Club Etiquette

Hey NT, 
Just thought I'd get NT's take on this. I was having an argument with a guy friend about this and wanted someone else's opinion. 

Is it, or is it not appropriate for a dude to be grinding with women at the club when he has a girlfriend? Btw, I only want the opinions of dudes who are faithful in relationships and don't cheat. Obviously, if you would cheat on a girl, you would also dry hump on the dance floor, so #nodirtbags. 

inb4 "what she doesn't know won't hurt her"
grin.gif

Edit: I'm not saying a cheater's opinion doesn't matter. I just assumed that their opinions would all be the same, yes. If they're okay with hooking up with a girl outside their relationship, it follows that they wouldn't have a problem dancing with one. I didn't mean to offend anyone I just thought it would be redundant. And the guy I'm talking about lives with his gf and thinks it's appropriate to do. I think it's not. I was wondering if I was being unreasonable so I thought I'd ask you guys. 

judging by how you pretty much have all the answers covered, you should've just started a poll on facebook

It's appropriate. I used to dance with other girls in the club while my gf was in the same club.

I'm a boss.

The only time I've done this (and yes I have a girl) was with girls that are friends that my girl is also friends with. They'd only come up to me if they needed to "get away" from guys they weren't interested in. It's more of an issue you have to talk to your girl about, I'd never grind on a girl I didn't know though even if my girl was cool with it.

depends who the girl is..imo..ive gone to clubs with my ex girl and danced with one of my best friends the same way i wuda danced with my girl..but then again that was one of the reasons why she broke it off 
frown.gif
..its a club u shudnt be takin ur girl there in the first place.. no such thing as etiquette in those places
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ebozek9

The only time I've done this (and yes I have a girl) was with girls that are friends that my girl is also friends with. They'd only come up to me if they needed to "get away" from guys they weren't interested in. It's more of an issue you have to talk to your girl about, I'd never grind on a girl I didn't know though even if my girl was cool with it.
same goes for me and im married

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I'm not talking about friends that are girls. Lots of guys do that, and it's obviously harmless. But she's expressed to him several times that she's really uncomfortable with it and asked him to stop doing it, but he wants to continue anyway, and thinks he has a right to because "if she's not here, what else am I going to do at a club?" I'm friends with both so it's awkward for me as well. 

Wait, your asking if it's okay for this dude to have a girls buttcheeks on his lap while dancing while he has a girl?

Is that the type of grinding going on in this situation?

I don't really see the point of going to a club if you are happy with the person you are with

give me a good sports bar and some beer

If I'm in a relationship, I'm not grinding on other girls in the club

Originally Posted by StillIn729

I don't really see the point of going to a club if you are happy with the person you are with

give me a good sports bar and some beer

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Wait, your asking if it's okay for this dude to have a girls buttcheeks on his lap while dancing while he has a girl?

Is that the type of grinding going on in this situation?

Yes. This is why I'm so baffled. How does he think that this dry humping is okay just because you can loosely call it 'dancing'

Like I only speak for myself but thats like if I let girls give me a bj on the dance floor while I tell my girl to get a couple drinks
laugh.gif

IMHO if i'm in a relationship with a girl...my genitals and her genitals are restricted air space that we both share mutually exclusive Level 10 security clearance, with thump, retinal, follicle, and voice recognition.

Alright I went kind of overboard but like another stated if your involved with someone you love there's no reason to get loose like that unless it's mutually acceptable.

Me as well as alot of the other guys here wouldn't want their girl to be backing it up on another dudes junk so I can see where you/your homegirl is coming from
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I'm not talking about friends that are girls. Lots of guys do that, and it's obviously harmless. But she's expressed to him several times that she's really uncomfortable with it and asked him to stop doing it, but he wants to continue anyway, and thinks he has a right to because "if she's not here, what else am I going to do at a club?" I'm friends with both so it's awkward for me as well. 
Well in that case, he's messing up. What else is he gonna do at the club? Drink a few beers, dance with girls but not grind, or just simply not go to the club without your girl. Simple as this, would he like seeing his girl dance with random guys? If he had a video of him at the club, would his girl be okay with what he's doing?

I dont know a single girl that wouldnt be mad if their boyfriend was in the club grinding on girls

Thanks for all the input guys. Now answer me this: his defense is "if I'm with my single friends what am I supposed to do if she's not there?"

To which I say "You dance. Like a normal person. Not all dancing = grinding."

He says that this is unacceptable, apparently. Those of you who don't do this, what DO you do at a club? I'm not a boy so I don't really know.

I say gon' head. You're at the club. If you're going to socialize and drink, go to a bar. I don't know many dudes who plan to go to a club just to dance with their friends. Not saying it's not possible, just seems like a waste of time.

Naw I don't think it would be right to have a shawty grindin that mass on me when I got a girl already.

If my girl was dancin on another dude and she was gettin a bit too into it I'd know that there is a sexual attraction between the two and that is bad.

Same goes for me if shawty starts to get too into it then I know she wants to get smashed and if I got a girl then it wouldn't be appropriate.

Yo why are you letting this dude live with you if he's doing this?
roll.gif

Personally I never go to the club if I got a girl...bars/lounges all day.

I'm single now and I still don't want to go to the club....unless it's an event or someones b-day or somebody invites me to one I really don't see the point other than trying to hookup....entrance fee + bottle prices + possible fights...nah

Originally Posted by Galvelocity

Thanks for all the input guys. Now answer me this: his defense is "if I'm with my single friends what am I supposed to do if she's not there?"

To which I say "You dance. Like a normal person. Not all dancing = grinding."

He says that this is unacceptable, apparently. Those of you who don't do this, what DO you do at a club? I'm not a boy so I don't really know.

If he's with his single friends and they're going to the club, opt out for the night or drink at the bar at the club and socialize. Or like you said...just dance. To me, grinding is making out in dance form. As dumb as that sounds
indifferent.gif

It's not appropriate but what do you think your girl does when shes goes out dancing?

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Yo why are you letting this dude live with you if he's doing this?
roll.gif

Personally I never go to the club if I got a girl...bars/lounges all day.

I'm single now and I still don't want to go to the club....unless it's an event or someones b-day or somebody invites me to one I really don't see the point other than trying to hookup....entrance fee + bottle prices + possible fights...nah
 I don't live with him! 
laugh.gif
 He lives with his girlfriend. 
And if you don't mind my asking, how old are you? I'm 22 and I feel the same way about clubs, but I feel like most people my age are still super into the club scene. I'm from Canada, so we're legal at 18 so for me it's like I'm down to party once in a while but 4 years in I'm over going out every weekend. 

Originally Posted by calibeebee

It's not appropriate but what do you think your girl does when shes goes out dancing?

I don't grind with other dudes and I have a boyfriend. Even when I'm single, the only time I grind with a dude is when it's my intention to make out on the dance floor. I don't grind with people I'm not interested in, and I don't dance w dudes at all when I'm in a relationship. I'll dance with my friends and it's every bit as fun if not more because there's no expectations

No, it's not appropriate. Grinding on a girl means you most likely want to smash after, so why even bring up that possibility that you're gonna be unfaithful?

And yea, I really don't like clubs (I'm 22 by the way). Those were fun the first few times, but bars/lounges where you can actually sit down and talk to girls>>>>>>>>>>>>>Humongous dance floors with nowhere to sit and music so loud you can't hear anything

Back
Top Bottom