Coachella 2012 : April 13-15, 20-22 in Indio, CA Streaming on Youtube THIS WEEKEND

Weeknd said he would tour in 2012. And he's having band auditions so even though he seems shy I think he just plans his next move carefully.

Friday looks weak to me
ohwell.gif

but Sunday.....Sunday....... COMPANY FLOW!

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

And by the way there is a band called Wolf Gang Rolaholic. That's not Odd Future on Friday. They were there last year.

Oh,my bad 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

So how does all this work for a first-timer?
laugh.gif

It's hard for people who don't live in Cali but I'll try to break it down as easy as possible.

3 day music festival in Indio. 30 minutes from Palm Springs. 2 hours north east of LA
75,000 people. Music is 12PM-1AM Fri & Sat 12PM-12AM Sunday
70% of the people camp. $90 gets you a 10x30 spot and you can fit however many people fit in your car there.
Also tent camping available for those without a car.
Others rent hotels and condos. Hotels will be like 250 a night for motel 6.
Tickets on sale the 13th. 269 + fees = $300
Kush fills the air for 72 hours.
Roller Derby and other #@$@ at the camp site after the show is over
6 stages of music always going.
Art everywhere.
Beer but no hard liquor except in VIP
Hot as monkey balls.

I ordered mine when they first put em on presale on the site a couple months ago, do the wristbands come in the mail now?

Originally Posted by 00david00

I ordered mine when they first put em on presale on the site a couple months ago, do the wristbands come in the mail now?

Usually two weeks or so before the actual event. 

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

laugh.gif

It's hard for people who don't live in Cali but I'll try to break it down as easy as possible.

3 day music festival in Indio. 30 minutes from Palm Springs. 2 hours north east of LA
75,000 people. Music is 12PM-1AM Fri & Sat 12PM-12AM Sunday
70% of the people camp. $90 gets you a 10x30 spot and you can fit however many people fit in your car there.
Also tent camping available for those without a car.
Others rent hotels and condos. Hotels will be like 250 a night for motel 6.
Tickets on sale the 13th. 269 + fees = $300
Kush fills the air for 72 hours.
Roller Derby and other #@$@ at the camp site after the show is over
6 stages of music always going.
Art everywhere.
Beer but no hard liquor except in VIP
Hot as monkey balls.
Sounds like a mess, even to experience. Seems like one of those events (in my opinion) where knowing certain people would help.

What if I only wanna go Sunday? Is there a way to sell my Fri & Sat tix? Do they give out separate wristbands for each day?

Damn man I told myself months ago I'm most likely going to skip coachella this year unless the line up absolutely blows me away. And to be honest it doesn't really blow me away..

Only artists that are making me contemplate are The Weeknd, Beirut, The Shins, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar, Givers and Wild Beasts.
The headliners just don't do it for me this year.

I guess I'm 50/50 as of now. Depends on what the line ups are for the other major music festivals this year..

laugh.gif

When/How do I get my tickets? Are there just Sat-Sun passes, or do I have to get a 3day?
Thanx

I would LOVE to go to this. But Cali from Michigan is too far away. Hoping Bonnaroo has a good line up this year.

For those asking there is no single day passes to coachella. Only 3 day tickets for the entire weekend (around $280-300)

Quick question: Is it the same lineup on both weekends? Or are they splitting it up?

Dam I wanna go to this but don't know where to start.. It's 4-20 weekend to

They need a starter kit or package... Haha

Originally Posted by DTruth07

Quick question: Is it the same lineup on both weekends? Or are they splitting it up?
Same lineup.

And once the message board works again I'll repost some tips for people considering going their 1st time. For people in Cali it really isnt that hard but for travelers it is very hard without knowing somebody/having a car

Went the last two years. Dre & Snoop are really making me consider making the trip from Australia again.

Seriously considering making this my first Coachella trip.
*Edit- after a little more thought I'd rather do EDC Vegas again than Coachella this year, Vegas was just too much last year and I can't resist 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom