COLORADO NTERS...

that's cool that's what I always assumed, which is why I never went.

(don't mind the edits, messin' with this signature)

WOW are you kidding. The broncos did work today. 4-0. I know i didnt, I was a Josh McDaniels doubter but hey there is a method to his madness. But now, I thinkits time to pay Brandon Marshall his money. He is buying into the system, and sees how big of a play maker he can be....Denver took it to Dallas again. I betyou Mark Cuban is calling Marshall a thug now

that's because romo sucks

broncos defense defense defense defense

offense still needs some work, but getting better

keep it movin', pats next, long season

marshall's ready to play now

A few pages back I said the Broncos would only be 4-12....man was I wrong!!!! McDouchebag is slowly turning into McDaniels for me. He's starting to looklike an evil genious. We still have a whole season to go before we can give Mcdaniels the official stamp but what a direction the Broncos have taken this year!Mike Nolan should win a damn award...emmys, oscars, all that! LOL Go Broncos
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yeah I think a good majority of fans in the area had that feeling early on. I know I did. although, I'm not ready to give him all the props yet. the propsbelong to Nolan and the defense thus far, but as I said, the offense is slowly getting figured out. I mean, last week they rammed the ball up the middle at thegoal line 3 times in a row, same play, and got stopped every time and gave the ball up on the 1 yard line. that was poor decision making by the coach. just oneexample. but this weekend, they started mixing up the run and passing game a little more. but I still see them struggling on 3rd down conversions. it's agood thing Marshall came to life on that TD play or we might not have one that game. second half offense definitely looked better than 1st. bailey had somemonster plays (the pick and the 2 defensive plays in the end zone on the last cowboys drive). oh and correl buckhalter was looking like a freight train outthere. moreno continues to improve as well. all in all I think broncos fans have a lot more to look forward to than what most thought before the season, but westill have a ways to go. let's see what McDaniels can do. so far, so good.

by the way, Fanzz @ Aurora Town Center Mall (I think it was Fanzz, went to a gang of hat stores in there) has the CU hats I posted earlier, all 3 of them. HatWorld at Southwest Plaza does too. The trim is actually a light gold/tan color on one of them, another is just black and white (with the buffalo outline), andthen there's the one with the gold bill, which is really more like a tan color.

Fanzz also had some nice fitteds in a color scheme I hadn't seen before. graphite upper, top of the bill light grey, bottom of the bill purple, and thenpurple and light grey CR logo. they had different teams with the same color scheme, but instead of purple, some were light blue, green, and maybe one othercolor. pretty fresh. 7 1/2 fit like a 7 3/8 though, so be sure to try 'em on if you go.

told ya'll to calm down in the preseason!

I saw early signs that the defense was much improved in training camp.
then the pre season games came, and I said keep an eye on defense and dont sweat the offense. (it would get going eventually)

well the offense still hasnt gotten into a good rhythm YET, and we're still 4-0.

patience.
it really is a virtue.

and you HAVE TO give McDaniels all th credit in the world!

HE brought Nolan in, got rid of all of the horrible pieces on defense(McCree, Manuel, Kitovides, Webster, Winborn),
signed DAWKINS
stole Renaldo HIll and Goodman from Miami,
beefed up most the defensive front line in FREE AGENCY, not the DRAFT,
then drafted Ayers, Phonzo Smith, Darcel McBath, David Bruton,
and thats just what he did on the defensive side of the ball.

Moreso, he's provided DEPTH at every position, both defense and offense and has turned this club into a legit team, almost overnight.

Again!
I wouldnt worry too much about the offense.
They're looking better each week.

Orton has yet to throw a pick, and he's done it all with a glove on an injured THROWING hand, to boot.

and I wouldnt change a thing on the goal line play calling.
we SHOULD be able to punch it.
it just didnt work, give the d credit.
I have no problem wit the play calling in that instance though.
you dont need to pass and risk a tragic INT, you keep punching it in with the #1 RANKED RUSHING ATTACK!!!!

you try to punch it three times and fail, you don't go for 3 or try a different play? i dunno, I guess I just don't agree that that was a good call.point was, he's still feeling it out. also, I wasn't aware that McDaniels redid the entire team on his own, I figured there were more FO folks involvedin some of these moves. like getting Nolan. for some reason I thought Bowlen hired him, but I see now that McDaniels did, so that was good. but it was obviousthat the defense had to be gutted, I mean, we were almost last in defense last season. and Nolan, the perfect candidate, was out there interviewing for jobs.that's a no brainer. give McD credit because he did what needed to be done? OK, I can get with that. Nolan is doing the work though, running the 3-4 with abunch of guys who are still getting to know one another and the system, and so he gets the recognition IMO for how staggeringly good they've been. 26points on the year so far? wow. i love defense. i said it before, even if we DON'T win a bunch of games this year, I'll be happy with a good defense,like the Broncos used to be all about. so far, awesome. so fun to watch guys like williams and dumervil. champ and dawkins. so, good job to McD for building adefense, props to Nolan for coaching it, and props to Orton for playing his role perfectly so far. when we traded for him, I thought, "could beworse" since Orton was somewhat proven already,. you know what you're getting with him, and he's been right on track so far. but when you stepback and look at the ridiculous arsenal we have on offense, it makes you antsy to see them put it together and explode on somebody. i'm just really hopingto see a glimpse of that next weekend. everybody's talking about Marshall again after just one play. just imagine... to be honest, I think all it will takeis some clicking on offense in the next couple of games for people to start talking about the broncos like a legit team. nobody took our first 3 winsseriously. so, like I said, let's see what happens next week.

oh yeah by the way maldonado, on another note, you already know what time it is:

616351f2eea249b4cceca528a8472040fd187c0.jpg

if you come by at all in the next few weeks, I'll break you off some. it's got that dynamite in it too. ooweee! got enough to make another batch aswell.

of course McDaniels had assistance. Im just saying..
Early on McDaniels spoke about having Nolan on his radar as he was interviewing for the head coaching job to begin with. The day the Cutler mess broke, Dawkinswas being signed.

Listen to the any of the player interviews from any of the games.
McDaniels meticulously prepares for teams "better than anybody" according to Dawkins, DJ, BMarsh, Stokley, they've all mentioned it.

Nolan is that dude no question. Im just saying McDaniels, with most of the city against him, and all of the national media against him, has stood his groundand led us to a 4-0 record. He's put people in positions to succeed. And despite many reports, the players have bought in.

Bring on the Patriots!

8y8ac3.jpg

needa to get at a plate of piff too!

no denying that, you know the whole city is/was ready to hang him out to dry, he's just keeping his nose to the grind, good for him. it will be reallyinteresting to watch how he evolves. seems like a good start so far and I definitely won't be hating on the dude any time soon, just waiting it out to seehow things go and how he holds up after a full season as head coach in the NFL. hell, we might make the playoffs and surprise all kinds of people, who knows.if we can beat the patriots, we can beat anybody, you know?

also, what do you think the future looks like at the QB position for the Broncos? are they gonna look at trades? draft picks? hold it down with orton foranother year?

that hit on roy williams was straight VICIOUS. roy tried to come back in the game after that and couldn't do jack sh## haha. dj is that dude. nice gif.

Man the hit on roy williams looks way worse then i thought it was in the gif. I think the Broncos need to go after a QB via the draft. Orton has been a goodplayer, but he isnt the answer. I think for mcdaniels system to be effective they need a franchise quarterback not a game manager. Although i heard a veryinteresting stat...Kyle Orton is like 13-2 as a starter. Or something like that. That is insane, for a guy that has been called a "career backup"quarterback.

I think long term, we will need a new qb.
but how far Orton can take us remains to be seen.

The offense is no where near peak performance, nor is Orton.
trust me..
he's still gonna suprise some people.
the point is winning, and regardless of how many 75 yard buttery soft bullets he throws,.....he wins.

while only through 4 games, look at this stat:

2nd Half QB rating, 2009 (4 games)

1 Kyle Orton Den 123.5
2 Drew Brees NO 112.9
3 Peyton Manning Ind 111.0
4 Shaun Hill SF 110.5
5 Jay Cutler Chi 110.2

4th Quarter QB rating, 2009 (4 games)

1 Eli Manning NYG 147.5
2 Kyle Orton Den 144.7
3 Shaun Hill SF 133.7
4 Peyton Manning Ind 117.9
5 Aaron Rodgers GB 117.0

Big Play Passes (>25 yds)

1t Eli Manning NYG 11
1t Peyton Manning Ind 11
1t Philip Rivers SD 11
4t Tony Romo Dal 9
4t Matt Schaub Hou 9
6t Drew Brees NO 8
6t Trent Edwards Buf 8
6t David Garrard Jac 8
6t Kyle Orton Den 8
6t Ben Roeth. Pit 8

hell yeah his stats are killing. I also like to see the running game in action, and we ran it like carl lewis on sunday. and not only that, just based on whatOrton did with the Bears is enough for me to know he can get it done. it's just all about building the offense around his skills. seems like denver likesthe big arm QB's so we have to come with a different strategy with KO. and yeah a win is a win, and wins are what we need one way or another. it will beinteresting to see if/how they address the QB position in the next year. if we're successful with him this year, maybe he finally gets the respect astarting QB should get and we keep him around?

no doubt.

I think it depends on how far Orton takes us. He could buy himself even another year if he keeps winning. (hell he could buy himself another contract..)

Me personally, if McDaniels finds a QB he really likes I'm all for us drafting somebody in the upcoming draft, regardless of how far we go with Orton,provided he would probably sit a year anyways..

(dont forget we saw something in Brandstater and drafted him.. depnding on how McD feels about him, we might not draft any qb)

but I think we could do still do some damage with KO this year.
like you said, if anybody seen any of his games in Chicago last year, you KNOW he can get it done.
period.
he's looked shaky thus far, but its expected!
we're only 4 games into the season.

McDaniels is easing the playbook in slowly and doing whatever it takes to win, not necessarily caring how good the movie is, just making sure the bad guy diesat the end.

its a different look from past seasons.

a better look. no doubt about it.

lol, that was a good analogy about the movie, haha. and yeah man I like the kid brandstater, I hope he sticks around. simms could go and brandstater could atleast take the backup role while he develops. but like you said, we'll see how coach feels about him. and I'm going to refer to Orton as KO from thispoint forward.

and it all makes sense now too. DNC @ Invesco 2008 - Obama "Time for Change", Broncos @ Invesco, 2009, "Time for Change" haha, let'sget it!

also, does anybody know if there's a place to watch the actual Rockies game on the internet (as opposed to the "virtual" game where it just showsplay by play with cheesy graphics)? I hate this BS having the damn game on at 12:30 on a wednesday.

denver try channel surfing.net. They usually have all sorts of sporting events on that site.

Oh and happened to stop by the Westminster Mall today and any Polo heads out there they have some pretty decent deals on Polo clothes at the Dillards.

good lookin' out, I'll have to stop in. been meaning to hit up shoe extreme for fitteds anyway. i'll try that site too. yesterday I justed bustedout the radio, went old school.

langfor5, did you see the info I posted about the CU fitteds the last couple pages? they're out there in full force. hit up Lids at Southwest Plaza (err,Hat World), or hit up Fanzz at Town Cetner in Aurora, or juust hit up Lids.com. all those spots have the black with white CU logo with gold trim.

Denver, I aint checked out either places yet. Swung by Finishline at Flatirons and they don't even carry fitted hats anymore.
roll.gif
. . .
tired.gif
I'll get out to those places eventually. I know that Peg or CC had the CU hat I was talking about. I had one before but it got stolen inAtlanta.

Shoe Extreme was straight. I'mma have to pick up the Gucci colored Jay's hat that they have for sale. I'm telling you the best place to getNE's would be 32nd St. Fashions or whatever that place is called but there was some pushy *** Asian lady working. Typical Asian lady working at a placethat sells G-Unit clothing, du-rags in 100 different colors, bulk 5x T's and fake chains always thinking you are going to steal something, lol.

Yo, def. you better hurry up and get to Westminster. I swear that joint is just gonna be closed one day, randomly. That clearance Dillards looks like a tornadowent through there, lol.

haha, i feel ya, every time i go to westminster mall, it looks more and more like lakeside. I'm gonna try to hit them up this weekend and see what theyget. and are the fitteds at 32nd St Fashions legit?? everything in that store looks like a knock off so I never felt comfortable buying anything there, haha. idon't do fakes, not even fitteds. i'll have to check it out though.

edit: damn ok I just hit up westminster mall, rolled up in there at 7:30 and thought the mall was closed, haha. it really is looking like lakeside mall now. anyway, word of warning, dillard's apparently closes at 7 now cuz they're so broke they can't afford to stay open, so their days are reallylimited. maybe i'll try again tomorrow.

I did hit up marshall's though, and they have world baseball new era fitteds if anybody's interested. they had quite a few. usa, mexico and puertorico, all $8 each. couple decent 'los as well. went to ross too, found a pair of tailwinds i wanted, only pair, my size, no price, they go find the mostexpensive nike they had and tell me that's how much i'd have to pay ($40). thanks but no thanks.

oh, and shoe extreme's fitted selection has gotten even better, lots and lots of dope fitteds in there. they had a couple really nice CU hats too, onewith a metallic gold brim, a black on black, and I think a couple others. different from the ones at lids.com.

Originally Posted by simon ritchie

blazer-acg-3.jpg

Heat for the cold weather. Nike Blazer A.C.G just arrived

No Offense My Dude But There Is NOTHING "Heat" About This Pair Of Shoes..... Joints Look Like A Pair Of Doc Martins From The'90's
sick.gif
PS- That Hit On Roy Williams Was Sid Vicious!
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom