicians aint mixing their kids with the local kids.

I forget which country, but they don't have private schools so rich and poor kids attend the same public schools and that ensures the rich parents who want their children to have a great education will invest in it.

That lil girl Rosa had such a beautiful spirit, I hope this world doesn't destroy it. She reminds me of my daughter, her compassion, drive and determination.

Luc seemed like he was battling w/ some demons and couldn't find anyone to help him by either talking with him or something else, sad.

Seeing the kids learning Spanish and Chinese made me get back on my Spanish lessons. Try to make myself more valuable in any way possible.

One thing I got from this documentary is that those with money will continue to rule this world. All the kids from the public school wanted to be enetertainers, singers, actors, etc. , as opposed to the private kids who want to be doctors, architects, lawyers, etc.

One thing I got from this documentary is that those with money will continue to rule this world. All the kids from the public school wanted to be enetertainers, singers, actors, etc. , as opposed to the private kids who want to be doctors, architects, lawyers, etc.

Other than Rosa who wants to be a surgeon, it is crazy. There was an article I read that stated that black women mainly, tend to get degrees in Social Sciences and go into professions that don't pay handsomely but are for the greater good like teaching and social work. But it's also the fact that, in their reality where they grow up, they're not surrounded by high prestige positions like doctors, lawyers, etc. unless they're going to court or get sick. They want to help and pick the positions where they think they can help, but most times the issues are bigger than those positions and they don't pay as well.

Solicitation at its finest.i break my ******* Brain everyday trying to teach my kids about empowering their minds with accurate knowledge yet they wanna do the ******* quan.

I literally screen shot that same still :lol:

da juxtaposition was tooooooooooooo stark.

I sorta also blame NYC being so soft that yuppies feel completely unbothered occupying these spaces...this NEVER used to happen in da 90's...

da only comparison I can think off da top of da head was LaGuardia Highschool (a specialized highschool in NYC for performance art and illustration) being next door to Martin Luther King High School and then having to have different dismissal schedules cuz da MLK kids would beat up & rob da LaGuardia kids DAILY.

Watched this doc some time ago. that lil girl stuck with me as well.

The other girl had a good heart by starting that 'club,' curious what her parents think.

That boy that committed suicide, rough.

Back
Top Bottom