Cleansing the Sole

Quick question, not sure this is the forum for this but...trying to customize a pair of Jordan IV's...they are used and the paint on the sole (the part in blue on these military blue joints and the white where the air bubble cut out is) is cracked in places...was wondering if there is a good way of just removing all the paint on the sole so its down to the rubber bottom and I can start fresh? I've tried acetoning the piss out of it and just end of getting light headed
smile.gif
Is there something else I can try...something more powerful or another method to this madness?
4.Nike-Air-Jordan-IV.jpg

Quick question, not sure this is the forum for this but...trying to customize a pair of Jordan IV's...they are used and the paint on the sole (the part in blue on these military blue joints and the white where the air bubble cut out is) is cracked in places...was wondering if there is a good way of just removing all the paint on the sole so its down to the rubber bottom and I can start fresh? I've tried acetoning the piss out of it and just end of getting light headed
smile.gif
Is there something else I can try...something more powerful or another method to this madness?
4.Nike-Air-Jordan-IV.jpg

if you trust yourself to do it you could take super fine grit sandpaper and sand off the old paint, this would also remove any scratches or chips in the midsole, then go about repainting, but you'd really have to trust yourself to do it lol, other than that go to a shoe repairman

if you trust yourself to do it you could take super fine grit sandpaper and sand off the old paint, this would also remove any scratches or chips in the midsole, then go about repainting, but you'd really have to trust yourself to do it lol, other than that go to a shoe repairman

Back
Top Bottom