College students how do u make money?

odog24

Banned
in college i work retail and it sucks.
how are u college students getting money?

i wanna make money myself and not work retail anymore.

in college I worked for the Parks and Recreation department. best job for a college student. as many hours as I wanted, and even i admit i was overpaid. all i had to do was sit there when the facility was open and help with clean up/take down.

Working at a restaurant.
I'm making paper dog! Op you should try it
wink.gif

Workin at a student store straight-up like Clerks in there when me and the homie are both schedule at the same time....minus the drugs. Pretty boring though...

I'm running my own online store, and showing other people how to run theirs.

Residual, ongoing income > All other types of income.

Originally Posted by FOG

info 
nerd.gif

I'm an IT assistant for a Research Center associated with the University.
Have an interview for a co-op tomorrow, hope I get it. It's been hard since I left my last one

Originally Posted by FOG

major is info systems..
i was thinking of doing something like this. but what do u sell? is it a clothing line? do u design urself? and do u manage the site?

janitor, washing dishes in school cafe, student board, summer gigs, hopefully this fall I can find a decent job around the town

Originally Posted by FOG

I'm running my own online store.

This. 
To the guy wanting info the info is go out there and do your research. Stuff like this you can't be handed. Its not as easy as being told what to do. There is plenty of information all you have to do is go and look.

Originally Posted by bigpappamo1

My sole income right now is my online store that I run through ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/brandnamejackets4less

I also have an internship but its unpaid. ebay sucks though the fees are too damm high.

Fees are high man, but what I put in my auctions is "Buyers send me offers as paypal shipped" something like that.
Its a win-win you get no fees, but you gotta give it to them for a lil less than what you originally asked for. only downside is no feedback, but im ok with that.

What I do with big purchases is after they have purchased left feedback and all that I email them saying I will paypal them $10 if they accept to cancel the transaction to get back my fees. They understand, their happy with the product, and its ten more dollars in their pocket.

Originally Posted by DJMano34

Originally Posted by bigpappamo1

My sole income right now is my online store that I run through ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/brandnamejackets4less

I also have an internship but its unpaid. ebay sucks though the fees are too damm high.

Fees are high man, but what I put in my auctions is "Buyers send me offers as paypal shipped" something like that.
Its a win-win you get no fees, but you gotta give it to them for a lil less than what you originally asked for. only downside is no feedback, but im ok with that.

What I do with big purchases is after they have purchased left feedback and all that I email them saying I will paypal them $10 if they accept to cancel the transaction to get back my fees. They understand, their happy with the product, and its ten more dollars in their pocket.
I know what you are saying but I usually have a lot of transaction and barely have the time to maintain the store, and although its a very good idea idk if I could handle all the emails and cancelling transactions. I have an overseas buyer who buys like 4-5 jackets from me every 2 weeks and because we trust each other we only go through ebay which saves me tons of fees. But I will try your idea with some auctions and see what happens.

I'm a server at a restaurant/bakery. They do events mostly every week such as weddings, receptions, and bar parties because the restaurant has a ballroom. Pays pretty good, just long hours so many times I dont have free times on the weekend to study and socialize but they pay is good. I also work for a student organization on campus where we do events such as concerts, poetry nights, etc. Besides that I make necklaces and bracelets on the side. Dont do it too often because I am busy and I got to have the money upfront.

during the school year, workstudy at some office. prob picking up something else related to my major.

Tutor kids and work at the library. Easy money and flexible schedule.

Is there a special place to tutor kids where I can find resources online at? I know I can "google it" I just want someone who's experienced that knows what google doesn't.

I just worked at an extremely casual work-study job (mailroom). I was busy enough with school and ec's. 

summer internship... that way you can secure the $$$ after you graduate, too.

Back
Top Bottom