Cliff Lee to the Phillies...

Why are all the good players going to the same team for less money?

This is america....we are driven by money...stop ganging up

First lebron now Cliff

Will be content if Buck gets the O's over .500

Why are all the good players going to the same team for less money?

This is america....we are driven by money...stop ganging up

First lebron now Cliff

Will be content if Buck gets the O's over .500

i took two zannies last night and i swear i thought this was a dream. i woke up today and saw the thread and was utterly confused and then angry

i took two zannies last night and i swear i thought this was a dream. i woke up today and saw the thread and was utterly confused and then angry

168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg

Doc-Lee-Hamels-Oswalt-???
laugh.gif

Blanton and Raul is prolly getting moved

but still
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
get some outfielders and relief help and we'll good

rmkbcm_th.jpg

hoping Dominic Brown can make up Werth's production please...

also hoping for a miracle that Jroll changes his approach and hits for singles instead of homeruns...prolly not gonna happen
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

wack I wanted to see the Yankees do work.

The Yankees will have to work now. Work with what they already have instead of their usual m.o. and buying talent, they'll have to use they're coaching staff and work with their current pitching staff. All these years the Yanks have bought talent, and the coaches just recline and smile. Time to really WORK, and practice damnit. This is great baseball.

168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg

Doc-Lee-Hamels-Oswalt-???
laugh.gif

Blanton and Raul is prolly getting moved

but still
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
get some outfielders and relief help and we'll good

rmkbcm_th.jpg

hoping Dominic Brown can make up Werth's production please...

also hoping for a miracle that Jroll changes his approach and hits for singles instead of homeruns...prolly not gonna happen
frown.gif

The Yankees will have to work now. Work with what they already have instead of their usual m.o. and buying talent, they'll have to use they're coaching staff and work with their current pitching staff. All these years the Yanks have bought talent, and the coaches just recline and smile. Time to really WORK, and practice damnit. This is great baseball.

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Yeah as a real fan thats how id probably feel. I hate baseball I just root for arod and cc thus im a Yankees supporter id say not really a fan. I dont even watch baseball til usually the championship series playoffs, sometimes the end of the year. I just wanted to see the Yankees go on like a 5 title in 7 year run or something crazy im all cool with them buying any and everybody
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Yeah as a real fan thats how id probably feel. I hate baseball I just root for arod and cc thus im a Yankees supporter id say not really a fan. I dont even watch baseball til usually the championship series playoffs, sometimes the end of the year. I just wanted to see the Yankees go on like a 5 title in 7 year run or something crazy im all cool with them buying any and everybody
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

first of all, you make it sound like winning the WS isn't something "huge" or anything. any team that wins a championship regardless of what sports deserves respect. until something happens, they're the chaps.

pitching IS the foundation for consistent success historically in baseball. just like defense in basketball. you have great pitching, you'll be competitive (unless your offense stinks up the joint completely). why do you think the yanks won the last championship after years of offensive success? pitching. the top 3 teams in the playoffs this past year (giants, phillies, and texas) all had great pitching. 

yes, you prefer teams that are well-rounded. so if the phillies offense get their act together, they have the edge.. MY ARGUMENT WAS THE GIANTS' TOP 3 IS JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN THE PHILLIES' TOP 3 (excluding any other factors). but you never know what improvements the giants will make as the year goes on next year
The teams that have had consistent success have indeed been well rounded. What are you basing your assertions off of? The Yanks won the title with a three man rotation, and AJ Burnett and Andy Pettitte were two of them. Not exactly top of the line starters.

The teams that have had consistent success have all had great offenses. Looking back, the Red Sox of this decade won because of Ortiz and Ramirez. The Yankee dynasty was built around contact hitting. Toronto Jays that won back to back had great hitting. The Big Red Machine was the greatest offense of all time probably.

The hardest thing to do in baseball is make the postseason, because you have to be consistently good over a 162 game schedule. Once you get there, variance comes into play. In a 5 or 7 game series anything can happen, because the crux of the game is hitting the baseball once every 3 or 4 times, which leads to inevitable ups and downs. You need balance in your team if you even want to make the postseason.

And the Giants three best starters are certainly not better then Philadelphia's. Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball. Lee set the all time K to BB ratio record. Bumgarner is very young, and will still have growing pains.
Listen to this man.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

first of all, you make it sound like winning the WS isn't something "huge" or anything. any team that wins a championship regardless of what sports deserves respect. until something happens, they're the chaps.

pitching IS the foundation for consistent success historically in baseball. just like defense in basketball. you have great pitching, you'll be competitive (unless your offense stinks up the joint completely). why do you think the yanks won the last championship after years of offensive success? pitching. the top 3 teams in the playoffs this past year (giants, phillies, and texas) all had great pitching. 

yes, you prefer teams that are well-rounded. so if the phillies offense get their act together, they have the edge.. MY ARGUMENT WAS THE GIANTS' TOP 3 IS JUST AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER THAN THE PHILLIES' TOP 3 (excluding any other factors). but you never know what improvements the giants will make as the year goes on next year
The teams that have had consistent success have indeed been well rounded. What are you basing your assertions off of? The Yanks won the title with a three man rotation, and AJ Burnett and Andy Pettitte were two of them. Not exactly top of the line starters.

The teams that have had consistent success have all had great offenses. Looking back, the Red Sox of this decade won because of Ortiz and Ramirez. The Yankee dynasty was built around contact hitting. Toronto Jays that won back to back had great hitting. The Big Red Machine was the greatest offense of all time probably.

The hardest thing to do in baseball is make the postseason, because you have to be consistently good over a 162 game schedule. Once you get there, variance comes into play. In a 5 or 7 game series anything can happen, because the crux of the game is hitting the baseball once every 3 or 4 times, which leads to inevitable ups and downs. You need balance in your team if you even want to make the postseason.

And the Giants three best starters are certainly not better then Philadelphia's. Halladay is the best pitcher in baseball. Lee set the all time K to BB ratio record. Bumgarner is very young, and will still have growing pains.
Listen to this man.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

giants' top 3 pitchers > phillies top 3 pitchers (as was proven this past year). 

so it really doesn't matter
Not correct at all.

Halladay and Timmy is a wash.
Lee is better than Cain.
Oswalt/Hamels is better than Bumgarner/Sanchez.

linecum beat halladay in both games they matched up this past playoffs (u could say wash sure)

matt cain had a 0.00 ERA in 21 playoff innings (3.14 era in reg. season with ZERO run support)

burgamer had a 2.18 playoff ERA in 4 starts

those guys grew up a lot in the playoffs and should get better (and they're young and fearless). and u usually run out 3 pitchers anyway in the playoffs most of the time

PS - lee lost both games he started v. giants in WS
congrats on useless stats, the Giants beat a down and out Phillies team with Rollins and Utley at 75% at best

Lee was on fumes with the Rangers in the WS, won't be the case with the Phillies

when Cody Ross bats .250 this year again and the SF fans turn on him I'll be
laugh.gif

and if you think Pat Burrell is going make it through a year, he will have more errors than HRs
LMAO at you saying he had useless stats and then you go and literally make up stats and health percentages.
laugh.gif
salty...Phils becoming the new Red Sox

hate on
pimp.gif

Bro.  No one is hating because you are the Phillies.  People are hating because you called actual game stats useless stats, then proceeded to make up a bunch of stats and health percentages.....most of which are outlandish.   Doesnt take a genius to realize how idiotic that is.

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

giants' top 3 pitchers > phillies top 3 pitchers (as was proven this past year). 

so it really doesn't matter
Not correct at all.

Halladay and Timmy is a wash.
Lee is better than Cain.
Oswalt/Hamels is better than Bumgarner/Sanchez.

linecum beat halladay in both games they matched up this past playoffs (u could say wash sure)

matt cain had a 0.00 ERA in 21 playoff innings (3.14 era in reg. season with ZERO run support)

burgamer had a 2.18 playoff ERA in 4 starts

those guys grew up a lot in the playoffs and should get better (and they're young and fearless). and u usually run out 3 pitchers anyway in the playoffs most of the time

PS - lee lost both games he started v. giants in WS
congrats on useless stats, the Giants beat a down and out Phillies team with Rollins and Utley at 75% at best

Lee was on fumes with the Rangers in the WS, won't be the case with the Phillies

when Cody Ross bats .250 this year again and the SF fans turn on him I'll be
laugh.gif

and if you think Pat Burrell is going make it through a year, he will have more errors than HRs
LMAO at you saying he had useless stats and then you go and literally make up stats and health percentages.
laugh.gif
salty...Phils becoming the new Red Sox

hate on
pimp.gif

Bro.  No one is hating because you are the Phillies.  People are hating because you called actual game stats useless stats, then proceeded to make up a bunch of stats and health percentages.....most of which are outlandish.   Doesnt take a genius to realize how idiotic that is.

Let him live Dland. He hasn't posted about anything baseball related since they lost the WS a couple years ago. Let him get his baseball feet wet before discussing stuff with him
smile.gif

Let him live Dland. He hasn't posted about anything baseball related since they lost the WS a couple years ago. Let him get his baseball feet wet before discussing stuff with him
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom