COLORADO NTERS...

I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it tonight...stupid work outing after I finish up and then I'm gonna have to run all the way home to takecare of my pup but i'll keep in touch with hobson and try and meet you all later

Delay in plans. I won't be in Denver til 10. I may stop by there still so hopefully a few others are still there. If not, we should reschedule.

From the looks of it this is falling apart so maybe we should reschedule. I know of 3 people who want to be there but cant. And it sounds like 2 of us will bethere so i think we need to reschedule

Wow. There is only two of us down here right now. We will wait for about 1/2 an hour then out!

^Had a feeling that +!!# was gonna happen. I was gonna come but had something come up.

Damn that game though. Atleast we fought back and didn't bend over and take it like the Hornets in the first two games. I was hoping for a sweep but kindahoping we lost one so I could go to another game vs CP3 and the hornets, give him some more +!!#. These games are getting crazy and I love it.

And can I just say thanks to McDaniels for further screwing up the Broncos. We will be lucky to win 5 games this year. But that is just my opinion, and I amtrying to be optimistic

yall trippin.

Moreno was a GREAT pick.

we were considering Ayers at 12, but figured SD would snatch Moreno at 16. Picking Moreno at 12 still allowed us to get Ayers at 18.

Moreno will soften the load Orton had, and with a DOPE offensive line and wide receiver corp. we are gonna be tough on O, particularly in the red zone whereWE STRUGGLED WITH YOUR BELOVED CUTLER.

Ayers is a solid pick. watched a lot of film on him and he's the most versatile DE/LB in the draft. Mayock has him as the best defensive PLAYER in thedraft.

for those that dont understand why we didnt go for more defense early on is the value dropped off considerably after Raji, Curry, etc

dont sleep on Alphonso Smith. guy had 21 interceptions at Wake! straight ball halk.

the clincher:
check out the players we signed today as undrafted free agents. particularly these guys:

No4 3-4 NT - Chris Baker

Small-school prospects Baker and Hill both have the size for the position, but what makes them intriguing is their natural athleticism and quicknessinside. Baker played the five-technique position at Hampton and could be asked to play anywhere along the defensive line at the next level. However, his short,squatty frame and natural leverage will likely draw some interest among teams in need of a nose.

No5 3-4 DE - Everette Pedescleaux

One guy to keep an eye on is Pedescleaux. The 6-6, 305-pound lineman has ideal size, athletic ability and length but needs time to develop in an NFLscheme. He possesses a very intriguing skill set for the position and could definitely develop into a starter.

DE Rulon Davis, California

please believe it, believe it please. dont get caught up in the media's spin on things. McDaniels is picking players to fit his schemes. and he'sgetting tough, SMART leaders that I think will make us a better team than we've been.

dont panic. we straight.
salute.gif

^^^^You made a lot of valid points. But only thing i disagree with the softening the load on Orton. Moreno is a rookie running back. And we all know that 90%of rookie running backs arent that efficient. You have a few, but not many. I think Wells would have been a better pick for the Broncos since he is a bruiser.Moreno is my view is a finesse runner. Which mean he isnt going to handle a 20 to 30 carry game. He will get 12 or so carries and a few receptions. Whichleaves Orton, still with a full load. McDaniels was crazy to trade Cutler, and even more crazy to trade there 1st rounder last year, for a 2nd round pick thisyear. But i could be wrong. But right now in the city of Denver, McDaniels has rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

^^^^You made a lot of valid points. But only thing i disagree with the softening the load on Orton. Moreno is a rookie running back. And we all know that 90% of rookie running backs arent that efficient. You have a few, but not many. I think Wells would have been a better pick for the Broncos since he is a bruiser. Moreno is my view is a finesse runner. Which mean he isnt going to handle a 20 to 30 carry game. He will get 12 or so carries and a few receptions. Which leaves Orton, still with a full load. McDaniels was crazy to trade Cutler, and even more crazy to trade there 1st rounder last year, for a 2nd round pick this year. But i could be wrong. But right now in the city of Denver, McDaniels has rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way.

Wells blew off his work out with Denver so he was crossed off the list rather quickly. Its widely believed(me included) that Moreno can be a 3 down back in theleague. I know size is a concern but the last Broncos rb with his size: Terrell Davis. and he's much more fluid of a runner. His lateral movement/cutbackability is comparable to LT. He's relentless for being a smaller back. dont sleep, I understand your concern, however I fully expect him to come in andstart. here's some video to support:

Trust me.. Orton, while he doesnt have the Cutler arm, is a more cerebral, gritty type of qb. he is smarter and won't be asked to do the things Cutler did,ESPECIALLY now that we can incorporate a solid running game. Dont forget we have arguably one of the best young offensive lines in football. Plus Marshall,Royal, Stokley, and Gaffney? Throw in draft picks Kenny McKinnley at WR, and Richard Quinn, the best blocking tight end in the draft.

As far as trading one of our 2 1st round picks next year to draft Alphonso Smith in the second round this year.. We had Smith ranked as a 1st round talentdispite what the Mel Kipers of the world had him as. McDaniels felt highly enough of this guy, and believe me he's a ball hawk! 21 INT's, INTELLIGENTDB. It also lessens the financial liability of having to pay two 1st round picks again next year (as much as that sucks to take into consideration) I thinkSmith is a solid pick after doing the research.

Bottom line, ALL the guys we got fit the McDaniels list of standards.
They're all very intelligent, passionate leaders(most wer captains on their college teams) that fit into the specific schemes we will be running.

as far as Denver hating McDaniels, I'm born n raised here in Denver and I have not subscribed to all this crying and bickering that is so prevalent rightnow. I do know winning will quiet all naysayers and I ultimately believe that he is doing the right things, regardless of how popular it looks now, to make usa successful franchise very soon.

I think a lot of people will come around eventually, and Ive already converted a few on the Broncos message boards.
happy.gif
lol
losing Cutler stung deeply, but we're gonna be better without him.
mark my words.

Moreno is a great talent but he isn't gonna make our offense better than it was last year. The Cutler trade doesn't happen and we pick him then thatwould be awesome cause our offense would be unstoppable. And I cant read the future but I don't see our defense being much better than it was last yeareither. We still don't have the personnel to run the 3-4. I cant justify drafting a super talented running back when we just signed like 3 in free agency,and have so many very young ones already on the roster who haven't gotten a chance to prove themselves. We need help on defense badly. And our scheduledoesn't help us either, it is gonna be tough this year.

I am not panicking and I don't care about the media, I care about the team and follow the team and I do not like the direction McDaniels is taking us. Ihope I am very wrong, I am a huge Bronco and Nuggets fan and wanna see them do well. You wont catch me cheering against a hometown team or booing them oranything like that, I will be critical of decisions they make though.

Originally Posted by atschach

We still don't have the personnel to run the 3-4. I cant justify drafting a super talented running back when we just signed like 3 in free agency, and have so many very young ones already on the roster who haven't gotten a chance to prove themselves. We need help on defense badly. And our schedule doesn't help us either, it is gonna be tough this year.

I am not panicking and I don't care about the media, I care about the team and follow the team and I do not like the direction McDaniels is taking us. I hope I am very wrong, I am a huge Bronco and Nuggets fan and wanna see them do well. You wont catch me cheering against a hometown team or booing them or anything like that, I will be critical of decisions they make though.

thats respectable.

I agree that we still have a lot of holes to fill, particularly a nose tackle because without one, you dont have a 3-4 defense. Now maybe he's seensomething we can work with in camp with our current roster. OR, as I posted earlier we signed Chris Baker as an undrafted free agent (means nothing...rememberLB Wesley Woodyard last year? Undrafted free agent) Some scouts had Baker as high as a 3rd round pick. All the tape Ive seen on the guy looks promising.

What happened in the draft is the board ran real thin early on. All the key 3-4 guys(Jackson, Raji, etc) got scooped very quickly. the talent dropped offvery quickly after them so McDaniels went best player on the board in Moreno. Some wanted Orakpo, well his strength is in the 4-3, he wasnt projected very highto fit into a 3-4. Its my belief that he felt he could still get quaility later on or through free agency.

when you start trying to draft by need you sometimes come up bust as Shanahan did when we drafted Marcus Thomas, Tim Crowder, and Jarvis Moss. All 1st, 2nd,and 4th rounds I believe. Thats why we have a mess on the D line to begin with.....

my point is we havent even taken a training camp snap yet and people are writing the team off.

Give it some time. Let these players come out and compete and give McDaniels a chance to show why he's made the decisions he has before we start throwin inthe towel.

Remember the Nuggets before the season started? People were calling for George Karls head, and wanted Melo shipped out of here, all kinds of crazy talk.

give it some time.
we good.
s

Yea I see where you are coming from man, and I respect it. Last summer I was like you telling everyone the nuggets will be better without Camby and Eduardo,and if we get rid of anyone it needs to be AI and Carl (who I am still not a huge fan of). The big thing I said was that no matter what we cant get rid orMelo, the youngest and most talented player we have. If that would of happened I would have been much less optimistic for the Nugs. Unfortunately that isexactly what the Broncos did, which has left me scratching my head and not too happy with the direction we are headed. It just seemed like we completely setourselves back to the Brian Greasy/ Jake Plummer days of searching for our next Elway, who Sims and Orton are far from. We will see though, go Broncos.

And props to you man, you can tell you know your +@$%.

Originally Posted by atschach

Yea I see where you are coming from man, and I respect it. Last summer I was like you telling everyone the nuggets will be better without Camby and Eduardo, and if we get rid of anyone it needs to be AI and Carl (who I am still not a huge fan of). The big thing I said was that no matter what we cant get rid or Melo, the youngest and most talented player we have. If that would of happened I would have been much less optimistic for the Nugs. Unfortunately that is exactly what the Broncos did, which has left me scratching my head and not too happy with the direction we are headed. It just seemed like we completely set ourselves back to the Brian Greasy/ Jake Plummer days of searching for our next Elway, who Sims and Orton are far from. We will see though, go Broncos.

And props to you man, you can tell you know your +@$%.
fasho man. trust I didnt come to this conclusion overnight. I was hurt by the whole cutler thing. but I think we're gonna be good homie.

and the Nuggets thing got so ugly last year.. I remember coppin good seats to see the Lakeshow blow us out twice at the Pepsi Center. Took me a minute to getover that. But what a difference a year makes.

You a real Denver fan, I def can see that.

lets get this win in NO tonight and bring this series home to close it out!

chancey-billups.jpg

maldonado-After reviewing your messages, and your info(hahaha). Man you made a lot of good points. I am born and raised in Denver. Been here 23 years. I wasborn into being a fan of all the teams. Always been a Bronco fan. My only thing with McDaniels is this, he came in here and flexed his muscles to prove apoint. And in doing this, he got rid of a franchise quarterback in Cutler. I met Cutler before, and although he was very cocky, he was still down to earth.Which i think u need in the NFL. Now Orton may have that same swagger. But I just dont think you trade away your Pro Bowl/Franchise QB. But I love the pointsyou made man. The Nuggets comparison is very tru. I remember when Drew told me they needed to get rid of AI, and i thought he was crazy. So who is the crazyone now. But good points man for sure

jhobson5 - I felt the same way about the Cutler thing at first. I felt McDaniels flexed too hard initially but I also expected Cutler to get over all of it atsome point (he had weeks) and be the leader with confidence and poise you expect out of your quarterback. He let us down by first, simply not getting over it,then requesting a trade, then acting like he never wanted to be traded in the first place after we shipped him. I felt it showed very little mental toughnessand a complete lack of resolve.

how bout those Nuggets?!

-s. maldo
Home of the Summer Time 20 Degree Camp Out.....yup!

The whole deal was just fishy to me. I know Cutler was being a pain in the #%$ but I think McDaniels really wanted him out of town and painted a bad picture ofhim. Think about it, why would you make a player look bad that you want to trade? It would harm their value on the market. It's like McDaniels had tothough cause that was the only way he could get away with getting rid of Cutler, if he made it look like he HAD to get rid of him. I don't know if I ammaking any sense but to sum it up it seems McDaniels painted Cutler as more of a trouble child than he actually was just so they could justify getting rid of aPro Bowl franchise QB.

Thats all in the past though, I guess it is time to get over it.

And GO NUGS. That wasn't even a game, I cant believe CP3 didn't show up any better than that. And I am glad the fans here in Denver are not as bad asthe ones in NO. I was at game 4 last year when the Lakers beat us out of the first round and the stands were still pretty full and the crowd was into it up tothe end. Cant wait for tomorrow night, I will be at the game cheering.

Drew-U made a good point about Cutler. But i guess we cant cry over spilled milk we have to move on and support Orton. I guess i have to get an Ortonjersey(not gonna happen). And u r going to the game, please make sure u remember what is going on this time around. I am going to attempt to get tickets but wewill see.

ha, I was also at that game 4 last year to see the nugs get swept. i'm one of those who was OK with the Camby trade. I was even one that was a littleannoyed by picking up AI in the first place because I didn't think it would work at all, it was a step in the wrong direction, promoting more isolation 1on 1 basketball, and less defense and team work. I think all that has obviously proven to be legitimate concerns. now that we got rid of our selfish players incamby and ai, guys who play defense when it pads their stats, who are only happy if they score points, etc., added a brain to the athletic body of the team,we're one of the top teams in the league all of a sudden. i'm so happy to see it, it's like a dream come true for a nuggets fan!

also, i know it's hard for denver natives/fans to let go of, but we had shanahan and played the shanahan way for a long +## time, and we haven't seensuccess for over a decade. it was time to change everything up. no more looking for "the next elway" because that formula has gotten us nowhere. wehave a new, young coach who knows what it takes to win, who has his own style and ideas for the team, you have to give him a chance to handle business. ofcourse they shook things up a bit but in my eyes, it had to be done somehow. sending cutler out was not what we all thought would happen, but like maldo hasoutlined in great detail, he's putting things together that he knows he can work with. he's not shanahan, so he's not going to be able to coachshanahan's team. and even if we don't have great success this year, we're still making chess moves. we have so many young, talented players rightnow that this team can be built into something special in the next couple seasons. and really, Orton is NOT a BAD QB. he earned that starting role on the bears(remember, he started as a rookie cuz grossman was hurt and their second string QB sucked) and he did OK with what he had. now you put him behind one of theleague's best o-line's, with some of the leagues best receivers, and add a very promising running back to the mix, I'd say we're looking prettydamn good! it's all in the perspective. it's hard when you're so used to things being done a certain way for so long. hang in there, broncos fans.like my man said, "we good".

Originally Posted by jhobson5

I am going to attempt to get tickets but we will see.
i'm really annoyed that we have YET ANOTHER 8:30 game. some of us gotta get up mad early for work, and this is how they do us? damnit! haha. i really wanted to go tonight but I just can't do it, I'll be way too tired by the end and have to get up at 5 something tomorrow and deal withaccreditation board reviews all day. blah. couchin' it tonight.

8:30 start? Again? At least I'll be able to catch the second half when I get off work tonight. Let's get it done Nugs!

maldo please hit david west with a spit ball, i don't like that look on his face. see if cp still has the stink eye from when nene gave him the biz theother night. lol. have fun man, we're getting tix to the second round 4sho, and i'm sitting lower level for at least one game. holler at me.

Back
Top Bottom