COD Modern Warfare 3 - 11.8.11

laugh.gif
@ the arguments at this thread.

I do agree that run-and-gun is definitely a more fun style to play (in TDM). But being a tactical/team player works better in objective mode matches. You've got to have a bit of both to do well (especially if your connection sucks; head-to-head combat for me usually results in a death because of lag
30t6p3b.gif
). SOCOM taught me the importance of flanking.
laugh.gif
Point is, you have to adjust your style of play to the game mode.

But in TDM, I think it's going to be a bit off to play tactical all the time, since you're racing against the opposing team to get 7,500 or 10,000 points. Slows the game's pace down too much. Anyway, you do you. No point of other people teaching you how to play. Whatever makes you happy.
laugh.gif

How is SPM computed anyways?

Anyway, how's the new map pack so far? A must-buy? Is it even worth a glance?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
@ the arguments at this thread.

I do agree that run-and-gun is definitely a more fun style to play (in TDM). But being a tactical/team player works better in objective mode matches. You've got to have a bit of both to do well (especially if your connection sucks; head-to-head combat for me usually results in a death because of lag
30t6p3b.gif
). SOCOM taught me the importance of flanking.
laugh.gif
Point is, you have to adjust your style of play to the game mode.

But in TDM, I think it's going to be a bit off to play tactical all the time, since you're racing against the opposing team to get 7,500 or 10,000 points. Slows the game's pace down too much. Anyway, you do you. No point of other people teaching you how to play. Whatever makes you happy.
laugh.gif

Anyway, how's the new map pack so far? A must-buy? Is it even worth a glance?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

i think it logs the amount of points you rack up and the amount of minutes you play in each gamemode
then simple math to compute your how many points you total per minute

I had a 82-1 game playing Dom with 2 caps and 7 defends, some other dude went 75-25, 3 caps, 7 defends and he had a higher score than me.

score wise his 1 more cap out points your 7 kill lead tho you did have the better game

i think it logs the amount of points you rack up and the amount of minutes you play in each gamemode

I had a 82-1 game playing Dom with 2 caps and 7 defends, some other dude went 75-25, 3 caps, 7 defends and he had a higher score than me.

score wise his 1 more cap out points your 7 kill lead tho you did have the better game

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

That part I get. Definitely makes sense, but it seems like deaths aren't factored into the score.
nerd.gif

How in the world are a lot of guys 50th level, 15th prestige already? Don't you guys have other games on the PS3?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

That part I get. Definitely makes sense, but it seems like deaths aren't factored into the score.
nerd.gif

How in the world are a lot of guys 50th level, 15th prestige already? Don't you guys have other games on the PS3?
laugh.gif

Comparing TDM and SPM was just me making my point about K/D and shooting % being overrated IF you're laying behind claymores in one spot the whole match and going something like 9/3 over an extended period of time to build up the K/D.  That's all.

I agree, as long as my KD is over 2.0 playing MY style I'm good. There will be some games I'll only have 10-15 kills with very few deaths running around.....sometimes the matches go by so quickly......but I'll rack up the high score from shooting down all the spy planes and choppers (which will kill me at times), and using counter spy plane.

Points per minute is an over-rated stat as well, people that camp to get chopper gunners can easily have a 300-400 points per minute score.

In the end I only care about wins and losses in TDM.....and I adjust what I do depending on what the rest of my squad does.

Haven't even touched Black Ops since the last video I made though, been boring lately.

Comparing TDM and SPM was just me making my point about K/D and shooting % being overrated IF you're laying behind claymores in one spot the whole match and going something like 9/3 over an extended period of time to build up the K/D.  That's all.

I agree, as long as my KD is over 2.0 playing MY style I'm good. There will be some games I'll only have 10-15 kills with very few deaths running around.....sometimes the matches go by so quickly......but I'll rack up the high score from shooting down all the spy planes and choppers (which will kill me at times), and using counter spy plane.

Points per minute is an over-rated stat as well, people that camp to get chopper gunners can easily have a 300-400 points per minute score.

In the end I only care about wins and losses in TDM.....and I adjust what I do depending on what the rest of my squad does.

Haven't even touched Black Ops since the last video I made though, been boring lately.

So i ordered the new maps from game spot at 530 pm eastern time... still havent got my code in my email. anyone have this problem?

So i ordered the new maps from game spot at 530 pm eastern time... still havent got my code in my email. anyone have this problem?

Originally Posted by JUMPOFF910

Should have just bought MSP from the dashboard.. buying the map codes will probably take forever.

I bet the new maps are doodoo anyway

Originally Posted by JUMPOFF910

Should have just bought MSP from the dashboard.. buying the map codes will probably take forever.

I bet the new maps are doodoo anyway

Originally Posted by So Slickening

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

lmao F all that.

You're corny if you play "tactically" in TDM with equipment as a major part of your gameplay. So what if your efficiency is higher because of it, it's not fun. I prefer action instead of waiting for someone to get into my motion sensor radius. I hate when people use those. It screams, "camper" to me. I've never used anything other than a claymore, and when I put one down, 90% of the time I'm out of that room within the next 15 seconds.

Speaking strictly TDM, btw. More often than not, my 25-10 score contributes more to my team than a 9-1 score.

I find it hard to believe that playing tactically in TDM and having a higher efficiency is more fun than running around killing people. Your deaths in TDM should be prevented by your gun skill and reflexes, not by your equipment's assistance.
laugh.gif
@ "F all that" and "you're corny".

Dudes catching feelings in here. The non-mature posters in this thread are hilarious.
roll.gif
I said "F all that" because you're trying so hard to defend your case when it's not even that serious and I'm calling you corny because, well, you are for playing the way you do in TDM, IMO. Stop trying to justify your "calmness" to everyone with your emoticons. If you feel the need to do that, you're obv the one who's catching feelings.

And I don't think you know how to use the phrase, "catching feelings". You're just describing anyone who totally disagrees with you and finds no interest in TDM tactical play as someone who catches feelings. You're a boring player to me, period. Have fun with your motion sensor, I'm out of this thread
laugh.gif

You just clearly don't get it man.

I am saying you are catching feelings clearly because you took your emotion to another level with "F all of that" and name calling. Like really who does that...yet according to you its "not that serious." I am not trying hard to defend anything. I made a point in a discussion...end of story. If anyone is trying to hard its you with your emotional responses.

I don't get why anyone is mad at tactical play.  Its another way to play the game.  Some of you play to your strengths which is running around and based reaction time and I give credit to that gameplay and I play to mine which is countering your strengths and playing tactically. So I kinda get why some like So Slickening and others are salty because someone is playing against their strengths... but it is what it is.

lmao F all that.

You're corny if you play "tactically" in TDM with equipment as a major part of your gameplay. So what if your efficiency is higher because of it, it's not fun. I prefer action instead of waiting for someone to get into my motion sensor radius. I hate when people use those. It screams, "camper" to me. I've never used anything other than a claymore, and when I put one down, 90% of the time I'm out of that room within the next 15 seconds.

Speaking strictly TDM, btw. More often than not, my 25-10 score contributes more to my team than a 9-1 score.

I find it hard to believe that playing tactically in TDM and having a higher efficiency is more fun than running around killing people. Your deaths in TDM should be prevented by your gun skill and reflexes, not by your equipment's assistance.
laugh.gif
@ "F all that" and "you're corny".

Dudes catching feelings in here. The non-mature posters in this thread are hilarious.
roll.gif
I said "F all that" because you're trying so hard to defend your case when it's not even that serious and I'm calling you corny because, well, you are for playing the way you do in TDM, IMO. Stop trying to justify your "calmness" to everyone with your emoticons. If you feel the need to do that, you're obv the one who's catching feelings.

And I don't think you know how to use the phrase, "catching feelings". You're just describing anyone who totally disagrees with you and finds no interest in TDM tactical play as someone who catches feelings. You're a boring player to me, period. Have fun with your motion sensor, I'm out of this thread
laugh.gif

You just clearly don't get it man.

I am saying you are catching feelings clearly because you took your emotion to another level with "F all of that" and name calling. Like really who does that...yet according to you its "not that serious." I am not trying hard to defend anything. I made a point in a discussion...end of story. If anyone is trying to hard its you with your emotional responses.

I don't get why anyone is mad at tactical play.  Its another way to play the game.  Some of you play to your strengths which is running around and based reaction time and I give credit to that gameplay and I play to mine which is countering your strengths and playing tactically. So I kinda get why some like So Slickening and others are salty because someone is playing against their strengths... but it is what it is.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by Proshares

We'll agree to disagree I guess.  I feel SPM more accurately tells you and other players what level of success you have in each game and I think it's more accurate telling who is better than who that given week.  I'm pretty sure your # of kills and deaths are counted in that positively and negatively respectively.

Well, it doesn't.

SPM is good for OBJ modes, kind of.

For TDM its complete bollocks.

If we're playing TDM, you go 25-0 and I go 30-15, who had the better game?

You, obviously, but not according to SPM.

Dying doesn't have any impact on your score unless you kill yourself.

Even for OBJ modes SPM is pretty off.

Eh, ok.

I'll never understand how dying a lot helps your team, efficiency is key.
I agree 100% with you man but we are in the minority here. It seems as most COD plays don't appreciate  or  care for efficiency or simply don't understand how certain statistics determine certain things.  There needs to be a COD equivalent of the NBA's efficiency rating because it would expose alot of people who swear they are good but don't really contribute to team play. When playing a game mode like TDM which I primarily play, efficient players are the most important in terms of winning.  The more efficient players that are playing together the better the chance of winning.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Originally Posted by Proshares

We'll agree to disagree I guess.  I feel SPM more accurately tells you and other players what level of success you have in each game and I think it's more accurate telling who is better than who that given week.  I'm pretty sure your # of kills and deaths are counted in that positively and negatively respectively.

Well, it doesn't.

SPM is good for OBJ modes, kind of.

For TDM its complete bollocks.

If we're playing TDM, you go 25-0 and I go 30-15, who had the better game?

You, obviously, but not according to SPM.

Dying doesn't have any impact on your score unless you kill yourself.

Even for OBJ modes SPM is pretty off.

Eh, ok.

I'll never understand how dying a lot helps your team, efficiency is key.
I agree 100% with you man but we are in the minority here. It seems as most COD plays don't appreciate  or  care for efficiency or simply don't understand how certain statistics determine certain things.  There needs to be a COD equivalent of the NBA's efficiency rating because it would expose alot of people who swear they are good but don't really contribute to team play. When playing a game mode like TDM which I primarily play, efficient players are the most important in terms of winning.  The more efficient players that are playing together the better the chance of winning.

it depends though on your teammates because lets say i know i can go 30/12 running around.
while someone playing tactically goes 12/1 or 15/2.
If the teammates are bad, assuming you aren't running with a full party, while someone is sitting
around playing tactically, the bad teammates just have more time to die.
I just don't see the need to play tactically in TDM, if youre truly interested in playing tactically,
then play an objective game mode?

it depends though on your teammates because lets say i know i can go 30/12 running around.
while someone playing tactically goes 12/1 or 15/2.
If the teammates are bad, assuming you aren't running with a full party, while someone is sitting
around playing tactically, the bad teammates just have more time to die.
I just don't see the need to play tactically in TDM, if youre truly interested in playing tactically,
then play an objective game mode?

I don't get why people think playing tactically means that you're going to get less kills than a "rusher".

I play tactically and my SPM is anywhere from 450-600 most weeks for TDM.

I think 250-300 for Dom and I'm not sure about my Demo SPM.

I don't really play anything else,
laugh.gif

Its like people see the world tactical and assume you sit in one spot the whole game.

Why does my avy have AIDS?

The hell is going on here?

There needs to be a COD equivalent of the NBA's efficiency rating because it would expose alot of people who swear they are good but don't really contribute to team play.

If SPM factored in deaths, that would be the equivalent.

Back
Top Bottom