Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

Surprised to hear there were still pairs floating around in a few sizes a week later. 

I finally got these and like what  many have said, the material and craftmanship was nothing to rave about.  They fit true to size as any other IVs I've had.  I realize this 'remaster' thing was just a marketing ploy but I suppose Jordan Brand was just improving, or bringing their retro shoes back up to par.  I thought the black toe XIVs were done well and even some of the general jordan shoes you see at the major retailers.  I consider the BRED 1s to be a bit disappointing and 'cheap' sort of speak, though it's been a while since I bought retros.  Not sure how the VIs played out, so I can't compare.

The only thing that irks me is JB putting in those SIZE STICKERS in the INSOLE!!  It's like I buy a pair of shoes, take out all the stuffing and still have to remove those stickers before I set foot in them.  It's not always easy to remove either.  Sheesh.  Speaking of which, why do they put these shoe inserts and stuffing together and plastic tissue in the box?  If JB wanted to really fiddle w/ the marketing ploy, they might as well put in plastic inserts, a legit wooden shoe tree or something.  I guess JB is always tinkering their marketing ploys.  I don't think consumers care either, but just another 'gimmick'.

I really like these and I'm debating as to whether or not I should spray the water proof thing on them.

On a side note, I don't know if the soles on the IVs are prone to crumbling as I know the older 3s did.  Seems like the base sole they use on most Retros are rather similar.  At least JB is improving on some things.  Would hate to see the sole 'fall' off or whatever like the Xs.  Guess I better wear them.  I would buy another pair if it was under retail, but I wouldn't necessarily double up on these.  

The only thing that irks me is JB putting in those SIZE STICKERS in the INSOLE!!  It's like I buy a pair of shoes, take out all the stuffing and still have to remove those stickers before I set foot in them.  It's not always easy to remove either.  Sheesh.  Speaking of which, why do they put these shoe inserts and stuffing together and plastic tissue in the box?  If JB wanted to really fiddle w/ the marketing ploy, they might as well put in plastic inserts, a legit wooden shoe tree or something.  I guess JB is always tinkering their marketing ploys.  I don't think consumers care either, but just another 'gimmick'.

Yeah I agree with you with those stupid SIZE Stickers....some are not easy to get off and the insole is glued on so tight that I ripped off the insole and it has a big hole on the bottom now...damn.  Some stickers I can't even take off.  

i would use a small.tweezer, but if it doesnt, ill use some rubbing alcohol or goo gone. ill use some water afterwards too. it irks me. haha miss seeing the jumpman inside haha

Release day for these 4s in Brisbane, Australia. Was on business there and passed by a FL early last Saturday. These were raffle winners waiting to be called in to buy their shoes. The FL manager told me almost all retro Js sell out instantly by raffle.

Notice that almost everyone is Asian. Australia is about 10% Asian but in the two cities i spent time in, Sydney and Brisbane, the Asian population seems to be much higher than that, and the only people I saw wearing Js on the streets were Asian. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just an observation. I went into every Footlocker and Hype (an Aussie sneaker chain) I could in both cities, and never saw a single retro J sitting out waiting to be bought.

I had long ago decided to pass on these, but of course watching these folks copping their Js made me regret my decision, LOL, as I felt left out. But only while I was there.

View media item 1356459View media item 1356458

Last edited:

i would use a small.tweezer, but if it doesnt, ill use some rubbing alcohol or goo gone. ill use some water afterwards too. it irks me. haha miss seeing the jumpman inside haha
Use your girls hair dryer for a couple seconds, then peel it off with tweezers

It's the truth. Chicago Xs are coming back and they just retrod like 2 years ago. 
i still have my pair ds.... i think i'm gonna try and do the good old switcharoo with the new ones  and return them to the  outlet  
laugh.gif

bordeaux 7's are coming back all ready too 

Last edited:
[thread="596242"] [/thread]
It's the truth. Chicago Xs are coming back and they just retrod like 2 years ago. 
i still have my pair ds.... i think i'm gonna try and do the good old switcharoo with the new ones  and return them to the  outlet  :lol:  

Ehhhh can't do that. 2 year return policy bruh :lol:

[thread="596242"] [/thread]
i still have my pair ds.... i think i'm gonna try and do the good old switcharoo with the new ones  and return them to the  outlet  :lol:  

Ehhhh can't do that. 2 year return policy bruh :lol:

think hes talking about returning the old pair in the new box and hoping the person doesnt know crap :lol:

white cement's the winner for me. this is exciting news if the rumor is true. i can pull my 2012's out more often now.

Back
Top Bottom