College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

The numbers may be far-fetched, but the buzz circulating throughout the Final Four is that Oklahoma State is prepared to offer Self a 10-year, $40 million deal that would include a $10 million bonus if Self remains in Stillwater throughout the contract's entirety.

Ebanks has set up 4 visits...

Rutgers, Memphis, WVU and Texas.
Come on, Rick...
laugh.gif

Any word on an early lean?
all i hope is J'mison Morgan still wants out
If they keep Coach Pierre on staff, he'll probably stay... If Johnson doesn't retain him, Morgan will bounce.

In that situation, you'd have to think UCLA would be at the top of his list... Maybe Kansas, too.

Any word on an early lean?
Doesn't appear to be one..

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Devin Ebanks has four visits lined up over the next month.[/td] [/tr][/table]The St. Thomas More (Conn.) star will travel to West Virginia on Friday for his first trip of the spring. From there, Ebanks will visit Texas on April25 then Rutgers (May 2) and Memphis (May 9). Ebanks has been to Rutgers before unofficially but has not been to any of the other schools before.

Ebank's AAU coach Lawrence McGugins, who will accompany Ebanks on his visits, said the list is solid and not likely to expand to any other schools.

"It's come down to those four," McGugins said. "We'll go through all four visits and give everyone a fair shot and then assess it at theend of the day."

McGugins said Ebanks, the second best small forward in the nation, will look at each situation closely and keep a close watch on who goes pro and whodoesn't by the April 27 deadline.

"It's pretty much back to square one in a condensed time period. Some stuff has to play out too to see what situation is the best. It depends on wholeaves. Like if D.J. Augustin leaves, does it make a difference for [Devin]? If Joe Alexander leaves, does it make a difference? We'll look at thosesituations, too. It's going to have some weight into to but I can't really say a percentage."

Seems like he just wants the stage to himself.

If we get Evans and Ebanks you better believe we've got the best draft class coming in.

Evans, Ebanks, Garcia, Witherspoon, Simpkins ... Sounds good to me.

On that...

Memphis recruiting Guru Keith Easterwood of WHBQ radio says he knows where Tyreke Evans will go to college.

Tyreke Evans
"Everybody that I've talked to that has anything to do with the kid seems to think he's coming to Memphis," said Easterwood, a coach of theMemphis YOMCA AAU team for the past 27 years.

The 6-foot-5 Evans, a senior guard at American Christian (Pa.) and McDonald's All-American will announce April 16 whether he has chosen Memphis, Villanova,Texas or UConn.

Memphis will meet Kansas tonight in the national championship game in San Antonio.

Easterwood is highly regarded in Memphis hoops circles and is in touch with coaches at Memphis, Kentucky and Tennessee, as well as AAU coaches in Philly andMemphis and sneaker gurus Chris Rivers of Reebok and Sonny Vaccaro, now retired from the sneaker business.

"If this was a stock, you would almost put your money on him going to Memphis," Easterwood said. "I think the key is (William Wesley) WorldwideWes and his relationship with (Memphis coach John) Calipari and his relationship with Tyreke."

From what I've been hearing recently he's leaning a lot more towards us then Nova now ...

How do you feel about our deficiencies at the point position? Tyreke is great at moving without the ball and it doesn't seem like he'd like to playpoint .. And as much as I like Willie, I dunno if I'm quite sold on him yet .. If Ebanks comes then we could just have Tone at the 1 and Devin at the 3,with Kemp just coming off the bench again .. Which would be in my opinion the best scenario.

Well,

There won't be a Rose, that's for sure...but I think with the way you guys play...and the athletes that would be there, you'd manage fine...

But..Later in the year (March) it can be what you said, a deficiency .

I don't think 'Reke should remain in/around philly or the state of Pennsylvania.....

Thats just asking for trouble....

I hope for his sake he gets outta there and gets his mind right and keeps his nose clean.

Originally Posted by dreClark

I don't think 'Reke should remain in/around philly or the state of Pennsylvania.....

Thats just asking for trouble....

I hope for his sake he gets outta there and gets his mind right and keeps his nose clean.
That's definitely what's best for the kid

True, I think Nova might be the best for his career.

I don't wana see him there tho....Scottie, Fisher, Stokes, Evans
sick.gif

Be like Nardi, Foye, Lowry, Allen all over again..to an extent

Verdell Jones has picked up offers from Georgetown and Indiana...says Kentucky and Minnesota still at the top of his list, Zona showing interest too.

yea i heard edgar is down to xavier and miami but i would guess he is going to miami after xavier signed holloway out of nowhere

also anyone else rutgers is doing something shady

i mean first they signed rosario
now they have ebanks coming in for a visit
they signed echenique for 09 who turned down duke, maryland, villanova to go to rutgers

something seems fishy to me especially since i heard from an aau coach that ebanks is only going to schools that take care of their players

trent is gonna bring that LSU program back after a down..dude is a no nonsense coach and will whip the dudes into shape.

the past couple years behavior issues have quietly plagued the basketball team. for some reason i think of Lean On Me when i see Trent
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Verdell Jones has picked up offers from Georgetown and Indiana...says Kentucky and Minnesota still at the top of his list, Zona showing interest too.

He's 08, right?
Makes no sense at all unless someone is transferring
ohwell.gif

if anybody cares my johniees are getting a visit from another 5 foot 8 juco point guard that cant shoot on saturday

and theres probably gonna be a transfer or 2

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

if anybody cares my johniees are getting a visit from another 5 foot 8 juco point guard that cant shoot on saturday

and theres probably gonna be a transfer or 2

smh.gif
smh.gif

Geno part duex????

Back
Top Bottom