Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Did you get the black/infrared VI's? If so how do those compare to the IV's?

Damn, I went 12 in them and needed to go 11.5 I always play safe incase they too tight to wear, but im not doing that again.

Damn, I went 12 in them and needed to go 11.5 I always play safe incase they too tight to wear, but im not doing that again.

I went 12 in the VI's but ended up getting a thicker insole so that could care of them being too big. I get the IV's in the mail tomorrow so I am looking forward to trying them out. I'm starting to err on the side of 12s now so that my feet don't hurt.

I went 12 in the VI's but ended up getting a thicker insole so that could care of them being too big. I get the IV's in the mail tomorrow so I am looking forward to trying them out. I'm starting to err on the side of 12s now so that my feet don't hurt.

Yeh ive done that with shoes in the past as well. Just prefer not to, might try on my iv's. Enjoy yours, they nice. I put em on and immediately thought I want a double cos I wanna rock the **** outta them. But I dunno, feb is a busy month and I wont 2 oreos

i was in rome for some days, i was there in the release of the columbia 4s..super general release and these are sitting in almost every sneakerstore in Rome...footlockers, nike stores and other local shops in FSRs. if anyone visits rome and wants them it might be a good chance. by the way, not impressed with the quality. pretty similar to fire red/retro 88 jordan 3 leathers.
Same in Greece. There are quite a few shops that have all kinds of sizes. I -obviously- love the IVs, but with all due respect to those that like them, personally I could care less about the Columbias. I've said it before and I'll say it again: What this world needs is: the 99 White/Cements, "BREDS" and the -never retroed- White/Reds with the legendary NIKE AIR logo. End of story.
laugh.gif

With that said, what's really interesting is to see how their paint will hold up after a few times of wearing them. Those of you who bought them and already started wearing them please let us know.

I noticed the midsole is very very soft when u push on it, if it was the og release ya'd say they were unwearable. So they changed something there, hopefully it helps the paint to stick better because it can flex more

I noticed the midsole is very very soft when u push on it, if it was the og release ya'd say they were unwearable. So they changed something there, hopefully it helps the paint to stick better because it can flex more
Interesting... Thanks for the info!

Fnl pair was flawless. Ndc pair has these weird lumps on toebox. Quality is definatly alot better if comparing to any white 4's released the last couple of years but this seems like the leather we got with the Laney 5's for 170.
+$20 because they used this leather on a 4. And I feel like I got stiffed with a old box not the new ones. Cmon JB.

Last edited:
Fnl pair was flawless. Ndc pair has these weird lumps on toebox. Quality is definatly alot better if comparing to any white 4's released the last couple of years but this seems like the leather we got with the Laney 5's for 170.

Nah they were shiny compared, more plastic feel on the laneys

I've seen a few people mention the Yellow Tours as if those are the standard of excellence. I liked the tongues and cw, but overall my Tours were crap. Shoddy craftsmanship and no cushioning, like wearing bricks. I guess I got a bad pair...

I've seen a few people mention the Yellow Tours as if those are the standard of excellence. I liked the tongues and cw, but overall my Tours were crap. Shoddy craftsmanship and no cushioning, like wearing bricks. I guess I got a bad pair...
While some of the older pairs undoubtedly were crafted better, I think too much credit is given to the quality of certain pairs. The mid-2000 era for 4s had nice cw's, but quality was not what some say it was. Rosy retrospection.

Received my pairs today...quality of the leather is nice...but that glue mark tho!
Any recommendations how to get it out? Most likely returning it - SMH
mean.gif
Don't return them just over a glue mark... I've gotten those out in the past with a small bit of rubbing alcohol, and I am sure there are other methods.

Sounds like you got a fake pair.... I know they are not pissing excellence but they are without a single bit of doubt, better quality and more cushion then these columbias.
And again, im pleased with the quality on the columbias

These are pretty nice in-hand... no major complaints here except for that price tag.  Noticed a Quality Control "QC" sticker inside the box... is that new?

those of you whe got these .5 down, did you to thst with your 6s too? are your 6s and these 4s the same size?

I bought both shoes in the same sz 10. But the IV fit bigger in the toe area as someone else has mentioned. The 6s don't fit as big prolly because the shape of the toe isn't as wide as the 4s. I had the 6s in 9.5 as well but when I tried them on and walked around me house it had to much pinching in the pinky toes. But remember the 6s material isn't as
Soft as the IVs. I'm prolly gonna sz down .5 on the Oreos and be ok for the following reason.

The leather is softer and will be more
Forgiving

The toe area is more wider than the infrared 6

And I just really hate having my shoes to big. A half insole would prolly fix the sz problem though.

Back
Top Bottom