Columbia Air Jordan 4 Retro for 2015 (01/10/15 $190)

this snow wont allow me to go get a raffle tic. online for me. i think i should be good though.

I would like to know that as well. We can keep it real tho, we all know those states are full of Cowboys lol. I mean that's what they are. But we also know white suburban folks buy the hell out of Js too. It could be a culture thing. I have seen one white dude on YouTube that was up in Montana and was real big in the sneaker community.
Well if someone can confirm that Montana is getting the below shoes, and not these J's then we know its a demographic thing lol

Last edited:
As far as i know we will not be getting those KDs up her :lol:

While i agree its the demographic (white ppl dont buy sneakers like that there, ie these syates), its also gotta be demand based. Theres only pretty much 3 malls here in Montana with sneaker stores. Bozeman (where I am), Missoula (3 hrs west of me), and Billings (2 hours east)

Missoula - FinishLine & Champs maybe
Billings - FootLocker and Champs
Bozeman - Footlocker (smallest of all 3)

Here in bozeman we get the biggest of GRs as mentioned before. As for KDs Brons and Kobes, its usually months later that our store will get a shipment and we get those random left over pairs some times

Billings Foot Locker will get their fair share (most) of Nike Sig new releases. Same amount of releases for Retros

Its gotta be demand. While all 3 cities are college towns the demand for it is not here. Kids here bypass a retro J still available and pick up some D Rose's to rock or a pair of Jordan Flights. Along with the parents are not going to buy their kids $170+ shoes. Occasionally youll see a younger kid in high school with a retro on but its rare.

Also just not enough adults into it. Theres some but not enough to warrant getting a lot of releases. Its usually 1 size run, with a cpl pairs for 9-10.5

**no im not saying white ppl or any other race besides blacks arent into sneakers **

Last edited:
I honestly would love to get some insight as to why certain state's like The Dakota's, Montana, and Wyoming don't get any consistent love and keep taking L's.

its due to the sales volume of the stores

i know some are just gunna say well send them stuff and the sales will increase

but its technically not that simple

lets use dakota for example

the HOH in dakota might be a mere 1-2mil a year volume building

so the buyers will look at it as the volume is very low compared to other location across the country

so dakota grouping of stores is not a priority

so they get crumbs and sometimes not even that

1-2 mil is the low end of a HOH FTL etc...

now mind you thats TOTAL REVENUE meaning shoes apparel socks laces cleaners EVERYTHING

so the buyers for the stores look at it as say outta 1 mil a year only 400K is sneaker sales in that location 300K is payroll/rent etc.. and remaining 300K is apparel etc...

so its deemed as

the sneaker demand is not high in this market

also keep in mind that a large portion of this revenue is 100% liquid

meaning that anywhere from 250K and up is just recycled revenue to stock all upcoming product for the year so your never down and stray in the green never the black or red

so the profit margin for a 1 mil building after the liquid part is pulled out and payroll rent etc... could only be 500K(or more or less just an example)

because of this buyers for the stores in these markets are not aggressive with it and will SLOWLY increase allocations if at all

as its looked at as the market is very small there give priority to another location

now is it fair to people that live in those markets??

not at all

buut business and budget wise it makes perfect sense

now lets take HOH 34th street nyc

this is a very small location

but its a 10 mil a year building and has prime location

a buyer for that store will be far more agressive due to the sales revenue BUT also due to its location and foot traffic its not much of a gamble to send them a push

they had just shy of 1K legend 11's

and were sent a push an an additional 400 closeer to drop date

thats roughly 1400 pairs in ONE location on an avenue with a ton of shoe stores

many of which are sister stores

odds are dakota wyoming montana HOH didnt get 1400 pairs COMBINED

^ Yup

And i know some stuff that seems like its been on shelf since i moved here in summer 2011

Haven't bought sneakers (Jordans to be specific) in a while. Will I be able to walk into FootLocker in the afternoon and get a pair or are these limited at all?

local FTL got 18 pairs, did raffle and so far has 8 entries

local FNL got 18 pairs, did guarenteed tickets and still has multiple sizes.

Either everyone is going HAM online or not much hype/want for them

After RD We'll be hearing this one:

"JB Quiality Sucks, There's Orange Marks from the Hang Tag on the Tongue of J's!!!"

^^Hell that's a without question for me. Much rather have either of those over the Toro 4s.

Last edited:
lol yea...my local stores didn't even have half the sign up sheet filled, not much hype on these

Same here I think the sign up sheet was only on the second page. They even let me fill out my information. I don't mind trying online but if I can get them in store on release day I won't pass the chance up.

Back
Top Bottom