College Graduate NTers

After graduation how long did it take you to find a job? Is your job anything close to what you studied?

8 months. No where near what I like. I got desparate and took anything. Seriously considering going back to school. Graduated in May 08 btw

6 months.

Forget online apps. Put on a suit and go to a job fair.

graduated this past May...had a job lined up upon graduating...

studied business, working in education now...
pimp.gif

may 2010 graduate. haven't looked into finding a job in my field, but i'm not worried...yet.

Also for those still looking try substitute teaching in your town or county. It may not be what you want but it's something to hold you over. it's whatI'm currently doing some of my friends. The class of 08 and 09 will be the last to be considered for a good job, as the class 98 and 99 who are also out ofwork will probably be hired first.

Have a degree in political science. Have an interview with American income life insurance tomorrow

Teach for America if you can't get a job or are doubtful about your future after graduation. Two years teaching and they pay off some of your loans. Its awin win.

I was working part-time in retail prior to graduation. Didn't get the job I want until a year after I graduated.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Teach for America if you can't get a job or are doubtful about your future after graduation. Two years teaching and they pay off some of your loans. Its a win win.
laugh.gif

I'm in Teach for America...A lot of people see Teach for America as a last resort, but hate it once in the classroom...does look good on the resumethough...

Originally Posted by UbUiBeMe

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Teach for America if you can't get a job or are doubtful about your future after graduation. Two years teaching and they pay off some of your loans. Its a win win.
laugh.gif

I'm in Teach for America...A lot of people see Teach for America as a last resort, but hate it once in the classroom...does look good on the resume though...
They recruit hard. My boy is going to do TFA in NYC after graduation just in case he doesn't get into the grad schools he wants. I don'twant to do it as a last resort especially now when the third recruiting phase coming up and the place where you want to go may be off of the list.

Chances are, if you treat it like a last resort, you will hate it....some of these kids are unruly and bad as %^&*......
laugh.gif
(I teach high school Geometryby the way)

It was a last minute option for me because I didnt get enough scholarship money to Ohio State law so I joined TFA. I wanted to do something meaningful thatwould be a stepping stone for my next move in life...

I'm doing my two years and getting out of here...
smh.gif
- The connects they have with tier-1 grad schools is second to none....

If your boy does join TFA in Ny, tell him good luck... TFA looks amazing from the outside...

Back
Top Bottom