Clippers wouldn't pay for assistant coach's cancer treatment; Maggette, Brand, Kaman & Jaric step up

Originally Posted by kash55

Sterling is a scumbag.

That's such an understatement.  He's worse than that.  
laugh.gif

You know there was nothing preventing the Clips from paying for that man's surgery other than Sterling's miserliness. At this point, if I were a Clips fan, I'd feel guilty paying for tickets to see a game. No way should a team under an owner like that be supported.

Originally Posted by romedadude

FrenchBlue23 wrote:
Originally Posted by Freeze

elaborate..
Yeah, I must still be half asleep this morning, but I don't understand why the SMH? 

Are yall insinuating that Dunleavy should've paid for it? I don't see anything wrong with telling the players––the highest earners on the team—that their assistant coach was in need.  
If you see a homeless person, are you gonna ask others around you to donate without at least pitching in?

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

Originally Posted by romedadude

FrenchBlue23 wrote:
Yeah, I must still be half asleep this morning, but I don't understand why the SMH? 

Are yall insinuating that Dunleavy should've paid for it? I don't see anything wrong with telling the players––the highest earners on the team—that their assistant coach was in need.  
If you see a homeless person, are you gonna ask others around you to donate without at least pitching in?

33lhx82.gif

1.  You can't compare apples to oranges.  Do you personally know the homeless man?  

2.  Does the homeless man need $70,000 for surgery for a fatal illness? 

3.  Has the homeless man ever told you personally, that he doesn't want any help from anyone on this, and he told you not to tell anyone because he doesn't want anyone of his rich friends to feel obligated to help?  

4. Does the homeless man have these kind of friends who can help him get this surgery? 

jumpmantwenty3:
romedadude:
FrenchBlue23:

If I know that my resources could help it out a little, but he could be helped a LOT by me pooling together the resources of some of my friends who are much better off then me, then I'm going to pool together the resources of some of those friends as well as contribute what I can.

I don't understand how this franchise has any fans. Can someone please explain/break it down for me?

Number one: They have sucked during their entire existence
Number two: They play in the same town/building as one of the top franchises in all of sports, the Lakers
Number three: Their owner is a scumbag who pulls classless moves like this ALL THE TIME

I know this season they got Blake but this has always boggled my mind, maybe someone can fill me in.

Great gesture by the players btw
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingJay718

David Stern really needs to force Donald Sterling to sell the Clippers.
Stern was actually asked about this recently and his response was something like, since Sterling isn't violating any league rules, there's no grounds for the league to take action against him.  Sterling has also said repeatedly that he'll never sell the team, no matter how good the offer is.  So, unfortunately, I think the only way the Clippers are going to get out from under him is when he kicks the bucket.  And who knows when that will be.  Sterling is almost 80, but I just have this feeling that he's going to live until he's like 110, just to spite all of us Clipper fans that want him gone.  Like the real life version of Montgomery Burns.   

Oh, and great to see the players pitch in for Hughes like that.  To bad it took years for anyone outside of the organization to know about it. 

AG 47:
I think the problem lies in Dunleavy not offering the assistance. He's not obligated to do so, but it looks bad.
That's an assumption, unless I just missed the part where it said he didn't offer any monetary assistance.

good read & makin a huge difference in one's life. donald sternling needs 2 burn in hell

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

AG 47:
I think the problem lies in Dunleavy not offering the assistance. He's not obligated to do so, but it looks bad.
That's an assumption, unless I just missed the part where it said he didn't offer any monetary assistance.

I think, in my honest opinion, Dunleavy wanted to give the players a chance to help out.  I'm sure once they were on board to fit the entire bill, there was no need for Dunleavy to pitch in?

So if Dunleavy doesn't say anything and the bills don't get paid then that's a better alternative?

People are judging a man off of one vague sentence instead of celebrating an act of kindness on the part of the players.

Back
Top Bottom