***COLLEGE NT'ERS*** Is cheating a common practice???

For classes that had nothing to do with my major I hella cheated. But when it came down to my major and other premed classes nope

For classes that have nothing to do with your career, there's HEAVY cheating in college. But as you start taking classes for your profession, cheating is few & far in between because u need to know the stuff

For classes that have nothing to do with your career, there's HEAVY cheating in college. But as you start taking classes for your profession, cheating is few & far in between because u need to know the stuff

Not for me
smile.gif

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

QFT
You can't try to be an engineer and not know anything about what your doing, you would get exposed and never get a job.

I took a class one semester after a friend did and he kept all the tests except for the final (multiple choice & short answer). The professor didn't change much of the test so I could breeze through the MC and get by on the short answers. I got Bs and Cs on the tests until it came to the final. I had to study for it so I glance over the lecture slides, take the final, and get an A... I would've gotten an easy A in the class had I just looked at the damn slides instead of cheating
30t6p3b.gif

An ironic lesson that I actually take to heart. You gotta know your stuff because your GPA wont help you on the job..

I took a class one semester after a friend did and he kept all the tests except for the final (multiple choice & short answer). The professor didn't change much of the test so I could breeze through the MC and get by on the short answers. I got Bs and Cs on the tests until it came to the final. I had to study for it so I glance over the lecture slides, take the final, and get an A... I would've gotten an easy A in the class had I just looked at the damn slides instead of cheating
30t6p3b.gif

An ironic lesson that I actually take to heart. You gotta know your stuff because your GPA wont help you on the job..

Originally Posted by SneakerFr

QFT
You can't try to be an engineer and not know anything about what your doing, you would get exposed and never get a job.

I used to send more time figuring out ways to cheat before tests than studying lol..sometimes I would actually learn some of the material when making cheat sheets, putting notes in the calculator, etc

I used to send more time figuring out ways to cheat before tests than studying lol..sometimes I would actually learn some of the material when making cheat sheets, putting notes in the calculator, etc

I don't see it but I'm sure it is happening.  Most test have multiple versions but I have a professor that only makes a single version and we are all in an auditorium and there's no TAs walking around.
indifferent.gif

It was for me in college depending on the class. Mostly happened my freshman and sophomore year before I got into my  major intensive classes.

I had a good friend of mine who is from Mexico write a paper for me in Spanish class. Professor was blown away on how good it was considering everything else I had done up till that point had been D or F work. She was like, I'm not sure if you wrote this because there are some phrases in here that sound like a person from Mexico would say/spell out.

I don't know how many times a BlackBerry or Sidekick bailed me out on a question or two. I didn't use it for the entire test but for a question that you just didn't remember from studying I would look up.

Best example was in my Biology class I had (failed btw...it was the hardest class EVER for me). It was in a large lecture hall and I always sat in the back. Sweats, hoody's, white T's and sneakers is all I ever wore to that class so of course I stuck out like a sore thumb. There were about 8 TA's spread out across the lecture hall on test days making sure people weren't cheating. Of course I didn't know a damn thing in that class so I was sneaking looks left and right, lol. So probably two or three weeks after that class was over I'm out at a bar w/ my friends and I see one of the TA's that always watched the section that I sat in. She comes up to me and was like, did you just finish biology class w/ Craig Martin? I responded w/ a yes and she was like, I thought that was you. I always saw you in the back cheating on tests.

roll.gif

I don't see it but I'm sure it is happening.  Most test have multiple versions but I have a professor that only makes a single version and we are all in an auditorium and there's no TAs walking around.
indifferent.gif

It was for me in college depending on the class. Mostly happened my freshman and sophomore year before I got into my  major intensive classes.

I had a good friend of mine who is from Mexico write a paper for me in Spanish class. Professor was blown away on how good it was considering everything else I had done up till that point had been D or F work. She was like, I'm not sure if you wrote this because there are some phrases in here that sound like a person from Mexico would say/spell out.

I don't know how many times a BlackBerry or Sidekick bailed me out on a question or two. I didn't use it for the entire test but for a question that you just didn't remember from studying I would look up.

Best example was in my Biology class I had (failed btw...it was the hardest class EVER for me). It was in a large lecture hall and I always sat in the back. Sweats, hoody's, white T's and sneakers is all I ever wore to that class so of course I stuck out like a sore thumb. There were about 8 TA's spread out across the lecture hall on test days making sure people weren't cheating. Of course I didn't know a damn thing in that class so I was sneaking looks left and right, lol. So probably two or three weeks after that class was over I'm out at a bar w/ my friends and I see one of the TA's that always watched the section that I sat in. She comes up to me and was like, did you just finish biology class w/ Craig Martin? I responded w/ a yes and she was like, I thought that was you. I always saw you in the back cheating on tests.

roll.gif

I've always looked down on cheating. Hell, it probably is one of the biggest reasons why we Americans are no longer the smartest.

I've always looked down on cheating. Hell, it probably is one of the biggest reasons why we Americans are no longer the smartest.

Originally Posted by CJ616

How do you think the athletes graduate?

Stereotypes like this piss me off, the percentage of athletes that cheat in comparison to all athletes as a whole is just the same if not less than the general student population. It's ridiculous how many times a "regular" student has come up to me offering me old test or inviting me to a study group because they have the test.  They'll ask me what I got on a test and i'll say an 80 or something and they'll reply "aw man we had the answers we got you next time" .   
Anyway, I've never cheated on a paper but them electives you HAVE to take to graduate that I could care less about I did, unless it was too easy for cheating.

Originally Posted by CJ616

How do you think the athletes graduate?

Stereotypes like this piss me off, the percentage of athletes that cheat in comparison to all athletes as a whole is just the same if not less than the general student population. It's ridiculous how many times a "regular" student has come up to me offering me old test or inviting me to a study group because they have the test.  They'll ask me what I got on a test and i'll say an 80 or something and they'll reply "aw man we had the answers we got you next time" .   
Anyway, I've never cheated on a paper but them electives you HAVE to take to graduate that I could care less about I did, unless it was too easy for cheating.

I feel like it is.

I dont do it though. One of those if you can't do the time then don't do the crime kinda things.

I'm not trying to get kicked out of school so I don't do it.

I feel like it is.

I dont do it though. One of those if you can't do the time then don't do the crime kinda things.

I'm not trying to get kicked out of school so I don't do it.

teachers that never change the test
pimp.gif

the frats that have every test of said teachers
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

cant forget the period trick when you are writing a paper.

teachers that never change the test
pimp.gif

the frats that have every test of said teachers
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

cant forget the period trick when you are writing a paper.

Back
Top Bottom