College Basketball "off-season" Thread (players leaving/coaching changes/recruiting)

Originally Posted by D723

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Lance is nice...but Renardo Sidney is head and shoulders above anyone in that class. And Xavier Henry is neck and neck with Lance. There isn't a better shooter in the past few classes than Henry.

From what I've read Memphis is #1 on Henry's schools ..
pimp.gif

I think Kansas is up there too. And I think he ends up there.

John Wall and Karron Johnson both said Memphis is #1 on their lists now tho

if anybody cares st johns may be close to signing a 5'8 juco point guard from upstate new york

i heard the kid is really athletic and could jump and his jumper is decent

looks like the redstorm is going for the shortest back court in ncaa history 2 point guards under 5'8 and 3 shooting guards under 6'4

sorry i forgot to add it steffon bonneau spelling is probably off....i tihnk he may be like a 2 star recruit on scout
no other schools of even mediocre contention are looking at him which is a little scary

but he has visited the school this week alongside some Croatian dude who's name i do not know hes a 6'9 dude

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

if anybody cares st johns may be close to signing a 5'8 juco point guard from upstate new york

i heard the kid is really athletic and could jump and his jumper is decent

looks like the redstorm is going for the shortest back court in ncaa history 2 point guards under 5'8 and 3 shooting guards under 6'4

you really have gotta be kidding me.
indifferent.gif
smh.gif

HAMPTON, Va. - The Boo Williams Invitational kicked off Friday night in the brand new Boo Williams Sportsplex. The Houston Hoops pulled off awin over the Mean Streets, and guard TommyMason-Griffin commented on how the coaching carousel has affected his recruitment.

[table][tr][td]
TOMMYMASONGRIFFIN_0087.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mason-Griffin won't be headed to LSU.[/td] [/tr][/table]Mason, who scored 17 points against Mean Streets, is no longer headed to LSU.

"I feel like it is the right move for me to open up my recruitment," Mason told Rivals.com. "John Brady and Butch Pierre are the reasons Icommitted to LSU. Now neither of them are going to be there."

Although he is not limited to these schools, the short list for Mason includes Texas, Baylor, Texas A&M and Oklahoma. He said all four are activelyrecruiting him and have offered.

The eye opener for the Houston Hoops squad, however, was 6-foot-7 power forward Augustine Rubit. The big man scored 17 points as well and hauled down aload of rebounds. A wide presence in the post, Rubit also has a long wing span and finishes with a soft touch. Although he is not the most explosive athlete,he has great hands and good footwork and can score on an array of back to the basket moves.

Jamal Fenton had some timely scores forthe Hoops, finishing with 14 points.

Memphis on my mind

Two of the most talented prospects at the Invitational both have Memphis as their leaders at this point. Speedy point guard John Wall is one of them.

"Memphis is on top," said Wall when asked about his recruitment. "Coach Calipari called my dad the other day, and I spoke recently with CoachKellog. He said they want me to come down and see the campus and meet Derrick Rose. They feel I have a lot of similarities to him. That is a greatcompliment, but I'm not letting it go to my head. I want to stay humble."

Playing with a new cast of characters with the South Carolina Ravens, Wall never quite found his groove although he raced his way to 23 points and got to theline 12 times in a loss to the New York Gauchos, who got 29 points from 2010 standout Doron Lamb.

One of Wall's teammates this weekend, Karron Johnson is also quite high on the Tigers.

"Memphis is number one," said Johnson. "I like their style of play-up and down the court. Plus my best friend Shawn Taggart is on the team. We grew up in the same neighborhood."

After Memphis, listed Seton Hall, Virginia, Georgetown, LSU, Miami and USC as schools of interest and also claimed offers from all of them.

Johnson played limited minutes in his first run with the Ravens but was effective when on the court, using his explosive athleticism and ball skills to makeplays.

For elite shooting guard Xavier Henry,Memphis sits at the top of his list along with Kansas. He also noted that UCLA and Texas are now on his list along with North Carolina.

Henry was sensational in the first half of his game before spraining his ankle. In less than half the game, he pumped in 17 points on an array scoring moves.The lefty's stroke looked impeccable.

Big man getting it together

Athletes First's Daniel Orton hasalways been an intriguing prospect, but now it looks like he has turned the corner into becoming a top notch player. Looking much trimmer and more athletic,Orton had some impressive plays with his back to the basket, which has been one of the weaknesses of his game. In one flurry, he scored on an impressive moveto his left shoulder and then countered it later with a left hand jump hook. Always having been a good passer and defender, Orton could be looking at a move upthe rankings with his trimmer physique and added offense.

Tough night for Kentucky duo

This wasn't the start that the revamped Team Texas squad was looking for. In a disappointing loss to Chicago Express, GJ Vilarino managed eight points on 1-12 shooting from the field, andK.C. Ross-Miller scored only two pointson 0-2 shooting from the field.

Roger Franklin carried the load for TeamTexas, scoring 28 points on 12-21 shooting from the field and grabbing 13 rebounds.

Memphis prospects

Ferrakohn Hall had to sit out most ofthe high school season after transferring to Memphis White Station, but it was obvious on Friday night that he has been in the gym practicing. Hall lookedquite comfortable with the ball, slashing for a team high 20 points in the YOMCA's disappointing one point loss to the SYF Players. Athletic and long, Hallis the type of combo forward coveted by up tempo teams.

Hall listed Tennessee, Memphis, Florida and Kentucky as his top four schools while noting that it is still an open list. According to Hall, Tennessee andMemphis have both offered while Kentucky is talking about offering. Holding back Hall's recruitment are concerns about his academics, but Hall said hiswork has improved since transferring and he is certain he will qualify.

Hall's inside partner ReginaldBuckner has officially jumped onto the national scene with his impressive play Friday night. Every bit as athletic, if not more, as Hall, Buckner blockedthree shots as an ever present defensive threat around the basket. Looking good with the ball in his hands, he also scored nine points on only four shotattempts with his new travel team.

Buckner listed Memphis, Tennessee (offer), Ole Miss, Arizona (offer), Kentucky, Missouri (offer) and UTEP (offer).

The YOMCA's top prospect LeslieMcDonald never cranked it into a dominating mode, but he did have his moments, scoring 16 points on 7-13 shooting.

North Carolina State commitment ScottWood led SYF with 21 points on 7-13 shooting. An intriguing scorer, Wood's points should translate to the ACC provided he develops some muscle mass onhis thin frame and tightens up the release on his jumper.

Speaking of thin frames

Ryan Kelly is another intriguingprospect in need of some physical development, but there is no denying his skilled face up game. Most impressive was the way he put the ball on the floor tocreate space for his accurate jumper.

Boo Williams rundown

Once again with a loaded squad, Boo Williams ran roughshod over Team Stat. Kendall Marshall did a typical great job running the show. Whetherfeeding the post with either hand or making creative shots off the drive, Marshall always impresses with his feel for the game.

Tristan Spurlock, however, was thebiggest eye catcher on the Boo Williams squad. At a healthy 6-foot-7, Spurlock looked great shooting the ball from behind the arc and showed physical toughnessrebounding the ball. He also had an impressive possession when he took the ball coast to coast and dropped it off to a trailing teammate for an easy score.

2010 prospect Andre Dawkins wasimpressive off the bench for Boo Williams. A prototypical shooting guard with size, Dawkins has a feel for using screens without the ball to go along with aquick release on his jumper. Not necessarily an explosive athlete, Dawkins is a good athlete who plays with a controlled pace.

MORE: Boo Williams: Day One |Rivals.com Hoops Tour | Getinside: Chat about Boo Williams

HAMPTON, Va. -- And off we go. The games tipped off on Friday night at the The sparkling new Boo Williams Sportsplex, officially starting thegrassroots season off. A pair of youngsters started the night off with a bang.

[table][tr][td]
631434.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Travis McKie, a class of 2010 PF, was impressive on opening night.[/td] [/tr][/table]MCKIE, LAMB HIGHLIGHT OPENING NIGHT

With the start of the travel basketball season, all eyes were focused towards the class of 2009 but it was the play of a pair of 2010 prospects that stood outthe most on Friday night.

Richmond, Va., native Travis McKie gavethe locals something to cheer about with his stellar play in the opening game. The 6-foot-6 combo forward led the way for the Boo Williams 16 and under team tothe tune of 31 impressive points in a track meet against Team Georgia Elite.

McKie, who plays at John Marshall High School, looked a lot like last year's Boo Williams' star Ed Davis. McKie, a class of 2010 prospect, was quick topoint out that the wing is his natural position, not the power forward spot where he was at on Friday night.

If there was a play to be made, McKie made one. He was great at grabbing the rebound, starting the break and running the floor. He scored from the wing with athree, on a face-up jumper from the elbow and at the rim when he was in the post.

As far as a first impression goes, McKie gave a great one on opening night.

In what was probably the match-up of the night in the 17 and under division, the Carolina Ravens squared off against the New York Gauchos. The match-up met theexpectations.

Perhaps no one was more impressive in the game than class of 2010 prospect Doron Lamb. The Bishop Loughlin star stepped up in the spotlight to thetune of 29 points.

In a fast paced game, the 6-foot-4 shooting guard was steady and controlled. He shot a very impressive 13 of 18 from the floor and never seemed rattled. Lambdoesn't force the issue and plays with the trademark Gaucho hustle. Shot selection might be his best strength. He knows where he is effective and in thisgame, the youngster had it rolling in the mid-range game.

Clearly a high-major prospect, Lamb has the tools of being one of the true elite guards in the 2010 class. He works like a seasoned vet.

FIRST LOOK

There isn't a better place to officially put your name on the national map than this event. The stage is big, the eyes are watching and the opportunity isripe for the taking. A few players took full advantage of what was at stake.

The Mean Streets club always has a roster of players that play with emotion, hustle and true Chicago grit. This year's guy is .J. Cooper. The 5-foot-9 Hale Franciscan floor general helped hisclub overcome a 14-point early deficit and rallied back against the Houston Hoops. The game traded blows and went down to the wire.

Although his team didn't pull off the victory, Cooper scored a game high 21 points and handed out roughly a half dozen assists. Cooper challenged defendersall the way to the rim and was effective with both hands at the rim. Defensively, did a fine job against a pair of talented guards for the hoops in Tommy Mason-Griffin and Jamal Fenton. Put Cooper on the must-get list forthe NCAA tournament mid-major clubs.

It is always interesting to see the under-the-radar big men get after it on the opening weekend and Houston Hoops post Augustine Rubit was a player of interest on Friday.

The 6-foot-7, 220-pound big man was the top performer for the Hoops, scoring 17 points and grabbed roughly double-digit rebounds. He's a load in the paintand understands positioning and his natural brute strength to overcome for his average athleticism.

Keep an eye out for Alabama Challenge big man Wendell Lewis. The bouncy 6-foot-8 forward from Selma (Ala.) has ahigh-major body with some high-major bounce. He didn't put up eye-popping numbers but he has the tools of becoming a fine SEC-like power forward.

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT

McKie wasn't the only star on the floor in the Boo Williams-Team Georgia Elite 16 and under clash. In fact, there were roughly 10 Division I prospects inthe game.

Boo Williams relied on the quick scoring from guard Dimitri Batten, a 6-foot-4 class of 2011 prospect, to crack the lead open in the trackmeet. He's good with the ball in his hands and showed flashes of point guard skill to go along with his pull-up jumper and fiery competitiveness. Keep aneye on him.

Doing the dirty work throughout was Dadrian Collins, a young class of 2009 prospect from Woodside High School. The 6-foot-5 junkyard dogscored on put backs, went after the loose balls and did some good things inside and out. His 19 points and estimated 14 rebounds were important in the win.

Team Georgia Elite has prospects on the roster. There is no debating that. Perhaps the top overall prospect is DaMarcus Harrison, a 6-foot-4 wing from Greenwood, S.C.

He drips big time potential with his ideal wing frame that is chalked full of athleticism. Perhaps his best trait is his rebounding ability and pull-up jumperfrom the wing. He's a sure fire high-major prospect.

Leading the way for Team Georgia Elite in scoring in this game was Eric Smith, a bull tough scoring point guard. He powered his way to therim any time he wanted to. The high-volume shooter tried to keep his team in it with some big threes but the home team was just too deep and big to hold off.There wasn't any denying his impact on the game his production. Smith is a player.

Coming off an impressive weekend of work in March at the Carolina Challenge, North Carolina native Mychal Parker was with Team Georgia Elite and had his moments butcertainly didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t look like the player that he is.

Parker is a player, though. Don't be fooled. The 6-foot-5 wing played out of position inside the paint and had the assignment of guard McKie. Parker is ahigh-major prospect though. He'll show it this weekend. Bank on that.

SCHOOL LIST CENTRAL

McKie said he has early interest from North Carolina, Maryland, Georgetown, Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth, Virginia Tech (offer), Georgia Tech and BostonCollege. He's clearly an ACC-Big East type of player. Expect his offer sheet to grow substantially this spring.

Lamb said Louisville, Georgia Tech, St. John's, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Connecticut, Syracuse, Georgetown and Auburn make up his early list.

Few players were effected by the LSU coaching change more in the 2009 class than Keith Gallon of the Houston Hoops. The Oak Hill big man said he wasclose to committing to the Tigers but decided to look at all of his other options when the coaching change occurred in mid-season. Now, he says, his list iscomprised of Ole Miss, Southern Cal and Baylor while Oklahoma, Arizona, Florida and Oregon.

Cooper, the Mean Streets star, said Bradley, Dayton, Valparaiso and Kansas State are on him early.

Rubit, one of the top sleepers from Friday night, said he has offers from Tulane, South Alabama and Stephen F. Austin while Marquette, Kentucky, Tennessee,Texas A&M, Houston and Baylor are showing interest.

Baskin, who had a strong performance against the South Carolina Ravens for the New York Gauchos, said he has offers from UMass, Xavier, Rutgers, St. John'sand Seton Hall.

Fellow New York Gaucho Durand Scott saidMemphis, Connecticut, Xavier, St. John's, Miami, Virginia, West Virginia, Arizona and most recently Wake Forest are heavily pursuing him.

Keep an eye out for Gaucho big man DanJennings. For starters, his body is bigger, stronger and leaner. He has more bounce these days and understands his position even more than last year.Jennings rattled off a list of Louisville, Connecticut, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Xavier, St. John's,West Virginia and South Florida.

J.T. Terrell, one of the fine youngplayers for the Carolina Ravens, said Wake Forest, Miami, Virginia and UNC Charlotte have offered already while Duke, North Carolina, Virginia Tech andKentucky are also interested. Terrell has a Wayne Ellington quality to his game.

Batten, one of the top guards for the Boo Williams 16 and under team, said he is hearing from Virginia Commonwealth, Virginia Tech, Virginia, Clemson and OldDominion.

Harrison, one of the top prospects for Team Georgia Elite, said the Clemson and South Carolina are looking at him hard. New Gamecock head coach Darrin Horn hasalready stopped by his school to start the process. Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and others are also in the mix.

Lewis, the sleeping big man for the Alabama Challenge, has had coaches from Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Arkansas pop in to see him duringthe high school season.

NOTES FROM THE NOTEPAD

* Tevin Baskin from the New York Gauchoslooks great physically and played with great aggression against Karron Johnson.

* D.C. Blue Devils guard Dominic Milburndeserves a second look. The 6-foot-3 guard from Montrose Christian (Md.) was the shot maker against the Alabama Challenge. He hit four three-pointers and awent for a team high 16 points.

* Carolina Ravens big man Ryan Kelly wasimpressive against the Gauchos. He's a tough player defend simply because he'll just out-smart you. Great passer for a big man, too.

* Caught a peek at the Georgia Stars-Team Melo match-up. A lot of talented big men in this one. The Stars has a fire and ice combo down low in Tennessee boundKenny Hall and Kammeon Holsey. Hall is an athletic intimidatorwhile Holsey is a skilled forward that glues the team together. Team Melo was paced by Dante Taylor, who looks as good as any power forward in the nation, andAndrew Fitzgerald. Taylor has"it" and will certainly make his mark here in Hampton this weekend.

HAMPTON, Va. - The host squad of the Boo Williams Invitational finally faced a challenge in the quarterfinals of the Gold Division playoffsSaturday night. Boo Williams, however, came out on top of the New York Gauchos without too much trouble. Tristan Spurlock, who has been one of the most impressive prospects inthe tournament, had another impressive performance and spoke about his recruitment with Rivals.com.

[table][tr][td]
631889.jpg
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tristan Spurlock has helped the Boo Williams team advance in the playoffs.[/td] [/tr][/table]One of the better small forwards in the class of 2009 Spurlock broke down his school list. At the bottom of the listare Maryland (offer), Wake Forest (offer), North Carolina, Texas (offer) and USC. On the middle level are Virginia (offer), North Carolina State (offer) andFlorida State (offer). And sitting at the top of the list is Georgetown (offer).

"Georgetown is close to home, and I like the way they play," commented Spurlock. "I've been able to get to know Coach Thompson well, andGeorgetown is just right across the river from me."

Another strong impression

Mark down the name Mouptaou Tarou has prospect on his way to blowing up this spring. A hardnosed 6-foot-9 power forward at MassenuttenMilitary Academy, Tauro made a quick mark on this event with strong play in his first tow games against the Alabama Challenge and the New York Gauchos. Tarouplays with a strong motor, running the court, defending and rebounding. He also has the potential to be a skilled offensive player down the road, showingflashes of handling the ball and converting some tough shots.

According to Massenutten Military Academy head coach Cedrick Broadhurst, only New Mexico State and some A-10 schools are aware of Tarou at this point. Look fora slew of high majors to become well aware of Tarou over the next couple weeks.

16-under action

Travis McKie has been making a lot ofnoise for the Boo Williams 16-under squad. He continued the strong play during the first half of his third pool play game. The wiry 6-foot-7ish athlete had hisway around the basket registering 15 points and 6 rebounds in one half of basketball. Look for McKie to register as a five-star in the soon to be updated 2010rankings.

The Alabama Challenge lost a tough battle to the Metro Hawks, despite a strong second half effort by Ralston Turner. On 3-3 shooting from the arc and a couple oftwo-pointers mixed in, Turner scored 16 points in the second half. A fluid shooter with size, Turner is a very difficult match up on the 16-under level.

Scouting tidbits

Pittsburg is getting a good one in 6-foot-5 shooting guard Lamar Patterson. Poised and talented, Patterson is a subtle yetcommanding presence on the court. There is not a lot of flash to his games but he makes all the right plays. Long and strong for his position, Patterson haspassed the ball extremely well, slashed to the basket, hit jumpers and defended and rebounded his position. And to top it all off, he rarely makes mistakes.Solid is what he is, but that term just doesn't seem to do him justice.

Deshawn Painter has struggled to makeplays around the basket due primarily to a lack of strength, but he has demonstrated the ability to knock down midrange jumpers. Painter runs the floor welland gives a strong effort, but the key to developing his game is the key to the weight room.

Ferrakohn Hall's ability to pass theball and defend multiple positions as been impressive here. The combo forward did a nice job defending shooting guard Scott Wood, who is headed to NC State.

You can't help but think about Jai Lucas whenwatching undersized 2010 point guard PhilPressey play for BABC 17-under squad. With a NBA lineage and NBA workout routine, Pressey can make all the difficult shots that a little guy needs to beable to make amongst the tall lumber. There are still questions about his long range shot, but there is no question about his ability to handle the rock anddeliver the ball to teammates.

Pressey's teammate Alex Oriakhi mustbe commended for the steady improvement he has made over the years. Looking close to 6-foot-10 and well developed, Oriakhi is not just a physical presencearound the basket, he is also an adept finisher. He has dropped in multiple left handed shots amongst other difficult finishes. Perhaps one of the best thingshe does offensively is cover a lot of territory with one strong power dribble in the paint.

His present teammate on BABC and future teammate at Connecticut Jamal Coombs had a strong game along with Pressey and Oriakhi in animpressive playoff win over Howard Pulley in the Gold Division playoffs. His slashing to the basket resulted in points, and he pulled off some impressivepasses. Always active, Coombs doesn't always get max production from the activity, but he did in this game. As is the case for a lot of these prospects,getting stronger might be the critical factor in raising production and a consistent basis.

There is no denying that Boo Williams shooting guard Steven Pledger is a big time shooter with a high major body.

Tevin Baskin of the New York Gauchosappeared to run out of steam against Boo Williams Saturday night, but he was a terror to opponents in pool play. With one of the best motors in the class,Baskins is constantly attacking the glass for rebounds, attacking the rim with the basketball and making defensive plays with his athletic hustle.

Royce White won't blow you away withhis athleticism, but he is a well built forward with a game that looks well suited for the Big Ten. He is smooth with the basketball, can make plays off thedribble and has shot the ball efficiently from the outside.

Now his Howard Pulley teammate RodneyWilliams has electrifying hops and will blow you away with his athleticism. He has aggressively made good use of his leaping ability around the basket. Itis critical, however, that he iron out the kinks in his jumper and gain some type of trust in a midrange game.

There is a lot of Royce White in TeamNew Jersey's Paris Bennett. Wellbuilt and crafty with the ball, Bennett looked like a natural scorer as a combo forward against Team Melo.

Dante Taylor has an impressive physique,runs the floor well and is potent around the basket, but there is still work to be done with his perimeter game. There is no denying he has a very high ceilingif he can make strides with his jumper and ability to attack the basket with the dribble.

Josh Selby is a 2010 point guard with awhole lot of promise. Well built and fast with the ball, Selby has the physical tools to make the plays a big time point guard needs to make.

And finally, speaking of big time point guards, John Wall, himself and others continually bring up the Derrick Rose comparison. Yes, there are many similaritiesbetween the two players. But along with his over the top athleticism, the critical factor in Rose's game was his ability to involve teammates, avoid overdribbling and maintain a sole focus on winning the game. For the immensely talented Wall, developing this type of mentality is essential for him to become atruly elite prospect like Rose.

Tommy Mason-Griffin, Roger Franklin, and GJ Vilarino
pimp.gif
Dudes are the goods.

KC Ross Miller, not so much... How did he get a Kentucky offer?
smh.gif
Come on Billy G...

Yeah his recruiting kinda has me puzzled right now..
ohwell.gif

But, man...It feels good when Spurlock a Top 30 kid is number 4 in line for the final 09 scholarship over here
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Any word on J'Mison Morgan...UCLA???

[table][tr][td]Left after 2007-2008 season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]Leaving[/td] [td]For[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rico Pickett[/td] [td]Alabama[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Taylor King[/td] [td]Duke[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stephen Wood[/td] [td]Duquesne[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ricky McPhee[/td] [td]Gardner-Webb[/td] [td]Georgia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jonathan Mitchell[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brian Carlwell[/td] [td]Illinois[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ben Hansbrough[/td] [td]Mississippi State[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Zach Graves[/td] [td]Montana[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dave Vanderjagt[/td] [td]Montana[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Shang Ping[/td] [td]Nebraska[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Scott Martin[/td] [td]Purdue[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Larry Davis[/td] [td]Seton Hall[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Keegan Bell[/td] [td]Vanderbilt[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Malcolm Grant[/td] [td]Villanova[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stephen Sauls[/td] [td]Washington State[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]John Sexton[/td] [td]William & Mary[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Charles Bronson[/td] [td]Xavier[/td] [td]TBD[/td] [/tr][tr][td]-[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Eligible at beginning of 2007-08 season[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Player[/td] [td]At[/td] [td]From[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ike Okoye[/td] [td]Boise State[/td] [td]Wyoming[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Joe Trapani[/td] [td]Boston College[/td] [td]Vermont[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mark Hill[/td] [td]Cal State-Northridge[/td] [td]Tulsa[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Willie Galick[/td] [td]Cal State-Northridge[/td] [td]Pepperdine[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Gadley[/td] [td]Canisius[/td] [td]Hofstra[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Brown[/td] [td]Central Arkansas[/td] [td]Wichita State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Casaan Breeden[/td] [td]College of Charleston[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Casey Crawford[/td] [td]Colorado[/td] [td]Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Andy Ogide[/td] [td]Colorado State[/td] [td]Mississippi[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brian Grimes[/td] [td]Columbia[/td] [td]La Salle[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jawan Carter[/td] [td]Delaware[/td] [td]St. Joseph's[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Adam Templeton[/td] [td]Drake[/td] [td]UC-Irvine[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Benny Valentine[/td] [td]Eastern Washington[/td] [td]Texas Tech[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Josue Soto[/td] [td]Florida International[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Jacob Green[/td] [td]Fordham[/td] [td]West Virginia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sylvester Seay[/td] [td]Fresno State[/td] [td]Arizona State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Dante Curry[/td] [td]Georgia State[/td] [td]South Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Joe Dukes[/td] [td]Georgia State[/td] [td]Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Trey Hampton[/td] [td]Georgia State[/td] [td]Mississippi[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Xavier Hansbro[/td] [td]Georgia State[/td] [td]Mississippi[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bernard Rimmer[/td] [td]Georgia State[/td] [td]Mississippi State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dan McGeary[/td] [td]Harvard[/td] [td]New Hampshire[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mac Hopson[/td] [td]Idaho[/td] [td]Washington State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Alex Legion[/td] [td]Illinois[/td] [td]Kentucky[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aaron Richie[/td] [td]IPFW[/td] [td]Central Michigan[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Deilivez Yearby[/td] [td]IPFW[/td] [td]Kansas State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kyle Savely[/td] [td]IUPUI[/td] [td]IPFW[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jonathan Huffman[/td] [td]Iona[/td] [td]Louisville[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chamberlin Oguchi[/td] [td]Illinois State[/td] [td]Oregon[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kashif Pratt[/td] [td]Iona[/td] [td]Seton Hall[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Denis Clemente[/td] [td]Kansas State[/td] [td]Miami[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jay Mitchell[/td] [td]Kennesaw State[/td] [td]Texas Tech[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Vernon Goodridge[/td] [td]La Salle[/td] [td]Mississippi State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Stephan Gilling[/td] [td]Long Beach State[/td] [td]Colorado State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gerald Carter[/td] [td]Long Island[/td] [td]Marist[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kenny Cooper[/td] [td]Louisiana Tech[/td] [td]Oklahoma State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Magnum Rolle[/td] [td]Louisiana Tech[/td] [td]LSU[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jamel White[/td] [td]Louisiana Tech[/td] [td]Nebraska[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Lawrence Gilbert[/td] [td]Louisiana-Monroe[/td] [td]Miami[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Reginald Delk[/td] [td]Louisville[/td] [td]Mississippi State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Justin Cerasoli[/td] [td]Loyola-Chicago[/td] [td]Mississippi[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jamal Barney[/td] [td]Loyola (Md.)[/td] [td]Providence[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Lutz[/td] [td]Marshall[/td] [td]Purdue[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brandon Powell[/td] [td]Marshall[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Octavius Spann[/td] [td]Marshall[/td] [td]Georgetown[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Anthony Gurley[/td] [td]Massachusetts[/td] [td]Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Cyrus McGowan[/td] [td]Miami[/td] [td]Arkansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Laval Lucas-Perry[/td] [td]Michigan[/td] [td]Arizona[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Zaire Taylor[/td] [td]Missouri[/td] [td]Delaware[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Will Creekmore[/td] [td]Missouri State[/td] [td]Boston[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Daniel Emerson[/td] [td]Mercer[/td] [td]Western Kentucky[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jack McGillis[/td] [td]Montana[/td] [td]Oregon State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Michael Taylor[/td] [td]Montana[/td] [td]Eastern Washington[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Isaac Miles[/td] [td]Murray State[/td] [td]Creighton[/td] [/tr][tr][td]O.J. Avworo[/td] [td]Navy[/td] [td]Idaho[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colby Santos[/td] [td]New Hampshire[/td] [td]James Madison[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Bilal Benn[/td] [td]Niagara[/td] [td]Villanova[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rob Garrison[/td] [td]Niagra[/td] [td]Connecticut[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gary Garris[/td] [td]NJIT[/td] [td]American[/td] [/tr][tr][td]George Odufuwa[/td] [td]North Texas[/td] [td]Arizona State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sean Kowal[/td] [td]Northern Illinois[/td] [td]Colorado[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Mike Harris[/td] [td]Ohio University[/td] [td]Iona[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ryan Wright[/td] [td]Oklahoma[/td] [td]UCLA[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ben Voogd[/td] [td]Oregon[/td] [td]LSU[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Daniel Deane[/td] [td]Oregon State[/td] [td]Utah[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Andrew Ott[/td] [td]Penn State[/td] [td]Villanova[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Phil Nelson[/td] [td]Portland State[/td] [td]Washington[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Dominic Waters[/td] [td]Portland State[/td] [td]Hawaii[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jonathon Cruz[/td] [td]Quinnipiac[/td] [td]Rhode Island[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ben Eaves[/td] [td]Rhode Island[/td] [td]Connecticut[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Trey Stanton[/td] [td]Rice[/td] [td]Navy[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ben Allen[/td] [td]Saint Mary's[/td] [td]Indiana[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Adrian Oliver[/td] [td]San Jose State[/td] [td]Washington[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Decensae White[/td] [td]Santa Clara[/td] [td]Texas Tech[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Robert Mitchell[/td] [td]Seton Hall[/td] [td]Duquesne[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Maurice Thomas[/td] [td]St. Bonaventure[/td] [td]UTEP[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Chris Mathews[/td] [td]St. Bonaventure[/td] [td]Washington State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Desmond Adedeji[/td] [td]Stony Brook[/td] [td]Dayton[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Mike Mercer[/td] [td]South Florida[/td] [td]Georgia[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*Mouhammad Faye[/td] [td]SMU[/td] [td]Georgia Tech[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Marquez Haynes[/td] [td]Texas-Arlington[/td] [td]Boston College[/td] [/tr][tr][td]John Rybak[/td] [td]Texas State[/td] [td]Akron[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Brian Morris[/td] [td]Towson[/td] [td]Richmond[/td] [/tr][tr][td]David Booker[/td] [td]Tulane[/td] [td]Charlotte[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Richard Delk[/td] [td]Troy[/td] [td]Mississippi State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]A.J. Tyler[/td] [td]UCF[/td] [td]Clemson[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rich Flemming[/td] [td]UMBC[/td] [td]Fairfield[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ricky Torres[/td] [td]UMBC[/td] [td]St. John's[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tre'Von Willis[/td] [td]UNLV[/td] [td]Memphis[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Johnny Wolf[/td] [td]UNC-Wilmington[/td] [td]Xavier[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Maurice Joseph[/td] [td]Vermont[/td] [td]Michigan State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sean McCurdy[/td] [td]William & Mary[/td] [td]Arkansas[/td] [/tr][tr][td]A.J. Hawkins[/td] [td]Wichita State[/td] [td]St. Bonaventure[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Scott Grote[/td] [td]Wright State[/td] [td]Duquesne[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sean Ogirri[/td] [td]Wyoming[/td] [td]Wichita State[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Djbril Thiam[/td] [td]Wyoming[/td] [td]Baylor[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jamel McLean[/td] [td]Xavier[/td] [td]Tulsa[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Andrew Taylor[/td] [td]Xavier[/td] [td]Hillsdale College[/td] [/tr][/table]

expect that tansfer list to include a st johns player or 2

i won't say who specifically until he announces it but if you followed the team i'm sure you could come up with 4 or 5 guys that could possiblytransfer

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Any word on J'Mison Morgan...UCLA???

Interesting quote from the rivals article about Mason-Griffin leaving due to the coaching changes... Morgan supposedly was committed to LSU and not just thecoaching staff, but if Pierre is really gone his decision could change as well... Morgan is supposed to visit with Trent Johnson in Baton Rouge sometime thisweek so we should know more soon...

Kendall Marshall is a player. I really like his game. I think we'll end up getting Travis McKie as well.

Originally Posted by JND1

Kendall Marshall is a player. I really like his game. I think we'll end up getting Travis McKie as well.

Yeah he sure is..
What is your scholarship situation for 2010 like? He (Mckie) seems to be a Big East/ACC kid for sure

^With Marshall and Bullock committed, we should have 2 more scholarships available for that class. Assuming no early departures.

AMPTON, Va. -- History repeated itself on Sunday afternoon at the Boo Williams Invitational. A familiar championship game team put it alltogether and claimed the coveted 17 and under trophy while a pair of Florida teams claimed the younger divisions.

[table][tr][td]
RATLIFFERICARDO200_100107.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Ricardo Ratliffe scored 23 points for Boo Williams in the championship game.[/td] [/tr][/table]BOO CLAIMS 17U TITLE

There is one thing you can always expect this time of year here in the Hampton Roads area and that is the Boo Williams AAU team playing on Sunday at their ownevent. The result is generally like it was today.

Boo Williams won yet another tournament title with a 77-69 win over Athletes First from Oklahoma.

The host team simply has too much firepower and too many options to deal with. On any given possession, the championship team had someone step up and make abig shot or grab an offensive board or make a tough pass or a big defensive play.

The most important player in Sunday's championship game didn't even start the game. In fact, he is was one of the least known national prospects on theteam's roster.

When Athletes First star Daniel Ortonwas regulated to the bench with foul trouble in the first half, Boo Williams took advantage and moved the offensive attack inside the paint. As Orton, anintimidating 6-foot-10 center, sat and watched, Ricardo Ratliffe came off the bench and gave Athletes First fits.

Ratcliffe scored eight points and grabbed four rebounds in a four minute stretch, breaking the game wide open. Ratcliffe finished the game with a team-high 23points and only missed one shot all game.

Ratcliffe, a 2008 prospect and Hampton local, said he is qualified. He said he is currently being recruited by Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Old Dominion, GeorgeMason and LaSalle. If he decides to pursue the collegiate route this year, he's certainly one of the top unsigned big men in the nation right now. If hedecides on prep, his recruitment should bulk up right away. Either way, he's in a good position.

When Orton was in the game, he and DeshawnPainter traded impressive buckets to open the contest up. Painter scored on a couple of midrange jumpers in the paint. He also converted on a nice littlejump hook.

Orton showed flashes of pure brilliance, with a turn-around 18 foot jumper from the left baseline and great post work against a triple team. He was a monsteron the glass. In fact, when he was on the floor, Athletes First had the momentum and/or a lead.

Tristan Spurlock scored 11 points in thewin and he knocked down a couple of threes in the first half. The 6-foot-7 wing does so much for this team and he can play multiple positions in the rotation.The four-star wing added five assists for the victors.

Continuing his great play was emerging guard Steven Pledger, who scored 15 points in the game. The 6-foot-2 guard dida great job in the spotlight and should see his recruitment blow up this week.

Marshawn Powell started a little slowbut finished strong, doing what he always does well - crash the boards, play at the rim and get his hands dirty inside. Sophomore Andre Dawkins came off the bench for a couple of quick perimeterbaskets. He's next in line with this loaded club. He and Kendall Marshall will make for a tough, tough backcourt next season.Both are really good right now, too.

[table][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [td]
XAVIERHENRY_0121.JPG
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Xavier Henry was slowed by an injured ankle.[/td] [/tr][/table]Five-star Xavier Henrydidn't look like himself in the championship game. And if you saw his right ankle after the game you'd understand why. The top shooting guard in thenation sprained his ankle on Friday and played through the injury all weekend. After playing five games in two days on the sprain, his foot was swollen andblack and blue. His effort to play in the final was commendable.

Henry finished with 14 points, 11 coming in the second half, but his presence and physical brand of basketball was sorely missed in this one.

With Orton in foul trouble throughout the game and with Henry grimacing with nearly every movement, Terrence Boyd stepped up in a big way in the championship game.

The physical wing was impressive with his pure energy, aggressive style and constant dribble drive. The 6-foot-5 wing finished with a game high 28 points,seven rebounds, five assists and four steals in the game. He simply did everything for Athletes First and left nothing on the table. His play throughout theweekend was inspired.

Oklahoma commitment Kyle Hardrick added11 points and eight rebounds in the defeat.

TEAM STAT CLAIMS 16U TITLE

Led by the great play of freshman AustinRivers and a balanced attack across the board, Team STAT won the 16 and under division over the Baltimore Stars.

Rivers, a 6-foot-2 combo guard, hit a game-winning three-pointer on Saturday and continued his heroics in the semi-finals. He made a big steal and bucket latein the game against the Westchester Hawks to move on to the title game.

What does he do in the final game of the 16 and under tournament? How about lead his team in scoring, set the tone with his high IQ and calmness? Rivers wasgreat all weekend.

He didn't do it alone though. Guys like Adam Jones stepped up when they were called upon. The 6-foot-6 forwardmade big plays in the title game, using his length and bounce inside.

The Baltimore Stars were led by AntonioBarton's 16 points. TobiasHarris scored 14 while C.J. Fairpitched in with 10 points in the defeat.

TEAM FLORIDA CLAIMS 15U TITLE

For a guy they call "Papa", guard Deante Saunders sure did play a lot older and wiser than someone from the class of 2011. The5-foot-11 guard from Deland (Fla.) was outstanding in Team Florida's 64-60 win over Boo Williams to help his club claim the 15 and under tournament title.

Saunders is a jet-quick guard that showed off a great knack for scoring off the bounce. He led all scorers with 27 points in the victory and hit bigthree-pointer after big three-pointer in one of the best games of the entire tournament. Saunders wasn't going to let his team lose. It was a simple asthat.

Saunders had help from guys like Jason Pimentel and Rod Davis. Pimentel, a 6-foot-8 forward from Westport High School, had avery good game against one of the best frontlines in the 15 and under division. His defense on James McAdoo, the top overall prospect in the 15U bracket, wastremendous.

McAdoo was limited in his touches after a dominating early morning performance on Sunday. Pimentel emptied the tank in the process and showed that he was aforce to be reckoned with too on both ends of the floor.

Davis, a long and bouncy 6-foot-6 wing, would show flashes of amazing things to come. He will produce in bits and pieces. When it all comes together, Davismight be the team's best overall college prospect.

Boo Williams shouldn't feel too bad about the loss. Chances our this group will win a number of tournaments over the next three years. The club is stackedwith prospects. While McAdoo didn't have the game he is capable of, guys like Levon Harper stepped up big.

The 6-foot-8 forward from Fuqua High School was the go-to player in the paint but he also showed off a skill set away from the basket. He's a high-majorguy and should continue to climb the ladder of improvement.

Eighth grader Justin Anderson is one ofthe best long term prospects in the tournament. The 6-foot-5 phenom has a big time frame, big time bounce and a perimeter game that he already has highconfidence in. The class of 2012 prospect will see his name in print for a long, long time.

Rivals.com will have more from the Boo Williams Invitational this week as we break down the top performers, top prospects and other news and notes from thefirst major grassroots event of the season.

Another Rivers huh...hope he has a better offensive game then big brother
laugh.gif

...the next 2 DMV classes are just ridiculous, '10 more so..

As for his college choice, Evans said recently that he was leaning toward Villanova. Memphis, Texas and Connecticut are his otherfinalists.

Evans is scheduled to announce his decision at American Christian on Wednesday, the first day of the spring signing period. ESPNU and ESPNEWS plan to carry thenews conference live.

"I'm excited to get the signing out of the way so people can stop asking me where I'm going," Evans said. "So when they see meafterward, they will know where I am going. I can just say 'Nova . . . or any other place that I am going."

Seems like Wright put on the full court press...

I think Evans is the most overrated top player in this class..however Nova suites him on court...at Memphis he'd be force into playing the point but atNova he can fit in....although him and Shooty fighting over some shots should be great to watch
laugh.gif

But Fisher, Reynolds, Stokes, Evans is a nightmare to guard, much like Lowry, Foye and Ray were.

Good luck to Evans, I thought he would want to get out of PA but going to Nova will give him pretty much free reign to play his style of basketball.

i hope this is the right move for tyreke and he could stay out of trouble

also allen i commend you for your heart and effort providing us with all these articles

Looks like John Mitchell is headed to Umass...

One Pitino assistant hands him over to another..

laugh.gif
...no heart, another NT member passed off a rivals acct...so yall needanything...
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom