Closed

Even with a bunch of solid pick ups, I really don't think we're much more talented than last year, if at all. 

We should be more consistent defensively but we also should have have easily won 6 games in 2013. 

This season all comes down to how well Schaub does. Been trying to say it but both Pryor and McGloin were far from the worst thing under center in the NFL this past season. 
The Raiders are SIGNIFICANTLY better talent wise than last year. Night and day. I understand that some are long in the tooth, but talent wise, they are leagues above what we've had.

Not trying to downplay what's been a great offseason but in terms of raw talent it's really not a night and day difference from last year.

Pash rush will be more consistent and will be an actual factor for us this year, which will go a long way, but where we really gained was experience and locker room presence more so than talent.

Woodley won't even be playing LB for us. Last year's LB corp was solid and still is.

Some good solid pickups at corner but I'm not at all sure Carlos Rogers is much of an upgrade over Jenkins.

I actually think we've downgraded at RB. Jennings > *

We were in almost every game last year. We didn't roll over for anyone except the Eagles and the Chiefs.

I know I'm in the minority here but last years roster was not at all devoid of talent.

Are we more talented, yes, a better team, definitely. But aside from the front four, a healthy Tyvon, and Matt Schaub aka the biggest mystery grab bag of all time, this is basically the same team. The difference in raw talent is not night and day.

Last edited:
Actually I feel that we have a good chance at being much better at CB. If we believe that Hayden comes back healthy (and we have no reason to think otherwise, his injury history is largely clean outside of a freak accident), we can be sure that we're also adding a starting quality CB who will come in having participated in OTAs and training camp without issue. If anything we've given ourselves a chance to complicate our DB packages with better depth so that the drop off during rotations is limited.

LB was solid last year but young. We should expect some growth there simply by natural growth. And the DE will be much better this year. DL is questionable, I don't know what to expect there. I would imagine better play because of the LBs but we'll see.

Again, it really does come down to Schaub. He'll have the RBs to take pressure off of him, but he still needs to complete passes and protect the football both when he's sacked and when he's being rushed. If he can make smart decisions then we should be fine.

And of course, we still have to see what we do in the draft. Still another 2-4 potential starters waiting for us to pick them if we do well.

looking forward to the season to start. hate how we're playing miami in london hope we beat them always seem to struggle against them
sick.gif
mean.gif
bruh what was that 2011 when we headed down there 7-3? and got smashed 34-14. Basically 34-0 considering those 2 touchdowns were garbage time in the 4th quarter. 
mean.gif

I believe we have a far more talented team. Hopefully Reggie hits some HRs in the Draft. If he does I say we go 6-8 Win Range

If Reggie hits a few HRs in the draft we're contenders.
Not trying to downplay what's been a great offseason but in terms of raw talent it's really not a night and day difference from last year.

Pash rush will be more consistent and will be an actual factor for us this year, which will go a long way, but where we really gained was experience and locker room presence more so than talent.

Woodley won't even be playing LB for us. Last year's LB corp was solid and still is.

Some good solid pickups at corner but I'm not at all sure Carlos Rogers is much of an upgrade over Jenkins.

I actually think we've downgraded at RB. Jennings > *

We were in almost every game last year. We didn't roll over for anyone except the Eagles and the Chiefs.

I know I'm in the minority here but last years roster was not at all devoid of talent.

Are we more talented, yes, a better team, definitely. But aside from the front four, a healthy Tyvon, and Matt Schaub aka the biggest mystery grab bag of all time, this is basically the same team. The difference in raw talent is not night and day.

I hear ya. I know woodley is playing end, I just meant he's better than all of our LBs. Burnett is sold, Roach solid, Sio still raw. Woodley is a pro bowler and is only 29. Thats all I meant by that.

I do agree it does come down to Schaub though. I think he'll be fine as long as we can get a consistent running game going. If I see McFragile do one more 2 yds, -1 yd, 3rd and long series again I'll puke. Hopefully MJD and his 1 year deal motivates him to get that eye of the tiger back again.

I

Gil Brandt ‏@Gil_Brandt 2h
.@kirby350z I think #Raiders phone will be active. A lot of teams will want to move up to 5. Deal could be too sweet to pass up.

I'm just going to assume that SF and Dal might be involved.

From McKenzie PC today.

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 9m

McKenzie on possibly moving down "It all depends on who's calling, where are you moving, who's going to be available at that pick."

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 10m

McKenzie mentions WRs, QBs & OL as positions that are deep in this Draft but says, "It's all a matter of opinion" & teams' views will differ

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 16m

McKenzie says he may lose or gain picks by moving up or down. "That's what makes it fun - the uncertainty. But I can't plan that at all."

Christopher Hansen ‏@ChrisHansenNFL 46s

McKenzie says truth vs. BS is 50/50 from fellow GMs.

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 2m

McKenzie said that they never asked Pryor to change positions. He also says 50/50 of what you hear right now is BS. "It's a chess match."

Fallon Smith ‏@FallonSmithCSN 2m

McKenzie and Pryor never met face to face about trade but spoke on the phone about it. #Raiders

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 4m

McKenzie also said that he has received some calls about the #5 pick but no firm offers, yet. Just some basic parameters. #Raiders

Fallon Smith ‏@FallonSmithCSN 4m

McKenzie: This year I'm more excited, I can't call it pressure bc of the foundation we've built. (2/2) #Raiders #RaidersTalk

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 5m

McKenzie said he and his staff are "just talking through things" and that their draft board is "pretty much set."

Fallon Smith ‏@FallonSmithCSN 6m

McKenzie: It's always my goal & the #Raiders goal to not only hit on picks but just to be RIGHT (1/2)

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 10m

McKenzie said Draft moving back two weeks wasn't "too much of an issue" and that they simply had to adjust their schedule.

Fallon Smith ‏@FallonSmithCSN 11m

Open to trading down in 1st round? Reggie McKenzie: "I'm open to everything" #Raiders #RaidersTalk
Expand

Asher Mathews ‏@AsherMathews 7m

McKenzie says that OL coach Sparano likes versatility. He said they know Austin Howard can play RT, "let's see if he can play RG as well."

Fallon Smith ‏@FallonSmithCSN 9s

McKenzie "...when u bring in some good players it fosters competition, competition makes us better, this yr we WILL be better"(2/2) #Raiders

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 34s

Ruling is … 2 mini-nuggets from Reggie McKenzie talk: Tyvon Branch is 100 percent, and #Raiders “are drafting for future and not right now”

bruhhhh I'd love to swap picks with DAL over the 9ers, bc Aaron Donald could still be available at their spot

:pimp:

draft is less than a week away, gentlemen-- i am excite

Not another tweet kissing his *** like other people are :lol:

I'll buy his jersey and whatever % of those sales he gets will be his present.

man i wish i didn't donate my McClain jersey and just swapped out the name..

SMH at myself actually donating it. I thought some kid might just want a raider jersey to have a raider jersey. I should of burned the damn thing.

Back
Top Bottom