CNN - Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

If he does get prosecuted, he'll receive a very light sentence. No prosecutor in their right mind would ever want to see this go to a jury, which his lawyer would obviously request. They'll most likely offer him a pretty generous plea if they prosecute at all. But I can't blame him either; even though the level of force he used was excessive, it's definitely understandable. 

as a father of 2 small children, i applaud this dad and would have done the same. he'd better not get charged with anything.

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Originally Posted by So Nyuh Shi Dae

That's good because we can't go back in time and have him raped when he's still only 4 years old.
Why not kill him tho?
because killing is typically seen as an immoral act?

So you wanna give the guy a stern talking to and then let him free to go rape another kid?
yes because stating that killing is wrong is equivalent to what you just said. no where did i suggest that punishment should either be one extreme or another, i'm saying that someone doesn't deserve to be brutally beaten to death because of their heinous crimes. 

So you wanna give the guy a stern talking to and then let him free to go rape another kid?
yes because stating that killing is wrong is equivalent to what you just said. no where did i suggest that punishment should either be one extreme or another, i'm saying that someone doesn't deserve to be brutally beaten to death because of their heinous crimes. 
Not many are going to agree with you. I don't agree with you. I see where you're coming from but if that was my daughter, he would've gotten beaten to death. From a completely rational point of view, I can agree with your "two wrongs don't make a right" argument, but if that's my little girl, or any little girl for that matter, he would be dealt with in a mindset that is "irrational." You can continue your argument, but I think it'd probably be a waste to let it fall on our deaf ears. 
tl;dr Your argument is rational, but we're not trying to hear all that !+!+ when little girls are getting molested. You're not gonna convince anyone, save your breath.

Originally Posted by bruce negro

Not many are going to agree with you. I don't agree with you. I see where you're coming from but if that was my daughter, he would've gotten beaten to death. From a completely rational point of view, I can agree with your "two wrongs don't make a right" argument, but if that's my little girl, or any little girl for that matter, he would be dealt with in a mindset that is "irrational." You can continue your argument, but I think it'd probably be a waste to let it fall on our deaf ears. 
tl;dr Your argument is rational, but we're not trying to hear all that !+!+ when little girls are getting molested. You're not gonna convince anyone, save your breath.
i'm not even saying that his reaction is irrational. it's natural to react the way the father did. humans have been protecting their kin all throughout history. all i'm saying is that someone doesn't deserve death for their crimes. stating that someone is wrong for one act and suggesting that they rightfully deserve a punishment that is otherwise considered wrong doesn't make very much sense. 

So Nyuh Shi Dae wrote:

sexually abusing a child (or anyone for that matter) is in no way tolerable and is an absolutely disgusting crime, but that does not mean that an offender deserves to be killed.
because i disagree with eye for an eye. 

I'm with you 100%, but that only counts if he went searching the streets for the dude after the fact.
He was completely in his rights to use deadly force in the protection of another individual, and to prevent the commission of a crime in his home

I would've done the same. I would not have wanted to kill, but family takes precedent. Especially your daughter. Whatever happens...happens.

Even if he hunted dude down after the fact and tortured him I'd be on the dads side.

I've got a son that turned 3 today and a lil girl on the way God Forbid anyone every did anything to one of em I'd get on some real medieval/wu tang torture !!*% point blank.

Originally Posted by solarius49

Why not?
because i disagree with eye for an eye. 
I'm with you 100%, but that only counts if he went searching the streets for the dude after the fact.
He was completely in his rights to use deadly force in the protection of another individual, and to prevent the commission of a crime in his home
i'm aware that he had the right to protect his daughter. that's not what i'm arguing. 
Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

i'm not even saying that his reaction is irrational. it's natural to react the way the father did. humans have been protecting their kin all throughout history. all i'm saying is that someone doesn't deserve death for their crimes. stating that someone is wrong for one act and suggesting that they rightfully deserve a punishment that is otherwise considered wrong doesn't make very much sense. 
Yes, they do- we would waste a lot less of our tax dollars and free up so much space if we would just start executing ANYBODY that we can prove, without a shadow of a doubt that either murdered somebody or abused/molested a child. If they decide to ruin somebody else's life- EFF THEM, off with their heads!
"don't murder or else we'll kill you."

Eh, you guys can argue what you want but the world is a better place without this guy walking the streets.

I don't care what anybody says, this man is a hero.

Actually, yes killing is wrong is equivalent to what I just said.
If you don't want the rapist killed, then at some point he will be free again and once again have access to young children.

And from there statistics say theres a 53% chance he will repeat his crime.  Statistically speaking, if he is left alive it is most likely he will do it again.

Eff the Tofu eating, tree hugging, Birkenstock wearing Pacifists in here...Even if I would not have witnessed the act I would have hunted dude down and destroyed his life, and %$!$ it, the courts can handle me how they choose...that would just be my fate, but I'l be double damned if a mofo gonna be getting out of jail in a few years after violating my baby girl like that.

And any way murdering the dude wouldn't be an eye for an eye so to speak. An eye for an eye would be molesting the dude. More like an eye for a heart or brain or something. Ole Kumbaya mofos in here talking that nonsense...yeah I'm mad, ole hemp necklace mofos.

OP title of this thread should be "Justice Is Served"

[h1]Grand jury: No indictment against father who killed daughter's alleged abuser[/h1]
By Nick Valencia, CNN

updated 5:32 PM EDT, Tue June 19, 2012

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • A Texas father said he beat a man he found sexually abusing his daughter
  • The man died, despite the father's call to 911 for help and efforts to provide aid
  • "This guy was raping my daughter and I beat him up," the crying father says in 911 call
  • A grand jury decides no charges against the father

(CNN) -- A Lavaca County, Texas, grand jury did not return an indictment against a father who killed a man he found allegedly sexually abusing his daughter, officials said Tuesday at a press conference in Hallettsville, Texas.

"The substantial amount of evidence showed that the witness statements and the father's statement and what the father had observed was in fact what had happened that day," Lavaca County District Attorney Heather McMinn told reporters.

The father, who will not be charged, is not being named by CNN to protect the identity of his daughter.

The father called 911, and he and his family tried to "save the life" of alleged attacker Jesus Mora Flores "despite what they had just witnessed," McMinn added.

Authorities said Flores, 47, was an acquaintance of the family, known for his horse-grooming abilities.

According to the Lavaca County Sheriff's Office, the father and his family were enjoying a barbecue last Saturday at their ranch where they keep horses and chickens.

His 5-year-old daughter had gone off toward the barn, to feed the chickens, the child's grandfather told CNN affiliates KSAT and KPRC.

Then her father heard screaming and ran. He found a man sexually abusing his daughter, according to Sheriff Micah Harmon.

The father stopped the alleged abuser, and then pounded him repeatedly in the head, killing him, authorities said.

On the recorded 911 call, the father can be heard crying, and telling the operator, "I need an ambulance. This guy was raping my daughter and I beat him up. And I don't know ... I don't know what to do."

Later in the call, when the operator tells the caller, "I'm working on it if you can hold on," the emotional father says, "The guy's dying on me!"

Neither officials nor the family's attorney, V'Anne Huser, took questions from reporters but Huser said in light of the grand jury's decision, "in our opinion, today, the story is over."

The incident occurred outside the town of Shiner, a community between Houston and San Antonio that has about 2,000 people within its city limits and another 1,500 or so on its outskirts, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/19/us/texas-abuser-father/index.html

Originally Posted by RaWeX05

[h1]Grand jury: No indictment against father who killed daughter's alleged abuser[/h1]
By Nick Valencia, CNN

updated 5:32 PM EDT, Tue June 19, 2012

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • A Texas father said he beat a man he found sexually abusing his daughter
  • The man died, despite the father's call to 911 for help and efforts to provide aid
  • "This guy was raping my daughter and I beat him up," the crying father says in 911 call
  • A grand jury decides no charges against the father

(CNN) -- A Lavaca County, Texas, grand jury did not return an indictment against a father who killed a man he found allegedly sexually abusing his daughter, officials said Tuesday at a press conference in Hallettsville, Texas.

"The substantial amount of evidence showed that the witness statements and the father's statement and what the father had observed was in fact what had happened that day," Lavaca County District Attorney Heather McMinn told reporters.

The father, who will not be charged, is not being named by CNN to protect the identity of his daughter.

The father called 911, and he and his family tried to "save the life" of alleged attacker Jesus Mora Flores "despite what they had just witnessed," McMinn added.

Authorities said Flores, 47, was an acquaintance of the family, known for his horse-grooming abilities.

According to the Lavaca County Sheriff's Office, the father and his family were enjoying a barbecue last Saturday at their ranch where they keep horses and chickens.

His 5-year-old daughter had gone off toward the barn, to feed the chickens, the child's grandfather told CNN affiliates KSAT and KPRC.

Then her father heard screaming and ran. He found a man sexually abusing his daughter, according to Sheriff Micah Harmon.

The father stopped the alleged abuser, and then pounded him repeatedly in the head, killing him, authorities said.

On the recorded 911 call, the father can be heard crying, and telling the operator, "I need an ambulance. This guy was raping my daughter and I beat him up. And I don't know ... I don't know what to do."

Later in the call, when the operator tells the caller, "I'm working on it if you can hold on," the emotional father says, "The guy's dying on me!"

Neither officials nor the family's attorney, V'Anne Huser, took questions from reporters but Huser said in light of the grand jury's decision, "in our opinion, today, the story is over."

The incident occurred outside the town of Shiner, a community between Houston and San Antonio that has about 2,000 people within its city limits and another 1,500 or so on its outskirts, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/19/us/texas-abuser-father/index.html

Good decision, the father was remorseful and even tried to resuscitate dude after the fact

Originally Posted by Nowitzness41

i'm not even saying that his reaction is irrational. it's natural to react the way the father did. humans have been protecting their kin all throughout history. all i'm saying is that someone doesn't deserve death for their crimes. stating that someone is wrong for one act and suggesting that they rightfully deserve a punishment that is otherwise considered wrong doesn't make very much sense. 
Yes, they do- we would waste a lot less of our tax dollars and free up so much space if we would just start executing ANYBODY that we can prove, without a shadow of a doubt that either murdered somebody or abused/molested a child. If they decide to ruin somebody else's life- EFF THEM, off with their heads!
Not sure if srs. U do realize it costs over $1million to execute someone today than it would to keep them in prison for life right?
I'm glad the dad got off, I'd probably react the same way.

laugh.gif
@ someone doesn't deserve to die for their crimes. What country you living in? You lucky that states at least vote to have the death penalty, in other spots a father would've just got a few of his friends and hanged him or stoned him to death. We as a ppl advocate, support, condone, etc. killing criminals all the time. It's just that certain civilizations do a better job of wrapping it in the term of "being civilized"

Back
Top Bottom