COLORADO NTERS...

How long do you guys think Simms and Orton will be out? Without either one of those guys.....man
frown.gif
. Could anything else go wrong? And I almost think that losing as many games aspossible this year might be better for the Broncos...try and get a high 1st round draft pic. Needless to say, I'm not expecting a good (or a decent) seasonat all, so any Ws will make me happy
happy.gif

Hey guys its only preseason you can't really judge anything in the preseason. Remember last year the Lions were undefeated in the preseason and went 16-0in the regular season. Keep ya head up Bronco fans. On another football note I am so glad college football starts this Saturday! Go Hogs!

you can't judge by the pre-season, but you can judge by: new coach with no experience, franchise QB traded, both potential starting QB's injured inpreseason, 1st round draft pick running back injured in pre-season, star receiver mentally checked out, etc. it's not like this is just any other year andwe're playing crappy in pre-season, we have a lot of changes that negatively impact our outlook for the 09-10 season. we are basically a"rebuilding" team now and accepting that is really the only way to not be mad at what's ahead of us this year. but if all goes well, in a year ortwo we'll be back on track as a decent team with hopefully a decent coach that the players trust. I just hope they find some worthwhile guys for thesecondary cuz by the time we're good again, champ and dawkins will pretty much be done. our defense has been pretty good so far in pre-season. i'd liketo see the Broncos become a defensive team again. my dude elvis dumervil has been playing like an animal in pre-season so far, hope he keeps that up.

on another note, how about Giambi basically winning the game for us last night? I wasn't paying attention this week, I didn't even know we got him,then he smacks a 2 run single to pull us into the lead in the 8th for his 2nd at bat for the Rockies (first was a bases loaded walk). sweet. Rockies arelooking really good, bring on Rocktober! gotta get to some more games as the season closes out. we finish at home against the brewers before a final trip to LAto play the Dodgers. I hope we can take that last series, F the Dodgers! lol.

and Nuggets preseason starts October 10th I think, can't wait. Nuggets are gonna be one of the top teams to watch this year and I bet we will finally getsome media recognition. it will probably still be negative, but at least we'll get some kind of exposure.

Originally Posted by Korean Dave

Denver's defense looks spectacular
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

you aint lyin.. that is by far the most telling thing I've taken from watching 2 practices and all of the preseason games.

We have most definitely improved on Defense.
the only thing thats still yet to be seen is how good the front 7 will be. That will be key to determining just how well the D will play.
The secondary is gonna be verry good and we have good depth back there. I think our linebacker corp is also much improved.

Im excited.
game one in Cincy on deck.

lets get get get it!

Why does TJ Max in ATL have White/Blue Pennys and AJ 2009's for $29? If only they were my size only 8.5 a lot of pairs to.

damn, TJ max in Denver didn't even have men's shoes last time I checked...

also, Broncos played pretty good yesterday, Jarvis Moss looked like he was trying to get his job back. he was gettin' after it. and big number 95 with theINT? loved it. also, did we make it the whole game with no penalties? I'm pretty sure we went at least the first half with none... the QB looked good,lloyd looked good, darius walker looked great. definitely showing some more promise. let's just hope guys can stay HEALTHY this season and start buildingsome chemistry. I don't know much about our secondary this year outside fo the 2 big guys, who else should I be looking out for? I think I remember 21playing CB or backup Safety or something in one of the earlier preseason games... who else we got?

Finally moving from Spokane to Denver. Got a spot in Broomfield/Westminster. Any cats out in that area or downtown hit me up.

Wow, the time I leave Atlanta and the Maxxes down there start carrying mens shoes? Figures.

The lady said they usually do not carry mens shoes but for some reason they got 15 pair of each shoe. It was the one in Smyrna that had them whih makes it evenmore weird.

what stores have the best 59fifty selection in the Denver area? I usually just cop from lids.com or lids at one of the malls, but the selection usually sucksat the malls and ordering online can be a pain if the hat doesn't fit right.

I saw some decent fitteds at some new boutique type store in flatirons mall (Colab I think?), but of course it's like $40 after tax for one fitted. I guessthat's par for the course these days specially for customs. what other spots should I check out? I'm looking for CR and Nuggets fitteds in differentcolors, mostly. Colab had a decent selection.

any suggestions are welcome.

go Rockies!

^^^^^^its hit and miss where ever u go. I picked up a bunch of fitteds at the lids in southlands and they were all rockies and nuggets new eras. But the bestselection probably aurora mall lids. They have a lot of good stuff there. Or try this mlb.com. They have a lot of fitteds and if u wait they go on sale. I gotmy rockies world series all purple hate for $12 shipped

well denver heads tomorrow starts what could be a long season for the broncos. I am staying positive..but man this could be bad. By the way who watched CU getspanked by toledo(alma mater), man Hawkins better bench his kid or get fired here soon.

as expected, our D came to play! They played unbelievable. SHUT OUT football for almost 4 quarters. On Cinci's last drive where they scored a touchdown,Mike Nolan was playing a conservative prevent defense. I put that touchdown on him. they stopped blitzing!

But our defense looks outstanding. They shut out a good offense on the road for damn near the whole game. This is with Denvers offense going 3 and out for mostof the first half and having to repeatedly keep trotting out there to protect our end zone. Unbelievable.

Our offense was shaky and while Orton didnt have a good game, I saw B Marsh, Stokley, Hillis(?!), Scheff all drop balls. That will be fixed.

If I took anything away from this game, its that our defense is much improved and they're gonna be real fun to watch this year.

Contrary to popular opinion, Im not worried about the offense. They are too talented to not get the gears going eventually.

With a decent offense and a much improved defense, we're going to suprise some people this year.

I picked us to win 7 games.
color me crazy.

ps.
not to rehash an old fart but....
Your boy Cutler set career highs in his first game.
4 interceptions, with the final one costing them their final opportunity to win the game. (it should have been more around 7 INT's but the defense dropped3)

I fully expect them to lose to Pittsburgh next week too.
you know the city of Chicago didnt sleep well last night.

yeah I didn't expect the Bears to be any better than the Broncos this season.

I was laughing at Cutler throwing all those INT's, boy was SHOOK with limited protection. that's the one thing I've been saying the whole time; hewants out from the Broncos, that's fine, but it's gonna be a rude awakening when he finds out what it's like to have crappy protection from hisoffensive line. it's a whole different game when you don't have a comfy pocket to just hang out in.

I just noticed on the 16th st. mall they have Broncos banners on all the light poles, one of them is Hillis throwing the Broncos Salute, i love it! and I doapologize again for my pre-season outburst. had to get the negative thoughts out of my head. I'm feeling decent about the Broncos this year, comfortablewith my expectations, and excited for the defense (as good as our offense should've been last year, it meant nothing anyway cuz the D was not strong enoughto compete with elite teams in the league). defense wins championships. I'm going to say we'll still maybe only win 5, possibly 6, but I thinkwe'll be better than expectations if the D holds up. like maldonado says, offense will come eventually, with all the talent we have. and Orton is actuallya good QB, but they are basically using a new system, most of these guys haven't worked with each other, and they all have this new coach to work with, soit's gonna take some time.

1-0. let's go.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

they are basically using a new system, most of these guys haven't worked with each other, and they all have this new coach to work with, so it's gonna take some time.
yup. completely agree. its gonna take the offense longer to get in synch since a lot of it really is rhythm and cohesiveness, something that canonly come with them playing more regular season games. also to work the playbook in, is going to take some time.

playing the Dookie next week at home should allow us to tune some things on offense and help the players get some real production out of em. raiders week 3will be the last could/should-win game before we go into next 8 games of madness.

if we can get the offense rollin a bit, and let the D do what it do, should be interesting to say the least..

I think we can win one or two of those "guaranteed losses" after the raiders game... this is where people will start to say more positive thingsabout the team. until then, even if we win, we'll get no recognition from the general football public, but that's OK. we're "intransition" so other teams should have nothing to worry about, right? lol.

we do have one of the toughest schedules in the NFL though don't we...

Yall Broncos fans got me messed up in here. Damn my Chiefs bringing up the AFC West basement again
roll.gif

Oh and Denver a good spot for fitteds, well basic MLB fitteds is the Lids at the Castle Rock Outlet. Last time I was there I copped a Rockies 2008 NYC All StarGame fitted for like 10 bucks.

Any Boulder heads up in here? Looking for a New Era fitted Buffaloes hat.

Originally Posted by langfor5

Any Boulder heads up in here? Looking for a New Era fitted Buffaloes hat.
good luck. since the football program has been horrible for awhile, I havent seen but maybe a couple New Era Buffalo fitteds. lids.com doesnt evenhave CU listed on their NCAA drop down.

but Lids.com is EASILY the best place to cop. Lids stores probably stock only 30% of what Lids.com has inventoried. trust me, I havent been to a Lids store ina hot minute.

Back
Top Bottom